Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKidgardFromSRQ
Strange

Amanita Muscaria
    #4466386 - 07/28/05 09:08 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Im just curious as to if any one has done them? What are they like? I'm going up to michigan pretty soon and I have a really nice cottage, and I remember when I was about 9 I saw a bunch of them growing wild. And I'm going to return for them!

--------------------
Be nice to people in general. Even if you don't like them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFrappy
Strange

Loc: South Florida
Re: Amanita Muscaria [Re: KidgardFromSRQ]
    #4467437 - 07/29/05 12:48 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Get them properly ID'd before you eat them.

OfflineDrunkenAttempt
Chemically Inclined
Male User Gallery

Loc: Nova Scotia, CANADA
Re: Amanita Muscaria [Re: Frappy]
    #4468135 - 07/29/05 07:17 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

go to this webpage:

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/subs/exp_Amanitas.shtml

Read the experiences that other people have had than decide if you want to eat them.5 grams dried i suggest eating if you wanna go down that road... don`t over so it because amanitas are powerful shit.

--------------------

Nature is my God, Science is my religion.

OfflineChiefess
ExperiencedToker / AmateurMushroom Hunter

Re: Amanita Muscaria [Re: DrunkenAttempt]
    #4468259 - 07/29/05 08:41 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

unless you have a very strong mind i wouldnt reccomend messing with the muscaria (or any other amanita containing ibotenic acid for that matter). it is not anything like psilocybin mushrooms, or any other drug for that matter. nothing can prepare you for it.

--------------------
Been Tokin'!

OfflineDrunkenAttempt
Chemically Inclined
Male User Gallery

Loc: Nova Scotia, CANADA
Re: Amanita Muscaria [Re: Chiefess]
    #4468270 - 07/29/05 08:48 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

agreed.

--------------------

Nature is my God, Science is my religion.

OfflineKidgardFromSRQ
Strange

Re: Amanita Muscaria [Re: DrunkenAttempt]
    #4468804 - 07/29/05 11:56 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

im just wondering what theyre like, i can identify them. theres not really any look alikes of the amanita muscari.

--------------------

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
    #4469719 - 07/29/05 02:53 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

that isn't even close to true. there are amanitas wich can be easily confused by a novice with every psychoactive Amanita species.

there is no excuse for failing to be familiar in depth with the genus if you are even thinking of eating any species therein.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

OfflineMrChampignon
Respect theFungus

Re: Amanita Muscaria [Re: canid]
    #4483237 - 08/01/05 10:24 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I would never eat a wild shrooms without having alot of people here telling me it's 100% sure it's a good one but do you know if any other shrooms (I live in Canada) may looklike alot Amanita Muscaria?? The red color seem so unique...

I'll sure try to find them, I am pretty sure I live in a perfect region to find A. Muscaria.... Birch and Pines, that's all we have here.....

--------------------

sorry for my poor english, I'm from Qu?bec!!

OfflineSurwinMaxawow
TONKA TOY
Male User Gallery

Re: Amanita Muscaria [Re: MrChampignon]
    #4483510 - 08/01/05 11:07 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

In my opinion with all the vastly different experience accounts I've read, A Muscaria is one mushroom that demands more than just a few different opinions but some heavy research.

The one time I did them which was about 30 grams dry, I ended up pretty much disappointed with the very mild effects that I felt. I did, however, enjoy what I felt. I absolutely did. I just would have liked it to be about 10 times stronger that's all. As for the after effects, there were absolutely none at all. The next day was perfectly good energetic day for me.
So judging by my very own personal experience with Fly Agarics, if I ever had another chance to try amanita muscarias again...I would without any hesitation or worry. I do not believe they are as dangerous as people often say as long as it has been correctly identified.
I think the biggest danger factor of A. Muscaria has to do with how varied its potency can be from one mushroom to another, and so this makes it a very unpredictable mushroom to mess with. But from what I have read, which I believe is true is that the mushrooms that are picked earliest in the season such as in August are said to be the most potent and most visionary, compared to those that are picked later on in the fall which tend to be very weak and hardly psychedelic or visual. So perhaps the ones I ordered from the internet were picked late in the year, because they sure has hell didn't do much at all, even at 30 grams.

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: Amanita Muscaria [Re: SurwinMaxawow]
    #4485935 - 08/02/05 03:09 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Mr Champignon:

i wish so many people wouldn't get so wrapped up on *look alikes*. you musht certainly be aware that many mushrooms can be confused with eachother with varrying degrees of ease, butthere is no excuse for not properly understanding the genus Amanita and identifying it's memebers to species [as close as may be] if you have the interest in them.

a mushroom is only certainly A. muscaria if it has a bright red to yellow orange cap, white spores, white gills, an annulus and a bulb like-volval structure having multiple concentric rings near it's top.

this is a far cry from saying an Amanita belongs to a given species if it looks like it does and does not seem to fit in any other you know of. this method is dangerous.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

OfflineKidgardFromSRQ
Strange

Re: Amanita Muscaria [Re: canid]
    #4495682 - 08/04/05 02:55 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

well look, i dont know much about em, im not even in the northern hemisphere. but me and some friends are road trippin to my cottage in michigan, and i have memories of them up there. i did some research online though, and i saw nothing saying anything about an amanita muscaria look alike, other then death caps, which are quite disntinguishable from the muscaria. are there any other look alikes with a bright red cap, white/yellow warts on top, white gills, white spores, etc etc etc?

--------------------

OfflineSweetLeaf
"33"
 User Gallery

Loc: wa
    #4496151 - 08/04/05 05:53 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Look up Amanita Regalis.

These could be confused with Amanita muscaria var. formosa, as they can present an orangish color.

--------------------
Ph.dizzle

InvisibleBobHumboldt
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#4539607 - 08/15/05 07:35 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Hey, sorry if this post is stale. I'm not an amanita expert by any means but I've eaten them quite a few times (since 1982). One of my trips that I wrote about on erowid, is here: http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=33297

IMHO, Amanita Muscaria is the best drug on the planet -- it is the Holy Grail, the original Sacrament, the foundation of many religions, the Sampo, the Comforter, Paracletes... But you need to be DAMN sure what you're doing. Make sure it is Amanita Muscaria (var. formosa or var. muscaria) and not Amanita Pantheria. Dry it about 140 degrees to properly season it. Don't wash it down with carbonated drinks.

I usually eat about 10 grams dry or make tea. When your hands start to twitch (it's called 'tendon jump') that's a sign that it's taking effect. I've never had a bad experience except one time when I drank a cola with the shrooms... People advise a 'sitter' but I do them alone.

But still you need to be careful. Research, read "Soma the Divine Intoxicant" by Wasson, and Heinrich's book "Mushrooms in Religion and Alchemy", and Hawk and Venus' book "Soma Shamans". James Arthur's book is ok if you can swallow the rants, and he knows his stuff. Donald E. Teeter has also written two books -- "The Sacred Secret," available on amazon.com, gives some good recipies, and makes a good case for the true Holy Herb. And John Allegro's book is ok, but he never experienced Soma so his conclusions are jaded by his prejudice. I digress...

Hawk probably knows more about Soma than anyone in the world. He is a Shaman/Wizard who lives in Northern California. Hawk's web site is located at http://redangels.yage.net/ and you can buy the book that he wrote (with Venus) or Amanita-inspired artwork if your interested. They also produced a DVD. By the way, I sure as hell have no financial stake in redangels, but they are probably the most honest and sincere Soma-inspired folks out there.

Good Luck!

Soma is the Spirit of God!

Peace

Edited by BobHumboldt (08/15/05 09:10 PM)

OfflineSoftRat
Stranger
Re: Amanita Muscaria [Re: BobHumboldt]
    #4540092 - 08/15/05 09:12 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I prefer A. Panther to A. muscaria as it has never made me sick at all. A. muscaira, particularly the yellow varity can cause a lot of nausia.

The Ibotenic Acid high is wonderful! And when combined with marijuanna....watch out! When mixed with weed the high can be one of the most potently hallucingenic experience of your life.

--------------------
Everything I say in these posts is a made up fiction.

Offlineastraalialma
Friend
 User Gallery

Loc: Funland
Re: Amanita Muscaria [Re: SoftRat]
    #4541268 - 08/16/05 03:33 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

What I read about the chemistry of Amanitas the effects are not simply by Ibotenic Acid but a mix of other chemicals too. Most of them lack scientific data, unresearched chemicals.

Surwinmaxawow said, needs some heavy research.

And some text says that Pantherina is much more potent.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale