Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGodspeed
Stranger
Loc: God's Basement
Making mushroom tea, are you actually injesting the mushrooms? or does the boiling water carry... * 1
    #4467966 - 07/29/05 07:19 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

the active alkoloids? i've read the recipe and it said to boil and then strain, my impression then would be that you're not actually eating the fruit bodies themselves, the water holds the active alkoloids.

is this correct? i've been feeling a lot of discomfort when i dose, i usually just eat them straight with peanut butter. but it's the mushrooms themselves that make me feel ill, if this tea method is straining the mushrooms out of the water, that'd be great. your body doesn't need to break down the mushroom's fibers then, no nausea or gas in this case i'd imagine, right?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAiko Aiko
 User Gallery

Loc: Lazy River Road
Re: Making mushroom tea, are you actually injesting the mushrooms? or does the boiling water carry. [Re: Godspeed]
    #4468011 - 07/29/05 07:42 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

You are correct, at least IME. Let me tell you, it will knock your socks off. Come up in 10-15 min, peaking in 30. You trip really hard, really fast, but it doent last quite as long, unless you boost your trip at some point. Have fun! :slomo:

--------------------
Man says, "God, show me and I will believe." God says, "Believe and I will show you."

OfflineWronguy
Re: Making mushroom tea, are you actually injesting the mushrooms? or does the boiling water carry. [Re: Aiko Aiko]
    #4468020 - 07/29/05 07:53 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I definitely agree with that. I usually double dose with a split of 2-3 grams each dose, spaced 1-2 hours apart. My trip will usually last 5-6 hours with no problem.

OfflineGodspeed
Stranger
Loc: God's Basement
Re: Making mushroom tea, are you actually injesting the mushrooms? or does the boiling water carry. [Re: Wronguy]
    #4468049 - 07/29/05 08:23 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

wow, i can't wait to try this out. i'm going to read up some more on some recipes, get something going good

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Re: Making mushroom tea, are you actually injesting the mushrooms? or does the boiling water carry. [Re: Godspeed]
    #4468182 - 07/29/05 10:01 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Personally, I drink most of the shrooms with the tea, I just nuke water for 2 minutes in a mug in the microwave, then ground up my dose and throw it in the hot water with a tea bag and let it sit for 10-15 and cool down...in that time most all the mushroom matter absorbs the water and sinks, then I just drink it and swallow the stuff floating on the surface, I never finish my tea either, I usually leave a 1/2 inch to an inch in the bottom with alot of the crap. I tried straining the shrooms once, but the tea barly worked...I do not think it was due to straining the shrooms though, I think I put the shrooms in the water FIRST and whole, then nuke it for like 3 minutes (bigger glass of water and was hot enough after 2...then I left it sit to get to cold so I nuked it again for another 2 which made it ay to hot. I think 5 minutes nuking the shrooms did alot of damage...I know I often only eat maybe 10-25% of the dry mass of the shrooms anyway, and get the full trip, so yes everything is pretty much in the water. That last 1/2 inch with all the shroom mush in the bottom of the tea will make someone trip though..

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineBoringNickName
Stranger
Re: Making mushroom tea, are you actually injesting the mushrooms? or does the boiling water carry. [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4468683 - 07/29/05 01:16 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I never eat the shroom bits when I make tea.

Icky.

Offlinedeff
lovelightbliss
 User Gallery

Loc: all this Flag
Re: Making mushroom tea, are you actually injesting the mushrooms? or does the boiling water carry. [Re: BoringNickName]
    #4468901 - 07/29/05 02:24 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I've done both and always had good results :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleMasonsChild
Fellow Traveler>^..^<

Loc: Upper Midwest
Re: Making mushroom tea, are you actually injesting the mushrooms? or does the boiling water carry. [Re: deff]
    #4468929 - 07/29/05 02:31 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Boil heavily for 10 to 20 minutes and strain and toss. The mushrooms will all sink when you turn off the heat if it is ready.
I wouldn't eat after boiling, you will have more than enough in the water.
Also, I recomend making strong tea and substituting it for water with a box of brownie or muffin mix and baking them. I am making some tomorrow for a campout.

--------------------
Truckin' ain't for Sally's

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Making mushroom tea, are you actually injesting the mushrooms? or does the boiling water carry. [Re: MasonsChild]
    #4469940 - 07/29/05 05:33 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I just bring my water to a strong boil, turn off the heat then throw the shrooms in. Then i strain through a T shirt, and add Kool aid or a tea bag.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience