Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Calea Zacatechichi

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

Calea tea bitter??? And other questions?
    #4467562 - 07/29/05 03:28 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I seem to read everywhere that calea tea is bitter. A few months ago I ate the herb, which had a mild plant taste, and now I finally tried the tea, which tastes like grass in water (not unpleasant in my opinion, very earthy). After the time I ate (about 3g) it I felt the activity pretty soon after. I usually don;t remember my dreams the next day, but it was during a period where I was remembering them...and I remembered them the day after eating the herb too. I don't think they were particularly lucid..so the results are somewhat inconclusive. There seems to be different notions of what lucid dreaming actually is. It could be said that they were lucid only in the literal sense of the word. This type of lucidity could be affected by anything. I just now drank the tea of about 7 grams to make sure i wasn't imagining anything last time. The effects while awake are completely undeniable..and started way before I got anywhere near the bottom...so its not necessarily the amount. It appears to me that its activity has a relaxing effect that may allow more vivid dreams than normal. This sometimes occurs with alcohol or other substances, meaning that dreaming is not something that particularly comes from the plant, where relaxation or alteration is. As a result of alteration while asleep, as is sometimes the case with alcohol and these other substances, lucid dreaming is possible, but not definite. This would explain some of the variation in the reports. I hope what I'm trying to propose is clear. Does anyone have any opinions or info to add? Also, what's up with the lack of bitterness I have heard people talk about? The source was reputable and it seems to work.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Loc: England.
Re: Calea tea bitter??? And other questions? [Re: blazed123]
    #4468126 - 07/29/05 09:13 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Stuff fresh from my plant is quite bitter, it tastes a bit like opium with a bit of menthol or something. And yes, it tastes very... plant-like!
But I wouldn't say that it's VERY VERY bitter like some people do, so there may not be anything strange about the way yours tastes. You may just have a strong tolerance to bitterness!
I really want to experiment with this plant more myself, but for some reason I can't keep my plant happy this year. I might have to wait until next year before I can harvest some :frown:.

Re: Calea tea bitter??? And other questions? [Re: Openminded]
    #4470086 - 07/29/05 06:06 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks for the response. I had some incredible dreams last night even into the late morning. For example, there was this weird looking creature, supposedly a scorpion according to what was said in the dream. It reminded me of a remote control car though because it was about that big, soprt of rubbery looking and it was chasing us at super speed. But it would always go past me and turn around without ever really attacking. It was almost funny...more like a roller coaster thrill.. I also noticed some instances where i would be thinking something and it would happen or someone would say omethng about it. These kinds of things have happened before to me in dreams wihtout calea, but it seems very coincidental that it happened right after I drank a huge amount of tea. By the way, I mentioned that last time I had been in a period when I was remembering my dreams often...this time I was not..and I remember at least two. And like I said before, the effect was very strong almost as soon as I drank it. I would wake up occasionally after one dream ended..and I didn't feel like getting out of bed in the morning...maybe from being in this active state all night. As for the tea itself...it was not bitter in any way. You mentioned fresh are a little bitter. Is is possibly because I used dried leaves that I didn't experience bitterness? I have a high tolerance for some bitter things...but I do notice. I actuially enjoyed the taste.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Calea Zacatechichi

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden