Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineaustio_ferocious
Amateurmycologist

Loc: a place I call my cave.
EVIL Bacteria, DIE YOU BASTARDS!
    #4466431 - 07/28/05 11:17 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I have done some searching for ways to save a bacterially contaminated grain jar, and have not found what I seek. Hopefully someone can spell it out for me. I have jars that are 95% colonized, and have some bacteria, when I tried to case one, the bacteria spead quicker than s#@t (or quicker IN s@%t)and stunk to high heaven in a few days. I'm wondering if I were to dunk in h2o2 water, would there much chance of eliminating the infection and having more success? Your help is greatly appreciated.

--------------------
ARAO corp. new non-profit org. seeking startup assistance to help disaster victims, homeless, and others in need. We are in need of; Volunteer assistance- CPA & Legal services. Donations- food, clothing, office supplies/electronics, land/structures (any where on the planet), cash for same, ect. PM me for details.
IF YOU DON'T DONATE HERE, PLEASE DO IT SOMEWHERE!!!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
Re: EVIL Bacteria, DIE YOU BASTARDS! [Re: austio_ferocious]
    #4473935 - 07/30/05 05:18 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I've only heard of h2o2 helping with cobweb, but I don't know much about contams

--------------------
GET MAD SWAG MONEY BIG PIMPIN

Offlinekimikiri
Sometimes

Loc: Growing Outwards
Re: EVIL Bacteria, DIE YOU BASTARDS! [Re: austio_ferocious]
    #4479480 - 08/01/05 02:40 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

If you are 100% sure you have a contam even before you birth/case then do not bother with trying to save the cake. Im sure that it CAN be done by an expert under the proper conditions, but it is not worth the effort/risk for someone who has no clue what they are doing.

Anything that "stinks to high heaven" is a contam(most likely bacteria) and may possibly even pose a health risk.

Why take the chance...?

Instead of wondering how to save an obviously contaminated grow/cake... try working on active prevention on your next batch. Someone much wiser than myself once said that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

--------------------
Those who would sacrifice their freedoms for securities deserve neither, and will soon lose both.

-Benjamin Franklin

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum