Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds   Amazon DXM, Kava Kava, Morning Glory Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

How to quit pot?
    #4466113 - 07/28/05 09:56 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Not like my body tries to kill me if I go without a smoke, but I really feel like I should quit, but I don't want to quit. It's a recipe for failure isn't it?

I don't like feeling stupid and foggy-brained.... I don't like having to settle for barely getting high to feel "relaxed" and "normal" or totally blazing it and "tripping too hard" (i do trip on this stuff).... it's not really fun anymore, and though it could be conceived as "spiritual" it's nothing wanted.

I get too many muscle twitches and weird feelings (maybe it's just bad weed?) and I feel like I should stop.

The problem is I have this craving to get high, if not on pot then on something else, and what is nicer and safer for you than pot to fill that need? Not tobacco.... not psychedelics because you can't do them every day or walk around high in places you shouldn't be. [at least i can't]

alcohol? Again it's more dangerous than pot, and sadly harder for me to get because I'm not old enough. Kava? Well it's supposed to be bad for the liver and shouldn't be done more than once a month.

Pot seems like the safest drug, but it doesn't really seem recreational anymore, even though I'm high as ever.... DXM is an alternative but it's dangerous as hell to the brain and also leaves unwanted after effects.

I just want something recreational to chill and waste time with.... something other than pot, so I don't feel so stupid that I can't even understand the movies I'm watching, etc, etc... something "smarter" and more coherent.

How do I get off a drug if I want to be high?

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineCloud
Stranger

Loc: USA
Re: How to quit pot? [Re: leery11]
    #4466170 - 07/28/05 10:21 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Just dont smoke man...if you keep having cravings, look at what you wrote...re-read it everytime you think you need a hit and realize it isnt worth it. if its the people you hang out with, try to find new ones and hang with them for awhile.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #4466191 - 07/28/05 10:28 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

That's the problem really, just wanting to be high.

If coffee does it for you, then that's just about the only completely socially acceptable option (and probably the only one that isn't going to have any serious effect on your ability to function).

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflinePowerTrip
Polypharmaceutical Shaman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The void
    #4467282 - 07/29/05 02:11 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I was in your position about five years ago.  I had to quit hanging out with all of my pothead friends.  Well, I still found myself calling my hookup so I could smoke down by myself.  You smoke on a daily basis for over a year and you feel rather lost and bored without it.  The key is to find something you are passionate about that doesn't include getting high.  I got addicted to weight lifting and I have never had a problem with weed since then.  I'm now a heavy abuser of protein shakes  :thumbup:.

--------------------
I spit reality, instead of what you usually learn
and I refuse to be concerned with condescending advice
cause I'm the only motherfucker that can change my life

OfflineHB
Male

Re: How to quit pot? [Re: PowerTrip]
    #4467438 - 07/29/05 02:48 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

i find that it's best to find different things to do while getting high if you can't stop ... doing the same thing over and over and not making an effort towards anything will only contribute to nothing happening ... stoned or not ..

InvisibleDoctorJ
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Frogger

Loc: space
    #4467625 - 07/29/05 03:48 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

get a big thick book and start reading it. Get a new video game. Rent some movies.

--------------------
peace, pot, and microdot!

OfflineHarryFlashmanVC
That BeastlyFlashy

Loc: Suffolk, England
    #4468336 - 07/29/05 11:24 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

DoctorJ said: get a big thick book and start reading it.

:thumbup:

I was in exactly the same position almost a year ago.  After a decade of daily smoking I quit.  I'd felt I wanted to for a while, then just cut it off.

I drank a lot of booze for a few weeks, now very little.  Get out and about.  Get reading.  Find some better escapism, one that suits you.

Offlineprefloppro
Last Call
    #4468609 - 07/29/05 12:57 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

well it sounds like you could benefit from some kratom and kava. Look on the internet for vendors of these great legal herbs. Kratom acts like an opium high. Just real chill, watch tv for hours. Kava is like a sedative in a way. Another great legal herb. I use both regularly since starting probation and it works for me.

Invisiblebudsicle
s?igh?tsee?r

Re: How to quit pot? [Re: prefloppro]
    #4468684 - 07/29/05 01:16 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

quittin pot can be hard cause its so harmless, your bored so ya just wanna go and smoke a little to kill time.. u just gotta quit even though it takes some mental discipline.
it was tricky when i quit daily smokin several years back but after a while u get used to being sober

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: How to quit pot? [Re: HB]
    #4469610 - 07/29/05 04:35 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

prefloppro said:
well it sounds like you could benefit from some kratom and kava. Look on the internet for vendors of these great legal herbs. Kratom acts like an opium high. Just real chill, watch tv for hours. Kava is like a sedative in a way. Another great legal herb. I use both regularly since starting probation and it works for me.

i have some kava but i read this stuff about possible liver damage and i'm worried that it shouldn't be used at all maybe any more than once a month.
Quote:

HB said:
i find that it's best to find different things to do while getting high if you can't stop ... doing the same thing over and over and not making an effort towards anything will only contribute to nothing happening ... stoned or not ..

this is so true. Last night I broke my vow, and I'm glad I did. What I've learned about pot is that it takes everything you know about being "high" (i.e. from all mental drugs you've done) and it sort of puts a nice compliation....

My Morning Glory experiences came back with the tokes (i didn't get too ripped) and I sat down and meditated and really just talked to myself for a long time (maybe upwards of 5 hours with the occasional re-toke) ... and I felt damn good.... I felt happy about who I was... and most importantly I actually meditated properly, I entered this split state that used to be so confusing on the morning glories and I just stayed there, zoning out but completely aware.... it seems like maybe I reached a glimpse of Zazen or something to that effect.... maybe even "stream consciousness" i was just kind of below my impulses and ego thoughts, I did not dwell upon them and they passed away, yet I was "me" on a much deeper level, devoid of what I would call normal thinking.

My face melted off and sparkled and I saw a kind of ugly looking yellow aura around my head (probably a cannabis aura?) so anyway.

I don't think I want to quit anymore, I just think I need to do it a lot less and try to be a lot more spiritual with it.

---------
it seems like my problem is more with just being sedentary and getting stuck in ruts than it is that I like to toke up.... but I hate more than anything having to go buy it.... it makes me paranoid and feel guilty having to score it off of dealers, even though I trust my contact moderately.

--------------------

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......

Edited by leery11 (07/29/05 04:38 PM)

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in
    #4469737 - 07/29/05 04:56 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

i agree... there's nothing wrong with ganja!
only thing that makes it bad is that it tends to be used TOO much...
and still you can live with it, some people get tired of it eventualy and then simply smoke less and only on certine situations.

i've stopped smoking weed about two weeks ago becouse of some espects of it that bothered me but i have a full intention to start smoking again when the time is right (i'm gonna move to high grade stuff and probably smoke only on my own...)

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: How to quit pot? [Re: Simisu]
    #4470247 - 07/29/05 06:44 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

the problem really is that when i come down and don't get back up when the desires to come back (since i've been doing it semi-daily) then i just end up coming down and feeling hazy and stuff.

it's not like it interferes with things too much if it's used just to chill, but it's when you're not chilling but want to that things get out of it.

--------------------

OfflineJabbawaya

#4470343 - 07/29/05 07:05 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

It's really a lot easier than you think, you're just making it hard on yourself. Don't look for alternate drugs to use. You're just avoiding the problem. With that kind of outlook, you'll be back smoking weed like before in no time. Real life doesn't have to consist of being high on something all the time. Sobriety is very rewarding, as you may find out if you try. It's really not that hard.

Try something like exercising, or meditation. Both are extremely beneficial if you make an honest effort.

Find other things to do to occupy yourself. There are other ways to have fun, you just need to go out and do things that are entertaining.

--------------------

Offlinekiss_the_sky03
human being
 User Gallery

Loc: where I want
Re: How to quit pot? [Re: Jabbawaya]
    #4581960 - 08/26/05 12:14 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

bud seems to affect people in different ways. i used to have clinical depression and actually tried to commit suicide, i also used to make horrible grades in school. i also began huffing 1-2 bottles of inhalents everyday. untill i met sweet mj, it changed my life for the better, instead of focusing on the negative aspects of life, i tend to find the good in things, i now value life so much, and i have stopped using inhalants(sounds like a pussy drug, but in fact it is the worst drug you could ever do). i also make a's and b's in school. i honestly can say marijuana saved my life.

OfflineNosferatuMan
Stranger
Re: How to quit pot? [Re: kiss_the_sky03]
    #4582845 - 08/26/05 03:13 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

If you want to quit, you need to get rid of the objects/people that will most likely cause you to relapse. Put all the bongs/pipes/lighters/whatever away somewhere you won't be able to see for awhile. I think that's definitely the hardest thing about stopping any drug; like when you see someone on TV have a cigarette or something, even that has that capacity to make me want to get a smoke.

OfflineThrasher420x
ΛηgΞl_?Γ_?eλŦħ
 User Gallery

#4582982 - 08/26/05 04:09 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

one of my friends got busted recently and had to under go insight and such so he had to quit and he took up smoking cigarettes. i would suggest like the others said reading a book, or going out side and doing something.

whenever i run out and i can get my mind of it i just grab my cd player throw in a mix and go hit up the skatepark.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds   Amazon DXM, Kava Kava, Morning Glory Seeds

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being