Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblemoog
Stranger

To seek oneness, you must first be one
    #4465589 - 07/28/05 07:49 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

If you're seeking to return to harmony and oneness with yourself and otherselves, you need to first seek harmony within yourself. Your mind is the microcosm of reality. Macrocosmic oneness can only come after "you" are one. Those familiar with Fourth Way teachings may remember the concept of the 'many I's' as taught by Gurdjieff and Ouspensky. The many I's are the dozens of different personalities or masks we put on throughout each day. For example, when you say "I am going to clean my apartment tomorrow" and the next day you say "I don't feel like cleaning," these are two different I's within you, with conflicting interests. As you reduce the number of personalities or I's down to one, you're closer to harmony within.

When you've reached one personality, you're one, although you're still wearing a mask that must eventually be discarded. Don't mistake the mask for your eternal awareness. Oneness without may be achieved after oneness within is achieved. However within and without are the same, and that's the point here. You may temporarily feel oneness through forced ego death (forced by psychoactive substance), or it may be achieved more gradually through effort.

There is only One. What's needed if you seek to return to One is to remove the separation and division. When you seek to become One within, the external harmonizes naturally as a mirror.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePuZuZu
Board Bum
 User Gallery

Loc: Idaho (USA)
Re: To seek oneness, you must first be one [Re: moog]
    #4465600 - 07/28/05 07:51 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

The many I's are the dozens of different personalities or masks we put on throughout each day. For example, when you say "I am going to clean my apartment tomorrow" and the next day you say "I don't feel like cleaning," these are two different I's within you, with conflicting interests. As you reduce the number of personalities or I's down to one, you are closer to harmony within.

Really relate to that. Been many I's alot this week. I'll try to get myself more 'centered' this next week since my summer courses are done with and give some feedback. Thanks man for the input.

--------------------
"If you worried about falling off the bike, you would never get on."
Lance Armstrong

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: To seek oneness, you must first be one [Re: PuZuZu]
    #4465615 - 07/28/05 07:54 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I've been feeling myself as "me" instead of "I" but the "me" is split into two people, my right and left hemisphere.

The I that mediates them is who "I" am....

I could call them anima/animus I guess. It seems like it would not be beneficial to lose them though, that they are the makeup of you.... that they need unity.... perhaps that is not the same "I" as just a shallow "surface life" I, such as what I identify myself as.... perhaps I going deeper than that... as I understand what you mean but have not really experienced it psychoactively.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Offlinedeff
lovelightbliss
 User Gallery

Loc: all this Flag
Re: To seek oneness, you must first be one [Re: leery11]
    #4465635 - 07/28/05 08:02 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Sounds good :smile:

I'd also say, to seek oneness STOP searching! It is the search that illudes us from our eternal location (destination) of unity! :cool:

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: To seek oneness, you must first be one [Re: deff]
    #4465993 - 07/28/05 09:25 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

but the search is also an affirmation that you care to/for all the selves involved.
and yes
just letting go helps for being there in the middle of the muchness that is searched for.

Offlinedeff
lovelightbliss
 User Gallery

Loc: all this Flag
Re: To seek oneness, you must first be one [Re: redgreenvines]
    #4466664 - 07/29/05 12:03 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

the search is the RE-lization of the destINation :laugh:

we're eternally there, blind then aware :cool:

it's like, we illude away from truth in order to perceive illusion, to break down illusion, to arrive back but KNOW the truth.

when you finish you will be back at the beginning, but you'll see it for the first time :wink:

all existence is merely a series of awakenings, delayed across infinity, to create total self awareness (and sel(f/ves) creation) :cool:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology