Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinenewmodel
The Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Around the 10,000 lakes.
A Day of Sadness
    #4464263 - 07/28/05 01:22 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

:frown: Confirmed count of 31 jars lost. All contaminated with a bluish bacteria. Pics are in my galley. What a sad day. Not sure how they became infected. We had an elite glove-box, everything was sterilized before use, during use, in-between use, etc. I Lysol-ed everything so much I couldn't;t even sleep in my room. Yet an entire tub was 3 different strains.....gone. 28 jars remain.  :smirk: I think something went wrong with the sterilizing process. In alot of the jars the verm became wet..probably allowed contams to come through. Next time I will use breathable tape instead of foil.  :frown:

Anyway I'm sure many of you know how I feel. Good luck to all of you.  :mushroom2: :sad:

:bitch:                                          :cryariver:

--------------------
A man that comes to the door is never quite the same man who went out.

Freedom is something that dies unless it's used

Edited by newmodel (07/28/05 01:23 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinethremix
Big Spender

Loc: Temple of Boom
Re: A Day of Sadness [Re: newmodel]
    #4464417 - 07/28/05 02:13 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Man I'm new. When I first started I when ALL out and cleaned my bathroom, with bleach and Lysol and all sorts of stuff. Well my jars are OK.

One day I had a 1pint jar and I decided to try some thing so I sat in front of my AC (on) I cleaned the lid with alcohol, I flame my needle and wipe it with alcohol and I inject 4 times.

I then put it in it's own little tub with no filter disk just the verm on top and wala!! it is almost colonized. So now I don't worry so much, just don't stir the air and wipe ever thing down with alcohol. Also your hands. I then maid my won jars and did the same as before and they are all still doing good (almost done) I hope I stay this lucky. 2 Contams to date. with myco bags.

but I have not done as many jars as you..WOW that's allot. I hope to maybe move up using 1/2 pints and Karo, Maybe that will speed things up. Sorry that yo lost so many jars, hope the rest do good my friend.

--------------------
http://www.gainesvilleps.org/

Dale Carnegie, once said that he never needed to know any thing about any thing because he knew EVERY thing. Any time he didn't know some thing, he asked, he asked his team, his friends, And most important he asked the person that would know the answer.

Offlinenewmodel
The Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Around the 10,000 lakes.
Re: A Day of Sadness [Re: thremix]
    #4465188 - 07/28/05 05:48 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks man. FUCK tinfoil. Another thing that sucks is that since I inoculated 4 times, 1, 2, or 3 of the inoculation points will be growing myc. and then one or two will be growing mold. And I can't save them.

--------------------
A man that comes to the door is never quite the same man who went out.

Freedom is something that dies unless it's used

OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

Loc: Nowhere
Re: A Day of Sadness [Re: newmodel]
    #4465849 - 07/28/05 08:55 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

It was probably all the water that got in that messed everything up. You might have tput too much water in the PC or had it on too high of a setting....

--------------------
"One attaineth whatever state of being one thinketh about at the last when relinquishing the body, being ever absorbed in the thought thereof." - Sri Krishna to Arjuna, Bhagavad Gita, viii, 6

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation