Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineRamuh
Finder of thesubbs

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Some interesting finds
    #4464096 - 07/28/05 12:21 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Still working on getting some ID info, but I thought these looked pretty cool and wanted to show em to all of ya :smile:.

If you really want to take a whack at ID before I get better idea at the other info such as bruising and prints and such, go for it. This is mainly just looking at the coolness though at the moment ^^. These were growing right at the edge of a tree base...dunno what kind of tree.

Many subbs, some amanita's maybe, and those have all been found today. Been a great huntin day, hope you all get the same luck! Id info should be up in a few hours Id say.

Oh, and you can see in the first picture that they are right very close to the mulch in a tree base.

--------------------
Radio is down for a day or two to transfer all my music, and do some other work.

"Light, coming from my mind. We are one, the night has just begun"

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineHuckleBones
Danger Bones

Re: Some interesting finds [Re: Ramuh]
    #4464194 - 07/28/05 12:56 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Get a picture of those subbs! I love subbs, they are so beautiful.

--------------------
Manitou

Invisiblemikonn
me

#4464317 - 07/28/05 01:42 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

nice pics. I'm gonna quess some sorta Psathyrella. Maybe Psathyrella candolleana. Would need more picks. Let us know when you have more info. Yeah, you should post some pics of the subbs in situ and out.

OfflineRamuh
Finder of thesubbs

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Re: Some interesting finds [Re: mikonn]
    #4464449 - 07/28/05 02:21 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Well I got some pics of the subbs, but randomly the pins on my USB connector for my camera got all messed up, and arent bending back :P. Bah. Maybe Ill have some up later after I get a new cord.

As for the mushrooms pictured above, I picked one of them and took it back at the time I made this post. Here is the data I have for it so far.

Sporeprint is a brown color. Not blackish dark brown, but a nice solid brown. Gills are close, dark tan / cinnamon / brownish kinda color. Similar to the print, except perhaps a bit duller. Attatched to stem. No real scent to them at all. They were found growing in the grass underneath and very near a tree. Not too sure what kind of tree. They were growing about 3-5 feet away from a slice of pizza (cheese pizza) that had one bite taken out of it (more than likely from a human, not sure what kinda of human). The caps are shown pretty well in the pics, and in the first one you can kinda see a slightly darker version of the sporeprints on the edges of some of the caps. Caps are around 2-3 inches across. Very obvious nipple as you can see. They seem to become more plane and slightly wavy when they get older.

I think that pizza nearby gives it away.

*edit - sorry, forgot about the stem. The stem was pretty much an off-white color. It was hollow, and didnt seem to bruise any color at all. When I picked it, it seemed to be a decently strong stem, as I couldnt get the base out, and only managed to snap the bottom part of the stem to get it out.

--------------------
Radio is down for a day or two to transfer all my music, and do some other work.

"Light, coming from my mind. We are one, the night has just begun"

Edited by Ramuh (07/28/05 02:25 PM)

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #4464719 - 07/28/05 03:39 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Good guess, mikonn.

Those do indeed closely resemble the common Psathyrella candolleana.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification