Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

Loc: Flag
Jamaica to Consider Decriminalization Bill
    #4463789 - 07/28/05 10:59 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Jamaica to Consider Decriminalization Bill
July 28, 2005 - drugpolicy.org

A Jamaican government official has announced that the country will consider a bill to reform its marijuana laws during the coming legislative session. Dr. Morais Guy, Chair of the Joint Select Committee of the Houses of Parliament on the National Commission on Ganja, made the announcement on a radio show this week in the wake of growing pressure in the form of newspaper articles, letters to the editor, and talk radio discussions demanding that the government take action. The bill, which would decriminalize marijuana for private use, was supposed to have been debated starting in early 2004 when the Joint Select Committee approved recommendations to move towards decriminalization.

The 2004 approval came after many reform advocates, including Alliance Executive Director Ethan Nadelmann, testified before the committee in support of a 2001 report by the National Commission on Ganja that recommended decriminalization of many marijuana-related offenses.

The Coalition for Ganja Law Reform in Jamaica is planning a strategy meeting at the end of August in preparation for the upcoming legislative session.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Loc: the sky
Re: Jamaica to Consider Decriminalization Bill [Re: veggie]
    #4463805 - 07/28/05 11:03 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Well...that just makes sense. :lol:

I love that they use the word "Ganja" in official documents.

Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service