Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Grow Light, Portable Greenhouse, Pressure Cooker, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleInnominate
Stranger
Male User Gallery

From start to finish.
    #4462313 - 07/28/05 01:11 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Ok guys, after looking through a few member threads about their harvests, I think I am ready to start growing. I decided I want one of those rectangular Rubber Maid things as my growing chamber (or whatever you guys like to call it.) I've been reading up on it for a while now, but I still don't think I can do it alone. Could I maybe get a list and ideas of what to use and how to start? I don't want to follow one guide exactly, instead I would like to have a lot of you advanced members to help me along and tell me what works best for YOU. Maybe I can sort of combine methods and see what would work best for ME. (I'm talking about how you start off, what materials you used, what nutrients you added, etc.) I am a bit anal so step by step procedures would be great, but like I said I don?t want to follow any guide, I would rather try something that a bunch of members suggested together.

Some problems I already face. I don't exactly have an understanding roommate, so this would need to be a sort of rogue grow. I have a fairly large room, but during parties and things people DO enter it. This can't look suspicious, and if you don't know a good way for me to keep this on the DL, maybe you can suggest a different method of growing? I have a closet that has clothes in it and 3 large garbage bags of water bottles (I was thinking maybe I could hide something under here?). Other than that my room is pretty open. I have a mini fridge, my bed, my computer, and my TV and dresser.

As for methods of growing, should I start out with those neat little bags? Jars maybe? Liquid culture? After that what should I move on to? And when I am ready to harvest how should I dry them?  I am willing to buy any supplies needed, just tell me what. Remember guys, I am a first time grower and I don't know all that much about this stuff, except what I've been reading for the last few months. Any help at all is appreciated, and won't go unnoticed. Great site, great community, thanks in advance.  :thumbup:

Edit- Nothing highly elaborate or advanced please. I don't want to have the bat cave in my bedroom  :tongue:

Edited by Innominate (07/28/05 01:16 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblememes
Blessed

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In a Tree
Re: From start to finish. [Re: Innominate]
    #4462340 - 07/28/05 01:18 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

a

Edited by memes (10/17/12 06:54 PM)

OfflineLiquid_Silver
Stranger

Re: From start to finish. [Re: memes]
    #4462414 - 07/28/05 01:33 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

You could do every thing in your closet. As for every thing ells. People will see.

you would need to hide
measuring cups&spoons, Pressure cooker, jars, Brown rice flower&verm, needles, gloves,face mask,Polly-fill or tyvek, tubs, and last but not least, you would need to keep your self under control. You will get exited with this hobby&will need to keep all of this to your self. PM me, if I can help any I will.

Mycology will open your eyes to a whole lot of things. Pf tek is the way to go, it's almost fail safe.

InvisibleInnominate
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: From start to finish. [Re: Liquid_Silver]
    #4465341 - 07/28/05 06:39 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

So should I get a heater or humidifier or any of those advanced things? Won't they make noise?

Offlineixitwistedixi
The TwIsTeD One

Re: From start to finish. [Re: Innominate]
    #4465467 - 07/28/05 07:07 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I keep 6 jars in a shoe box w/ a towel wrapped around it in a closet next to some shoes. I have a grow light on the box to raise temps. This may look a bit odd but, if its your room you should have no problem telling them to stay out of your closet. After the jars colonize you could probably take the light off and put them in a Rubbermaid bucket. But during the fruiting cycle you do need light...So I'm putting mine on a 12/12 light cycle when they are beginning to fruit. so I'm not sure what you'll do when that time comes. Id say just invoke your privacy and tell them to stay out of your closet.

Offlineaustio_ferocious
Amateurmycologist

Loc: a place I call my cave.
Re: From start to finish. [Re: ixitwistedixi]
    #4465557 - 07/28/05 07:40 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

The great thing about this hobby, is that it doesn't require acres of space and millions of lumens of light (like certain yummy plants we all love). Just a couple small containers and a night-lite will be sufficient if you do it right. I have been thinking of designing a system that would consist of different cardboard boxes, rigged inside (layered in plastic and fitted with my instruments)to produce the environment that is needed, and stacked (probably glued or taped together) so that any tubes or pipes between boxes are not really obvious, then I just have to worry about making sure I have places to access my chambers and instruments. I haven't even begun construction of this stealth greenhouse yet, but when I get something solid, I'll be sure to let everyone know. It seems the hardest thing to hide will be the fact that my storage boxes are plugged into the wall. The clothes in your closet should absord most of the noise caused by your CM or other instruments.

--------------------
ARAO corp. new non-profit org. seeking startup assistance to help disaster victims, homeless, and others in need. We are in need of; Volunteer assistance- CPA & Legal services. Donations- food, clothing, office supplies/electronics, land/structures (any where on the planet), cash for same, ect. PM me for details.
IF YOU DON'T DONATE HERE, PLEASE DO IT SOMEWHERE!!!

OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

Loc: Nowhere
Re: From start to finish. [Re: austio_ferocious]
    #4465606 - 07/28/05 07:52 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Get three rubbermaids. Two smaller ones for the TIT and one big one for the fruiting chamber. If you have them in your closet with "dirty" clothes on top, even if your closet door was open, it would not look suspicious. Just make sure the power lines to your fish tank heater and water pump (if you use one) aare covered up too.

--------------------
"One attaineth whatever state of being one thinketh about at the last when relinquishing the body, being ever absorbed in the thought thereof." - Sri Krishna to Arjuna, Bhagavad Gita, viii, 6

Invisiblememes
Blessed

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In a Tree
Re: From start to finish. [Re: Mighty Bop]
    #4466522 - 07/28/05 11:35 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

a

Edited by memes (10/17/12 06:54 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Grow Light, Portable Greenhouse, Pressure Cooker, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation