Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineTyrone_C
Stranger

The 10 gram challenge..
    #4462092 - 07/28/05 12:28 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Edit (again): Some people obviously aren't reading the whole thread, which is cool I guess, but I changed my mind a while back...no need to keep convincing me :smile:

Edit: OOPs...this isnt' about salvia...I must have messed up with the subcategory thing...if a mod can change it they would be my hero :smile:

Yeah I know...I write a lot, I can't help it. If you wanna skip past some semi-important stuff then go strait to the good stuff at paragraph 8 (including this one). Mind you you'd be doing me a nice favour by reading through who whole thing...and who knows...it might be interesting lol. Yeah, you don't have to tell me, 10 grams is A LOT of shrooms, even for someone experienced...but when it comes to proving a point, I do crazy things lol.

Ok, well first a little background on my friend. He's gonna seem like a guy who I shouldn't be friends with, but he is a good guy, I'm just talking about a few negitive things about him right now, because thats whats important for the point I'm making and the question I'm asking.

Basically, he thinks he knows everything about drugs. His older brother and his friends are huge druggies..like they'll do anything but heroin. Because of this, he thinks they know everything about what they do. An example of this is that eating more than two grams of shrooms at a time puts you at risk of ODing, and doing it too much will put holes in your stomach (my friends bro told me this RIGHT after I started tripping for the first time...nice guy lol).

Anyhow, he told me he knows this is a fact, because my other friend had a sezure (sp?) when he ate 4 grams. Now I'm gonna be honest, I have no clue why this was happened, but I know people who have eatin more than that, and I've read all over the internet (mostly here) that you can't OD unless you eat more than humanly possible.

I told my friend this, and he's like "Yeah well who with any experience would go post about it on the internet, there's no way a stoner would trip out, then post about it somewhere." Well oops, will yah look at that...he's talking to someone who does it lol, and I'm sure 95% if not more of the trip reports here and at erowid are legit.

I'm not gonna argue about that with him, but ODing on 4 grams...I've gotta challenge that. I told him it was bullshit, and he said something like this "Well if you eat 10 grams without puking, I'll buy the shrooms for you, but if you puke, you've gotta give me $100"

Ouch. 10 grams. Pretty intense, expecially if you've only tripped once, and tripped hella hard of 2 grams. Plus, he says if you puke, you've ODed. Yeah, more bullshit...but whatever. Even though I have a low tolerence, and I'm sure a lot of people here will think I'm crazy for even thinking about this, I really wanna show my friend up. I'm confident I can take anything shrooms throw at me. Yeah, I'm a rookie..but I really do. The only think I'm not to eager to take on is a bad trip, which may happen, but if it does, I'll be ready.

Now onto the important stuff. I didn't puke the first time I tripped (2 grams), but does the amount you eat affect the likelyhood of puking? I didn't feel like puking at all with 2 grams, but with 5 times that amount I don't know what could happen.

Also, what could I do to reduce the likelyhood of puking. Don't trip on an empty stomach? Drink a lot during the come up? Smoke a cigarette? Shroom the day before, to build up a tolerance or something? Or is 10 g's just pretty much an auto puke? lol. I really don't care about reducing my trip, if anything that would probably be good lol.

I know this whole thing sounds stupid, and it's not because I want a free trip, it's because I hate all these rumors and shit that go around about drugs. A lot of dealers where I live think this (they're associated with my friend), so by doing this I could possibly eliminate a rumour going around my entire town...thats why I'm doing it. It's not as simple as taking a snippet off the internet or something with people around here, they've got to see it to beleive it. I guess this is understandable, but it means I've gotta go through way more effort to prove my point lol.

The only surcumstance that I'll refrain from doing this is if it will actually effect my physical health, or if I really do have a good chance of puking if I do it, because that would do the opposite of what I'm trying to do, and cost me $100 at the same time. But I'd like to hear peoples oppinoins on this matter (even though I'm probably gonna hear that jumping from 2 to 10 grams is one of the dumbest things I could do lol). Thanks...and try to understand where I'm coming from.

Edited by Tyrone_C (08/08/05 01:42 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinecarl
Revolutionary
Re: The 10 gram challenge.. [Re: Tyrone_C]
    #4462204 - 07/28/05 12:52 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I would do it... but i have a lot more experience with higher doses. Maybe you should trip a few more times beforehand to get your bearings.

Invisibleno1joe
out of the loop for a while
 User Gallery
Re: The 10 gram challenge.. *DELETED* [Re: Tyrone_C]
    #4462212 - 07/28/05 12:53 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by no1joe

Reason for deletion: 1

Edited by gdman (07/28/05 12:59 AM)

InvisibleThumpaCap
Beer Taster

Loc: Shroomwhere Out There
Re: The 10 gram challenge.. [Re: no1joe]
    #4462222 - 07/28/05 12:55 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

:popcorn:

--------------------
:bongload: Look into my heyes !! :bongload:

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: The 10 gram challenge.. [Re: no1joe]
    #4462247 - 07/28/05 12:59 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

It's not going to physically hurt you, but I think this is a terrible idea. The difference between 2 grams and 10 grams, well it's even more different than night and day. Hell, I wouldn't even eat ten grams at once. You're fixing to bite off more than you can chew (no pun). Let them think what they want, this is unnecessary and unwise.

Not only that, but it's very disrespectful to the fungus, it needs respect.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Re: The 10 gram challenge.. [Re: gdman] * 1
    #4462273 - 07/28/05 01:02 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Not only that, but the look of a person tripping on that high a dose, what you might do, will probbaly freak your friends out and they might take you to the hospital... especilly if they think you can OD and die... this is a terrible idea.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Re: The 10 gram challenge.. [Re: gdman]
    #4462279 - 07/28/05 01:05 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

You have no idea man, don't do this...

to jump from 2 grams to 10 grams, I can't see this posibly turning out good

--------------------

OfflineTyrone_C
Stranger

#4462299 - 07/28/05 01:08 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

gdman said:
It's not going to physically hurt you, but I think this is a terrible idea. The difference between 2 grams and 10 grams, well it's even more different than night and day. Hell, I wouldn't even eat ten grams at once. You're fixing to bite off more than you can chew (no pun). Let them think what they want, this is unnecessary and unwise.

Not only that, but it's very disrespectful to the fungus, it needs respect.

Alright, I figured I wasn't being disrespectful because I was trying to clear up things that weren't true. But I've got respect for shrooms, after the experience I had I don't think you couldn't have respect. You seem to know what your talking about, and although I really don't see it from your perspective, I'll have to agree because I'm really not that experienced. I just wanna clear things up in my town, and even though I honestly think I can handle it, I don't wanna be disrespectful to the shrooms :mushroom2:.

I know 2 grams doesn't sound like a lot, but if you haven't read the trip I had check it out (I'll link it in a sec), after that, I feel like I'm ready for anything. But if it's disrespectful, I won't...

And to whoever called me an idiot..I'm not gonna start nothin..but just back off man...

InvisiblelIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Airfox

Loc: Texas
    #4462308 - 07/28/05 01:09 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I have taken 8 grams, then another 4 grams just before the peak for a 12 gram total. I did not get sick or suffer any negative side effects.

The important thing is to plan things out (at least one day in advance) and to create an atmosphere where you feel perfectly happy and safe. And drink lots of water. BUT ESPECIALLY HAVE AN EXPERIENCED SITTER YOU CAN TRUST!!! A good sitter is very important for the safe and happy environment your need to have.

That mushrooms could burn a hole in your stomach seems pretty far fetched to me. I think your friend is just taking urban myths and shit like that too seriously. He also seems like a person you wouldn?t really want to trip with (at least I wouldn?t).

Anyway happy tripping dude. :flowerchild:

OfflineTyrone_C
Stranger

#4462314 - 07/28/05 01:11 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Alright man I trust you...I won't. I have respect for people more experienced then me, so I'll take your word.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rue#Post4401838

Check that out if you wanna see what 2 grams did to me lol.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

#4462316 - 07/28/05 01:12 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Trust me dude, no matter how much you triped on two grams, it would be magnified 1000 times, if you thought it couldn't get more intense... it does... frankly I don't see eating a mega dose you're not ready for clearing up anything with these people, might just make it worse with them.

I would like to read your report though.

--------------------

OfflineLife_of_a_Cell
a biotic unit
Male User Gallery

#4462334 - 07/28/05 01:17 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

The person who challeneged you to eat 10 grams seems to have little or no concern with your mental or physical health. Whether or not you end up vomitting would be a footnote to a trip like that. And unless you want some mild post-traumatic stress disorder from people thinking it would be funny to mess with the tripper, you probably shouldn't hang around kids like you've described, at least during your trip.

Here's an anecdote that might be similar in progression to the experience you're contemplating. In January '04 I had the opportunity to eat 7 grams at a friend's house party, and went for it. Physical discomfort was minimal, and the complex, intricate closed-eye visuals seemed to be symbolic of a spirituality inherent to human nature. Then I had a solid eight hour comedown thinking I had irreversibly alienated myself from friends and family, that I would never be able to get back to baseline, and that I'd been going down a path in life that I could never reverse or change direction.

Now this came after some preperation; 8th doses of cubensis and two months of repeated, unmeasured LSD trips. At that point I was still unprepared for what a quad of shrooms would do to my head, and today I'd still be skeptical of a dose that size.

So go for it if you want, but ego-death and deep introspection are pretty much given when you take that much, and you'd have to be very involved in the directions your mental patterns in order to avoid a BAD trip.

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Loc: new england
    #4462335 - 07/28/05 01:17 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Tyrone_C said:
I honestly think I can handle it

you can't handle it though. no one without much much more experience than us can. you say you know what you're getting yourself into, but you don't. 3.5 grams is more than twice as intense as 2 grams. the intensity of the trip goes up exponentially. which means that you're not going to trip 5 times as hard as your first trip, it'll be much harder than that. you'll go some place you never thought existed.

hey, do what you want though. you'll be guarranteed to learn a valuable lesson.

--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

OfflineTyrone_C
Stranger

Re: The 10 gram challenge.. [Re: lIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl]
    #4462342 - 07/28/05 01:18 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

adjust said:
I have taken 8 grams, then another 4 grams just before the peak for a 12 gram total. I did not get sick or suffer any negative side effects.

The important thing is to plan things out (at least one day in advance) and to create an atmosphere where you feel perfectly happy and safe. And drink lots of water. BUT ESPECIALLY HAVE AN EXPERIENCED SITTER YOU CAN TRUST!!!

That mushrooms could burn a hole in your stomach seems pretty far fetched to me. I think your friend is just taking urban myths and shit like that too seriously. He also seems like a person you wouldn?t really want to trip with (at least I wouldn?t).

Anyway happy tripping dude. :flowerchild:

Alright thanks for the tip, but your probably more experienced than me, so you'd be able to handle it better. And yeah I know the whole hole in your stomach thing is bullshit, that was the point of me wanting to do this in the first place :smirk:.

And gdman...magnified by 1000 times?? Well I don't sound stupid for wanting to go that far when I'm ready right? Because your right, I couldn't imagine anything more intense then what happened to me, I know it's out there, but I couldn't imagine it. You don't know how happy I am to hear that it can go so much further than that :grin:. But don't worry...I'm a patient guy, I'd rather progress in years then months.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

#4462352 - 07/28/05 01:20 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Good report, your friends sound like real assholes, I'd definitely smack them around after, being the center of attention for a bunch of non-tripping people and having them fuck with you is terrible.

There really is no reason to eat so many mushrooms, I'd stick to about four grams. I'd also look for something else to do, be alone or with one other tripper, listen to good music through headphones, etc.

--------------------

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Re: The 10 gram challenge.. [Re: nightkrawler]
    #4462366 - 07/28/05 01:23 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Seriously, I've seen 3.5 grams kick the asses of very experienced trippers. Psychedelics are incredible, gifts to mankind, but they are not toys.

--------------------

OfflineTyrone_C
Stranger

#4462399 - 07/28/05 01:30 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

gdman said:
Good report, your friends sound like real assholes, I'd definitely smack them around after, being the center of attention for a bunch of non-tripping people and having them fuck with you is terrible.

There really is no reason to eat so many mushrooms, I'd stick to about four grams. I'd also look for something else to do, be alone or with one other tripper, listen to good music through headphones, etc.

Yeah people keep sayin that about my friends :frown:. They were just doing it in good fun and I'm sure if I had have told them to stop they would have. And it was my decision to be the only one tripping, and trust me...by the way I was acting I'm surprised they weren't watching me more lol. To be honest I think it added to the trip, they did other stuff too that I guess I forgot to add, but it was probably just as entertaining for me as it was to them :tongue:.

And what your saying is you don't reccomend tripping huge? Not even with lots of expereince? I'm a curiouse guy, once I get to a point I'll always want to know what the next level is. I know thats probably a bad thing, but it's just the way I am. Maybe when I get to 4 grams I'll feel it's time to stop though, who knows.

And I'm quite looking forward to tripping alone by the way, hopefully I'll be able to learn something about myself, which is something I didn't get out of my first trip.

OfflineTyrone_C
Stranger

#4462409 - 07/28/05 01:32 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

gdman said:
Seriously, I've seen 3.5 grams kick the asses of very experienced trippers. Psychedelics are incredible, gifts to mankind, but they are not toys.

Maybe I should stop talking about my plans for tripping in the far future then...because I'm probably not knowledgeable enough to talk about it untill I get there.

OfflineDicer
underconstruction
    #4462417 - 07/28/05 01:34 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Tyrone_C said:
The only think I'm not to eager to take on is a bad trip, which may happen, but if it does, I'll be ready.

Never think you're ready for a bad trip.

When I first tried shrooms I had no idea how many to take, but like an idiot I ate a rediculous amount. I'd done lots of acid, had strong trips, bad trips etc and thought I could handle anything. I ended up curled up on the floor like a vegetable stuck in a 5 second brain loop, repeating the same thought over and over again. I was aware of existing as something trapped in insanity that would never end, made worse by time distortions that can make it feel alot longer than it actually is. It was terrifying and there was no way to break it with such a high amount.

--------------------
Every chance that you get, is a chance you seize.

InvisiblelIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Airfox

Loc: Texas
    #4462421 - 07/28/05 01:35 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Tyrone_C said:
Alright thanks for the tip, but your probably more experienced than me, so you'd be able to handle it better. And yeah I know the whole hole in your stomach thing is bullshit, that was the point of me wanting to do this in the first place :smirk:.

Just like a rollercoaster, some people end up puking and hating it, while others do okay. You will need more experience before you try for 10 grams, but that is just my opinion. It also depends on your own psyche and what kind of person you are.

It was on the 8+4 gram trip that I experienced my only ego death trip. This was an intensely beautiful and spiritual mind fuck that has changed me PERMANTENTLY. But these changes were good changes.

Now imagine if you had a bad trip at such a high dose.

If you are taking a heroic dose because someone double dared you to, that is a BIG mistake. Who knows, you may be ready for it... but what's the rush? The problem is we don't know you here so we tend to give conservative estimates on what you should or shouldn't take.

Anyways I wish you the best of luck, and I'm sending good vibes to you!

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience