Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblespud
I'm so fly.

Conspiracy Theories You Believe In
    #4461066 - 07/27/05 07:45 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

So, what conspiracy do you fancy? I want to hear all that you believe in.

Anything from JFK to MLK to David Ickes.

If you believe it, post it.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineStrandedVoyager
The People's Champ
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: (202)-456-1414 Call Me
Re: Conspiracy Theories You Believe In [Re: spud]
    #4461079 - 07/27/05 07:49 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

The Driver did it.

Bush or some American element was behind the towers.

The CIA is a large player in the drug trade.

The war on terror is a joke.

--------------------
Hi  :scrambled:

My god... it's full of stars...

Invisiblespud
I'm so fly.

Re: Conspiracy Theories You Believe In [Re: StrandedVoyager]
    #4461088 - 07/27/05 07:53 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

PhatWhitey420 said:

The CIA is a large player in the drug trade.

The war on terror is a joke.

Are these even considered conspiracies?

Journalist Gary Webb wrote a series of exposes for the San Jose Mercury News in which he uncovered a massive CIA operation that allowed Central American narcotics traffickers to import crack cocaine to US cities in the 1980s.

Internal government investigations supported Webb's reporting.

The war on terror having alternative motives is also pretty much common knowledge.

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
    #4461122 - 07/27/05 08:02 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

The division of people into the two false categories of "liberal" and "conservative".

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4461130 - 07/27/05 08:04 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

The Oklahoma City Bombing consisted of more than a truck full of fertilizer.

Yitzhak Rabin was killed by someone other than a student.

InvisibleGijith
Daisy Chain Eater

Loc: New York
    #4461173 - 07/27/05 08:24 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

The only one I've bothered to look into is JFK.

I think there were multiple shooters, with Oswald being one of them.

--------------------
what's with neocons and the word 'ilk'?

Offlinemantra
the universe
Loc: No 3rd Dimension Location
Re: Conspiracy Theories You Believe In [Re: Gijith]
    #4461182 - 07/27/05 08:29 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

jfk assassination
911 orchestrated by government
oklahoma, 3 bombs inside, truck outside
david ickes higher dimensional controllers

cant htink of any else

--------------------
The creative principle unifies the inner and external worlds. It does not depend on time or space, is ever still and yet in motion; thereby it creates all things, and is therefore called 'the creative and the absolute'; its ebb and its flow extend to infinity. -Tao Te Ching

OfflineBleaK
paradox
Re: Conspiracy Theories You Believe In [Re: mantra]
    #4461192 - 07/27/05 08:32 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

i cant remember where i heard this metaphor.
it was a storey about a murder that happend on a train or something.
1 victim with 12 gunshot wounds (or stab wounds?)
there were also 12 suspects, all with a motive.
long storey short, they all shot him.

--------------------
"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

OfflineJ4S0N
human
 User Gallery

#4461351 - 07/27/05 09:18 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Maybe we should define the word conspiracy.

con?spir?a?cy

1. An agreement to perform together an illegal, wrongful, or subversive act.
2. A group of conspirators.
3. Law. An agreement between two or more persons to commit a crime or accomplish a legal purpose through illegal action.
4. A joining or acting together, as if by sinister design

So basically anyone who beleives the official story of 9/11, or the unofficial story is still believing in a conspiracy. The only difference is who is involved. Conspiracies go on everyday, by people all over the world. I don't understand how the word has changed its meaning for so many people.

Anything that comes from 'un-official' sources is considered a conspiracy theory these days.. doesn't make much sense to me

--------------------
"The Central Intelligence Agency owns everyone of any significance in the major media." ~ William Colby, Former Director, CIA

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #4461427 - 07/27/05 09:33 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

North Dakota doesn't really exist. It's a conspiracy by the government to get more votes.

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Conspiracy Theories You Believe In [Re: J4S0N]
    #4461676 - 07/27/05 10:46 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Anything that comes from 'un-official' sources is considered a conspiracy theory these days.. doesn't make much sense to me

No, anything that is based on pure speculation instead of reporting on actual events is a conspiracy theory.

I heard a pretty good argument claiming that Pearl Harbor was expected, but I'd have to look into that one again. It might be kind of fishy.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Conspiracy Theories You Believe In [Re: Phluck]
    #4461757 - 07/27/05 11:10 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Some conspiracy theories have some pretty god evidence on them. Usually I'm not one for nutjob theories, but the OKC Bombing one is interesting, if nothing more

Offlinefaslimy
Dead Man
 User Gallery
Re: Conspiracy Theories You Believe In [Re: Redstorm]
    #4461822 - 07/27/05 11:27 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Here is a good conspiracy theory for people who like debunking them to take a look at. Unfortunatly evidence and proof take up a lot of disk space..

http://www.torrentreactor.to/torrents/view_56403

Some things I want to clarify.. they may be obvious for some of you

Not every conspiracy theory is true
Not every conspiracy theory is bullshit
Not every official story is true
Not every official story is bullshit

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #4461842 - 07/27/05 11:34 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I don't really believe any conspiracy theories, but I'll consider them all.

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

OfflineJesusChrist
Son Of God
Re: Conspiracy Theories You Believe In [Re: Phluck]
    #4461886 - 07/27/05 11:43 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Phluck said:

I heard a pretty good argument claiming that Pearl Harbor was expected, but I'd have to look into that one again. It might be kind of fishy.

We had already broken the Japanese code. We knew that they were going to attack. We were provoking them anyway with the oil blockade. All the carriers were out to sea that day, and the Admirals were golfing while those sitting ducks slept on the Arizona and other ships.

FDR wanted in the war badly. The United States had already been drafting people for a year before Pearl Harbor. His New Deal economic policies had been an abject failure, and he needed the War.

I also tend to believe that our involvement in World War 1 had a lot to do with J.P. Morgan and other industrialists lending too much money to the French and English. They would lend them money so that they could turn around and buy war armaments from the same industrialists. When things were going badly it looked like a lot of money was going to get lost, so they pushed the buttons behind the scenes and got us into a war that we could have easily avoided.

--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

Edited by JesusChrist (07/27/05 11:51 PM)

Offlineiambobby
I am what I am
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
Re: Conspiracy Theories You Believe In [Re: faslimy]
    #4461970 - 07/27/05 11:59 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Most authorities in the world get themselves more power over the populous through fear. When you look at all major events like Twin Tower attacks you can see that what happens is more control structures come into play. All of a sudden a bill is passed e.g Homeland security act where they are allowed to arrest anybody without needing to go through the regular policies. Because people are scared they allow the government to take 'extra security measures' such as phone tapping, email recording etc. When people are in a state of contentment and peace they are in a position of power and do not allow people to bully them around.

This is not a conspiracy. This is factual of how the world operates today. When you breakdown the human brain there is 3 main sections. 1 is for creative thinking (known as: "The Cerebrum" or "Neocortex"). 1 is for rational thinking (known as: "old mammalian brain" or "limbic brain" or "The Cerebellum"). 1 is for survival thinking (knows as: brain stem or the reptillian brain or "R complex").

The more evolved parts of our brain are responsible for all the cool shit we've created in the world. Stuff like compassion for life comes from the neocortex. When we are in the highest part of our brain it is very difficult to thing angry thoughts. When our survival is threatened however, our reptillian brain overrides whatever spiritual stuff we have going on and will ignore rational thoughts and higher ideals.

The war on terror is a way of keeping people in this state of fear so that the common person will surrender his rights and higher purpose of love and unity on this planet.

All physical manifestations are born from mythology. Beyond the physical realm all possibilities exist. For this reason, virtually all conspiracies are real. Our reptillian brain seeks a mythological god that has a power over it. Because the reptillian brain operates on a dimension of power, fear, control etc, it makes sense that we summon mythological gods to represent this e.g Dragons, Supersnakes, Reptillian Cults etc. Why? Because these things are the most feared icons we could possible imagine. They are beyond the laws. They are fearless. They are in control.

Because we live in a reality where infinity exists all myths are actually true. Everything that has form in the physical was infact birthed from the 'other' dimension. When I say 'other', I mean everything other than this fixed 3D reality we are in.

What is happening is we live on earth where pretty much every possible myth desires to take form. This is why we feel energies trying to influence us from above. This is why we feel we are being controlled. As a human being you have the almighty choice as to what influences will be birthed within this only fixed reality.

If you can imagine, physical reality seems quite solid and fixed. Of course, it is not and a good enough dose of anything(meditation to mushrooms) will show you this. But compared to the higher non physical dimensions earth is soooooooooo attractive. Earth is like this big giant soup and all the ingredients that make up our reality is the infinity beyond the physical realm. As we approach 2012 the soup is setting and what will be our reality beyond that point is the final combination. Its closing point. The world is not ending. The world is fixing itself.

If you understand that the whole universe is eternal then the whole expansion and contracting of the universe is like a heartbeat. This reality we are in now is just one heart beat. Perhaps in the last heartbeat, say a trillion years ago, the physical reality that fixed itself was a vampire reality. Perhaps Lord of the rings was reality a couple of heartbeats ago. Basically, everything has happened before. Its all true. Its all possible.

Now - what are you going to focus upon and make real this time around, God?

--------------------
Yesterday, the world was flat. Today, the world is a round ball. Tomorrow? The world will not be defined so easily with words...

Offlinefaslimy
Dead Man
 User Gallery
Re: Conspiracy Theories You Believe In [Re: iambobby]
    #4461984 - 07/28/05 12:02 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #4461994 - 07/28/05 12:04 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I believe the government has a much bigger hand in the black market than most anyone suspects. I'd be willing to bet money on it that to this day they are receiving unregulated funds from black market drugs, which is only one of the many reasons they are so starkly against legalization.

This isn't necessarily a conspiracy theory either; look at the Reagan administration and cocaine, and you'll see how easy it is for them to exploit black market drugs for personal profit.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #4462012 - 07/28/05 12:09 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

iambobby said:
Most authorities in the world get themselves more power over the populous through fear. When you look at all major events like Twin Tower attacks you can see that what happens is more control structures come into play. All of a sudden a bill is passed e.g Homeland security act where they are allowed to arrest anybody without needing to go through the regular policies. Because people are scared they allow the government to take 'extra security measures' such as phone tapping, email recording etc. When people are in a state of contentment and peace they are in a position of power and do not allow people to bully them around.

This is not a conspiracy. This is factual of how the world operates today. When you breakdown the human brain there is 3 main sections. 1 is for creative thinking (known as: "The Cerebrum" or "Neocortex"). 1 is for rational thinking (known as: "old mammalian brain" or "limbic brain" or "The Cerebellum"). 1 is for survival thinking (knows as: brain stem or the reptillian brain or "R complex").

The more evolved parts of our brain are responsible for all the cool shit we've created in the world. Stuff like compassion for life comes from the neocortex. When we are in the highest part of our brain it is very difficult to thing angry thoughts. When our survival is threatened however, our reptillian brain overrides whatever spiritual stuff we have going on and will ignore rational thoughts and higher ideals.

The war on terror is a way of keeping people in this state of fear so that the common person will surrender his rights and higher purpose of love and unity on this planet.

All physical manifestations are born from mythology. Beyond the physical realm all possibilities exist. For this reason, virtually all conspiracies are real. Our reptillian brain seeks a mythological god that has a power over it. Because the reptillian brain operates on a dimension of power, fear, control etc, it makes sense that we summon mythological gods to represent this e.g Dragons, Supersnakes, Reptillian Cults etc. Why? Because these things are the most feared icons we could possible imagine. They are beyond the laws. They are fearless. They are in control.

Because we live in a reality where infinity exists all myths are actually true. Everything that has form in the physical was infact birthed from the 'other' dimension. When I say 'other', I mean everything other than this fixed 3D reality we are in.

What is happening is we live on earth where pretty much every possible myth desires to take form. This is why we feel energies trying to influence us from above. This is why we feel we are being controlled. As a human being you have the almighty choice as to what influences will be birthed within this only fixed reality.

If you can imagine, physical reality seems quite solid and fixed. Of course, it is not and a good enough dose of anything(meditation to mushrooms) will show you this. But compared to the higher non physical dimensions earth is soooooooooo attractive. Earth is like this big giant soup and all the ingredients that make up our reality is the infinity beyond the physical realm. As we approach 2012 the soup is setting and what will be our reality beyond that point is the final combination. Its closing point. The world is not ending. The world is fixing itself.

If you understand that the whole universe is eternal then the whole expansion and contracting of the universe is like a heartbeat. This reality we are in now is just one heart beat. Perhaps in the last heartbeat, say a trillion years ago, the physical reality that fixed itself was a vampire reality. Perhaps Lord of the rings was reality a couple of heartbeats ago. Basically, everything has happened before. Its all true. Its all possible.

Now - what are you going to focus upon and make real this time around, God?

Wow.. That's the best post I've read in quite awhile.  :yourock:

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Offlineiambobby
I am what I am
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
    #4462037 - 07/28/05 12:16 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

We actually need an arch enemy and in this heartbeat it seems to be government. If you look at any great myth there is always a good and a bad. It is this duality and this conflict that makes life good. We never actually destroy the so called bad because we need it in order to keep us striving for what we want. It is only because of the limitations we are faced with we drive for our higher ideals.

What we have now is a few at the top who are controlling the masses. What we desire is to experience unity and oneness and beauty and ease. The only way we could truly learn this is through experiencing the opposite of this first.

Here we are now, chatting on a forum and thinking of ways we can lift our power as people.

Have you heard that technology is here to save us? Just imagine the level of fear you would have if the internet didn't exist today to connect you with like minded people. Just imagine if the infrastructure wasn't in place to allow the average person to be heard to the masses.

It is only possible in this day and age for an average person like me to rise up and possibly challenge the current world leaders. I would never be elected to possibly lead a country by going through the standard system. However now with the internet, it is possible to rally up support without even touching the current system.

I could possibly send a mass email to the majority of people in my country proposing a new way to live our lives. If what I was offering was good and wholesome and the people wanted it, we could decide to make a concerted effort to opt out of things overnight.

What happens when all of a sudden, nobody goes to work anymore? when nobody pays taxes? The government would probably shut off the water supply. But then the people would realise just how fucked up the government is and that they don't have the best interest of everybody at heart. When this happens, I would hate to be anybody in authority because you will just simply get taken out by the masses.

--------------------
Yesterday, the world was flat. Today, the world is a round ball. Tomorrow? The world will not be defined so easily with words...

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Political Discussion