Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineSmallworlds
Trippin' fool -Merry Prankster

Congress to repeal presidential term limits to allow Bush to seek third term..
    #4460498 - 07/27/05 02:50 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

...do you think he might try that shit?

--------------------
Through the excercise of patience, one may learn humility..

Smoke plenty of green, and eat fungus!!!!
:peace::heart::slomo::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::slomo:

Trip Report

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblenewuser1492
Re: Congress to repeal presidential term limits to allow Bush to seek third term.. [Re: Smallworlds]
    #4460505 - 07/27/05 02:52 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Yes but only in his seventh year under the guise of an impending threat.

OfflineStrandedVoyager
The People's Champ
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: (202)-456-1414 Call Me
Re: Congress to repeal presidential term limits to allow Bush to seek third term.. [Re: Smallworlds]
    #4460509 - 07/27/05 02:54 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Bullshit... there will be fucking riots if they pull that. They'll just do what they always do. As soon as their current boy's time is up, they'll put a another ignorant, inept, sterile, idiot cracker in office

We've tolerated a lot just because the cracksmoking crackers in office haven't tried anything too over the top, but if this happened... I'd be surprised if Bush lived a month.

By the way, your title was cute.

--------------------
Hi  :scrambled:

My god... it's full of stars...

OfflineSmallworlds

Re: Congress to repeal presidential term limits to allow Bush to seek third term.. [Re: newuser1492]
    #4460518 - 07/27/05 02:56 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Either that or they have somebody picked out to replace him.

That worries me....

Sinister and stupid is bad enough, sinister and intelligent could be total disaster.

--------------------

Trip Report

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
    #4460524 - 07/27/05 02:57 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

HAIL HILLARY, PRESIDENT FOR LIFE!
Dems Seek to Repeal Presidential Term Limit

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c109:H.J.RES.24:

Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to repeal the 22nd amendment to the Constitution. (Introduced in House)

HJ 24 IH

109th CONGRESS

1st Session

H. J. RES. 24
Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to repeal the 22nd amendment to the Constitution.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

February 17, 2005
Mr. HOYER (for himself, Mr. BERMAN, Mr. SENSENBRENNER, Mr. SABO, and Mr. PALLONE) introduced the following joint resolution; which was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary

JOINT RESOLUTION
Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to repeal the 22nd amendment to the Constitution.

Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled (two-thirds of each House concurring therein), That the following article is proposed as an amendment to the Constitution of the United States, which shall be valid to all intents and purposes as part of the Constitution when ratified by the legislatures of three-fourths of the several States within seven years after the date of its submission for ratification:

`Article --

`The twenty-second article of amendment to the Constitution of the United States is repealed.'.

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

Re: Congress to repeal presidential term limits to allow Bush to seek third term.. [Re: StrandedVoyager]
    #4460531 - 07/27/05 02:59 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

phatwhitey are you a cracker?

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

OfflineStrandedVoyager
The People's Champ
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Congress to repeal presidential term limits to allow Bush to seek third term.. [Re: lonestar2004]
    #4460535 - 07/27/05 03:00 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Indeed I am white, but I'm not from Texas, I didn't go to Harvard, and I'm not a fucking moron that thinks that Marijuana is the new crack epidemic.

--------------------

Edited by PhatWhitey420 (07/27/05 03:01 PM)

OfflineSmallworlds

Re: Congress to repeal presidential term limits to allow Bush to seek third term.. [Re: StrandedVoyager]
    #4460556 - 07/27/05 03:06 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

PhatWhitey420 said:
Bullshit... there will be fucking riots if they pull that. They'll just do what they always do. As soon as their current boy's time is up, they'll put a another ignorant, inept, sterile, idiot cracker in office

We've tolerated a lot just because the cracksmoking crackers in office haven't tried anything too over the top, but if this happened... I'd be surprised if Bush lived a month.

Thanks, I feel like climbing a tree and chucking water balloons at Starbuck's exiting patrons..

..but really, so far you've got an illegal war, a Spiderman inflatable American government in Iraq, threats made to destroy filibusters, you name it...

I KNOW they've thought about it, and they are only willing to fuck us as hard as they can without shocking us.

Changes being made to any environment are best made gradually to avoid shock, however, the more fearful the people are, the faster, and more harsh changes can be made.

--------------------

Trip Report

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

#4460557 - 07/27/05 03:07 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

People would be surprised of how many cool crackers live in Texas. the capital (Austin) is a big liberal party town.

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

OfflineStrandedVoyager
The People's Champ
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Congress to repeal presidential term limits to allow Bush to seek third term.. [Re: lonestar2004]
    #4460563 - 07/27/05 03:09 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Lol... if there's a difference between "Niggers" and "Black People" ala Chris Rock there should be a difference between "Crackers" and "White People". I should be able to separate myself from the people who are giving my race a bad reputation.

Hank Hill seems pretty cool :smile: Seriously, I love King of the Hill.

But back on topic, how scared are Americans? I think all the things we've experienced as Americans have been small changes with large implications that do not directly affect you or I in our daily lives. There's little inconveniences of course but we're still driving our SUVs and running up our credit cards so all is well. However, if the term limit was repealed that would be a huge change with huge implications and I really don't think Americans even in their gluttonous selfish stupidity would stand for that.

--------------------

Edited by PhatWhitey420 (07/27/05 03:13 PM)

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

#4460611 - 07/27/05 03:26 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

you are right (it wont happen)

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

#4460748 - 07/27/05 04:14 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Smallworlds said:
Quote:

PhatWhitey420 said:

Thanks, I feel like climbing a tree and chucking water balloons at Starbuck's exiting patrons..

..but really, so far you've got an illegal war, a Spiderman inflatable American government in Iraq, threats made to destroy filibusters, you name it...

I KNOW they've thought about it, and they are only willing to fuck us as hard as they can without shocking us.

Changes being made to any environment are best made gradually to avoid shock, however, the more fearful the people are, the faster, and more harsh changes can be made.

Dude, Frappucinos are the shit. Hit me with a balloon and I'll take your nuts.

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Invisibletrick

Loc: unknown
    #4460811 - 07/27/05 04:34 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

PhatWhitey420 said:

There won't be riots if people don't hear about it. Ponder on that. The majority of Americans don't care about their rights. Have you not heard people testify that they would definitely give up civil liberties for the "war on 'terror'?" In a plutocracy with jingoistic characteristics you're going to hard-pressed to find people who are even aware of these pending changes. And why should they worry? In this representative democracy people elect others to office so they don't have to worry. Even some policy makers are seeking to make it legal for foreigners (Arnold Schwartzanegger) to run for presidential office. Trust me, outrageous things have been passed without much public notice and it can happen again. Remember who controls the media and the "public mind."
Makes me think of a quote...

"It is written in the last days: a world leader will rise up, rebuild Solomon's temple, and usher in three and a half years of world peace under a new Roman empire."

"Then posessed by Satan, he'll declare himself God and embark on a reign of terror until the lord comes and destroys him. The final battle between heaven and hell approaches."

OfflineStrandedVoyager
The People's Champ
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Congress to repeal presidential term limits to allow Bush to seek third term.. [Re: trick]
    #4460844 - 07/27/05 04:45 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

So you're telling me that with the paranoid left and all the watch groups that a monumental change of this size would go by unnoticed and unchallenged? No one would suddenly wonder why Bush is running for a third term? Everyone would merrily wander along despite all the hatred towards Bush in this country? Suddenly it's all kosher?

What nursery rhyme book is that from?

--------------------

Invisibletrick

Loc: unknown
    #4460964 - 07/27/05 05:19 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

PhatWhitey420 said:
So you're telling me that with the paranoid left and all the watch groups that a monumental change of this size would go by unnoticed and unchallenged? No one would suddenly wonder why Bush is running for a third term? Everyone would merrily wander along despite all the hatred towards Bush in this country? Suddenly it's all kosher?

What nursery rhyme book is that from?

Maybe I misunderstood your premise. I thought you were using riot in a literal since. Maybe you were using it in a "liberal" sense. Signs, picket lines, and Michael Moore-ites will whitewash this change. Of course it will not go completely unnoticed for we are already discussing the topic. But the actual acknowledgement by the public will be extremely low. It doesn't matter how many whiney liberals hate Bush or how many fascist conservatives support him, it's about those who pull the strings and the people certainly don't. So until I see signs replaced by rifles and rallies replaced by battles, It's safe to say the public won't be able to do much.

That quote is from a movie named "The Omega Code"

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #4460995 - 07/27/05 05:28 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

No way in hell will this happen... just so we can have ONE guy for FOUR more years. Neither side would bennefit beyond the extreme short term.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleGijith
Daisy Chain Eater

Loc: New York
    #4461006 - 07/27/05 05:31 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I've had it up to here with FoxNews/Tabloid thread titles!

--------------------
what's with neocons and the word 'ilk'?

Offlinefaslimy
Dead Man
 User Gallery
Re: Congress to repeal presidential term limits to allow Bush to seek third term.. [Re: Gijith]
    #4461015 - 07/27/05 05:32 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Arnie is going to muscle in for 2008, and he loves war and fighting.

OfflineBCBudJohn
Foolhardy

Loc: Victoria, BC, Canada
Re: Congress to repeal presidential term limits to allow Bush to seek third term.. [Re: Rose]
    #4461029 - 07/27/05 05:35 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Changing the constituion is hard. Very hard. I don't think it would be repealed.
Though, my knowledge of american law is quite limited. But as far as what I've heard when Bush tried to change the constituion to "protect" the instution of marriage, it is quite difficult.

--------------------
Peace
John

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

Re: Congress to repeal presidential term limits to allow Bush to seek third term.. [Re: BCBudJohn]
    #4461068 - 07/27/05 05:46 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Just for the record bush and the neocons did not sponsor this bill.

A Democrat sponsored the bill and three of its four co-sponsors are also Democrats.

The sponsor is Congressman Steny D. Hoyer (D-Md.). Co-sponsors include Congressmen Howard L. Berman (D-Cal.), Frank Pallone, Jr., (D-NJ), Martin Olav Sabo (D-Minn.) and F. James Sensenbrenner, Jr. (R-Wisc.).

Why Congressman Sensenbrenner jumped on this bandwagon is beyond me.

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]