Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Air Pump, Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinelardnar
Pu Pu Platter
Male

Loc: Behind what appears
Leaving town, air exchanges
    #4460625 - 07/27/05 05:33 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Hey guys,

I am leavin town this weekend from friday afternoon to sunday night. My shrooms are pinning right now (see avatar). I am worried about air exchanges. I have a fruiting chamber with an ultrasonic blablabla but I can't get the timer to work like I want it, on every half hour off every half hour, it never seems to turn on even if i have it set right. So right now i have em in my incubation chamber with perlite and they are boomin, growin real fast. The problem is the only air exchange on that one is a 1" hole with polyfil. Could I make a few more holes and they be OK or should I really try and figure out the crap with the humidifier? I would really like to leave em here cause chance of contamination i think is higher in the fruiting chamber and well it would be less work to drill a couple more holes and put in polyfil.

I also do want to kind of slow the growth. Look at the pic in my avatar, that was them this morning. I don't want em to open up while I'm gone, I want to print that tray pictured like crazy because it pinned like mad in all the wrong circumstances

--------------------
If your soul is sence this life is lost ...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinelardnar
Pu Pu Platter
Male

Re: Leaving town, air exchanges [Re: lardnar]
    #4460632 - 07/27/05 05:36 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Added:

I really dont mind if they slow growth a little as long as it isn't going to cause contams or kill my shrooms, and doesnt effect future flushes negatively

--------------------

Offlinelardnar
Pu Pu Platter
Male

#4462080 - 07/28/05 12:26 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Any ideas on if they will survive?

--------------------

OfflineFunkyBudah
myco-wizard

Loc: Shakedown Street
    #4463206 - 07/28/05 04:27 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

You're going to need something more than that. Do you have an air pump hooked nto your terrarium? The contams will overrun your setup with less than adequate air exchange.

Got any siblings or really close friends you trust?

I left some a few years ago with just an aquarium air pump, and 8 holes with polyfill in each terrarium for 6 days, and came back to about 7 fresh ounces ruined and all 14 casings trashed with contams. I never fully recovered from that total loss.

-J

InvisibleThumpaCap
Beer Taster

Loc: Shroomwhere Out There
Re: Leaving town, air exchanges [Re: FunkyBudah]
    #4463243 - 07/28/05 04:43 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

what about gettin one of those air pumps that you blow up an air mattress with... low pressure, high volume...  and hooking that up to a timer to blast the chamber bout 3 or 4 times a day....  it would prob be good to wrap the outlet with some kind of filter material. 
  :shrug:

--------------------
:bongload: Look into my heyes !! :bongload:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Air Pump, Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation