Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Where are my fellow magicians? [Re: niteowl]
    #4459194 - 07/27/05 07:23 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

niteowl said:
Quote:

Ravus said:
I seriously doubt you can influence someone else's reality with magic.....

I also used to believe that it was all in the eye of the observer. If you believe that you have set a thing in motion, you can convince your self that you did.

Until I was on the receiving end of some negative energy from my wife.

I can count at least three times that I experienced MASSIVE amounts of pain shortly after pissing her off.

I didn't put the pain and her anger together until several weeks/months later.

:rofl2:  Lot's of married men can tell this tale. But they say Witches with a B. :grin: :mushroom2:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Where are my fellow magicians? [Re: eve69]
    #4459926 - 07/27/05 12:07 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

eve69 said:
I read Crowley's stuff. I was born on his birthday - Oct 12th.

Colombus Day! :wink:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: Where are my fellow magicians? [Re: Worldbridger]
    #4460302 - 07/27/05 01:54 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I read Crowley and others, and practiced ceremonial magic for a while back in 1972-3. As I developed psychospiritually, magick gave way to mysticism. My persoanilty assumed a higher center to base itself on (having climbed from Navel Center to Heart Center). It is only possible (according to Kabbalism as well as Indian psychologies) to attain to higher centers of motivation and experience when one has become established in the Heart as the Center of one's inner life.

Magick seeks to be served in the name of one's desires, mysticism seeks to serve for the sake of Knowing Truth. The only truly useful and enduring thing about Crowley was not as a magician, but as a Kabbalist. The 'Knowledge and Conversation of the Holy Guardian Angel' was The Golden Dawn's and Crowley's language for the establishment of oneself in Tiphereth - the Kabbalistic Heart Center:
Crowley felt that attaining Knowledge and Conversation was so important, that he staked the claim that any other magical operation was, in a sense, evil. In Book 4 (Ch. 21) he explains:

"...the Single Supreme Ritual is the attainment of the Knowledge and Conversation of the Holy Guardian Angel. It is the raising of the complete man in a vertical straight line...Any other operation is black magic...If the magician needs to perform any other operation than this, it is only lawful in so far as it is a necessary preliminary to That One Work."

and again,

"Holy Guardian Angel
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Within the system of Thelema founded by Aleister Crowley in 1904, the Holy Guardian Angel is the "Silent Self", representative of one's truest divine nature."

"In occultism, the term is so widely known HGA has become a common abbreviation even in non-English-speaking countries. The concept is equivalent to the Genius of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, the Augoeides of Iamblichus, the Atman of Hinduism, and the Daemon of the gnostics. Crowley borrowed the concept from the Grimoire 'The Sacred Magic of Abramelin the Mage'."

"Even though the HGA is, in a sense, the ?higher self?, it is often experienced as a separate being, independent from the adept. In the system of Thelema, the single most important goal is to consciously connect with one?s HGA, a process termed ?Knowledge and Conversation.? By doing so, the magician becomes fully aware of his own True Will.

For Crowley, this event was the single most important goal of any adept:

It should never be forgotten for a single moment that the central and essential work of the Magician is the attainment of the Knowledge and Conversation of the Holy Guardian Angel. Once he has achieved this he must of course be left entirely in the hands of that Angel, who can be invariably and inevitably relied upon to lead him to the further great step?crossing of the Abyss and the attainment of the grade of Master of the Temple. (Magick Without Tears, Ch.83)."

The Abyss is the region of the Kabbalistic Tree in which the 'invisible' and 'numberless' sephira [sphere] called Da'ath [Knowledge-Gnosis] resides. It is above the spheres of Geburah/Din [Judgement], Tiphereth, and Chesed/Gedulah [Mercy], and below the Supernal Spheres of Binah [Understanding], Chochmah [Wisdom] and Kether [Crown].

Edited by MarkostheGnostic (07/27/05 05:23 PM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Where are my fellow magicians? [Re: Icelander]
    #4460371 - 07/27/05 02:20 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Lot's of married men can tell this tale. But they say Witches with a B.

Bwitches?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale