Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
 User Gallery

Loc: Lysergia
A little something that brightened my day
    #4459385 - 07/27/05 10:43 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

So last fall i spread some poppy seeds in fields and gardens.

There was this particular field that had my hopes high as the soil had been recently turned.
However when my lazy ass finally got around to actually sow, the local weeds were already starting. I figured the poppies wouldn't have much chance since the hardier weeds had had a head start. Still i broadcasted a couple thousand seeds anyway.

A couple months later, on the driest winter i can remember, i returned there to see if there were any cabbages but found nothing. Only the sturdiest, hardiest of the local weeds were growing. My hopes became very low.

When my home poppies bloomed i returned to the field to see if i could spot any special flowers...Nothing. I just forgot about it.

But today, i decided to take my dog for a big walk and went to that field. The dog was running around when i spotted a big ball hanging on a stick over a bunch of dried weeds  :smile: That's right, a poppy pod.

Looked around further and found 3 more, which placed a serious :biggrin: on my face

Although bigger, they do not look as healthy as my carefully dried homegrowns:

By my calculations they must have been drying in full hot mediterranean sun for 2 month with like 2 days of heavy rain. They are darker and kinda soft and soggy as it rained tonight.

~So do you think they're safe to make tea of? There aren't any visible molds or anything but i don't want to get ill.
Even if they are still safe to consume, can the sun and the rain have ruined their 'oomph'? :wink:

Would be nice if they were still good, because that way i'd have enough to share  tea with a friend.

Either way i'm happy just to keep their seeds as these must have quite good genetics to survive drought and life amongst the most hardy and invasive of the local weeds :smile:
They shall be planted next fall.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ny/europe/other
Re: A little something that brightened my day [Re: esin]
    #4459425 - 07/27/05 10:57 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

they're probably fine.

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden