Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNewbie
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal
*sob* My first PC'ing experience...
    #4458992 - 07/27/05 04:57 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Well jars are all prepared, wrapped, on a rack and my PC is venting for 10 min before I place the control gauge on.  This thing's shooting steam out the top like crazy!  I guess it's working.  It feels good to know I'll have sterile jars when my new syringe comes.  I have a good feeling about this batch. :grin:

Info:
WBS Jars
Hawaiian Strain
Attempt at my first casing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: *sob* My first PC'ing experience... [Re: Newbie]
    #4458994 - 07/27/05 05:01 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Turn the heat/power down when the pressure is reached. There should be little or no steam escaping once up to pressure. If you leave it on full power you run the risk of boiling the pc dry, as well as wasting power.

OfflineNewbie
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Re: *sob* My first PC'ing experience... [Re: blackout]
    #4458996 - 07/27/05 05:04 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I'm only running on full power till the gauge starts to jiggle then I'm reducing it to medium low.

OfflineNewbie
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

#4459001 - 07/27/05 05:08 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Ok it started bobbing and steaming like crazy so I reduced the heat. It's calmer now and the only steam escaping is the steam coming out of the holes in the side of the control gauge, and even then it's just little tiny spurts. I dropped some water on the lid and it bubbled up and evaporated in like a second flat. That means it's up to pressure, correct?

OfflineCLUTCH
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#4459005 - 07/27/05 05:11 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Yep,

sounds good. Just maintain there.

Good Luck man

OfflineNewbie
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Re: *sob* My first PC'ing experience... [Re: CLUTCH]
    #4459036 - 07/27/05 05:38 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks, appreciate the help. Since it's grain, I think I should get a decent yield. You also answered another ? I had about the hpoo that i want to clear some things up (procedure wise).

Once I sterilize whatever I'm putting it in, what goes first?

In my head, I see me putting damp verm in the container, then my crumbled WBS cakes, then the poo...right? I am looking forward to a high yield and I know I could just get a down to earth basic description of the pan I can do it with success.

OfflineNewbie
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

#4459041 - 07/27/05 05:41 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

leaving it in the PC sounds good too, but will they be ok with all of that water in there too? I ordered the syringe on sunday and it shipped out monday so it should be coming soon, they won't have to wait in there too long.

I wanted to shake them up when they were done though, to keep from clumping. Will it be just as effective if i sterilize my gloved hands, reach in, shaked each one up, and put it back in and seal it? Possibly even give a little burst of oust into it before I seal the lid again?

Edited by Newbie (07/27/05 06:16 AM)

OfflineNewbie
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

#4459115 - 07/27/05 06:40 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Ok they're done PC'ing now...once the pressure returns to normal can I do what I mentioned in the above post?

OfflineCLUTCH
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#4459131 - 07/27/05 06:51 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Yes, definitely shake while they are hot still. Then drain the water out and put the jars back in.

Leave the foil on top while shaking etc.

OfflineNewbie
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Re: *sob* My first PC'ing experience... [Re: CLUTCH]
    #4459239 - 07/27/05 07:48 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I'm going to have 2cc of left over Hawaiian spores so i figured I'd prep up 2 more pf cakes for the hell of it now that i have a PC.  They're in the process of pc'ing so when they're done I'll load everything into the PC after its empty and store it away till my package arrives :wink:

OfflineMagicalMystery
turn off yourmind

Loc: Here, there and everywher...
    #4459252 - 07/27/05 07:54 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

If you haven't tried your hand at making liquid mycelial cultures, now would be the time! I am sure that information is available, i'm just not sure where! The main page should link to growing information.

--------------------

"Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest."
From the Declaration of the Continental Congress

"We can have peace and security only as long as we band together to preserve that most priceless possession, our inheritance of European blood."
Charles A. Lindbergh,"Aviation, Geography, and Race", Reader's Digest, Nov. 1939

"We must secure the existance of our people and a future for White children."
David Lane

OfflineNewbie
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Re: *sob* My first PC'ing experience... [Re: MagicalMystery]
    #4459370 - 07/27/05 08:38 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for the tip, and I'll look into it, however I don't feel I'm anywhere near that level yet. It sounds fun but I need to get these basics down pat before I spend more money on more supplies and get myself hyped up for something I may not be able to achieve yet.

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

Loc: somewhere else
    #4459398 - 07/27/05 08:49 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

you don't have to put the moist verm layer in the bottom with hpoo, i guess you can to have it aborb any excess water that may pool under the casing. i am not sure if it is absolutely necessary though.

you want to mix your spawn in with the h poo, this way it should colonize very quickly versus having to colonize all the way up from the bottom.

good luck
peace

Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: *sob* My first PC'ing experience... [Re: backupwards]
    #4459482 - 07/27/05 09:12 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

backupwards said:
you don't have to put the moist verm layer in the bottom with hpoo, i guess you can to have it aborb any excess water that may pool under the casing. i am not sure if it is absolutely necessary though.

Yep it is not necessary, and is used for the reason you gave. Also acts as an extra source of water for the substrate too.

Quote:

backupwards said:
you want to mix your spawn in with the h poo, this way it should colonize very quickly 

:thumbup:

OfflineKingkole
im not a noob...im a a doob

Loc: canadiana
    #4459505 - 07/27/05 09:23 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

You really want to try Liquid cultures.

If you can get a good method you can make any syringes last for ever.

also its usually colonizes faster than a multi-spore(spore syringe) inoculation (they don't have to germinate).

you should make a grow log, its good for you to put your method up on the forum so people can advise you directly, if you need it.

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: *sob* My first PC'ing experience... [Re: Kingkole]
    #4459587 - 07/27/05 09:51 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Kingkole said:
you should make a grow log, its good for you to put your method up on the forum so people can advise you directly, if you need it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
:thumbup:

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #4459598 - 07/27/05 09:55 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

NewbieShroomie said:
Thanks for the tip, and I'll look into it, however I don't feel I'm anywhere near that level yet. It sounds fun but I need to get these basics down pat before I spend more money on more supplies and get myself hyped up for something I may not be able to achieve yet.

LC's are as easy as it gets. Check out the "Liquid Growth Medium" link in my sig about them. Cheap too!

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

OfflineHippieChick
Chicks can do it too!
Female User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Trusted Cultivator
Re: *sob* My first PC'ing experience... [Re: FooMan]
    #4459634 - 07/27/05 10:08 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

FooManShroom said:
Quote:

NewbieShroomie said:
Thanks for the tip, and I'll look into it, however I don't feel I'm anywhere near that level yet.  It sounds fun but I need to get these basics down pat before I spend more money on more supplies and get myself hyped up for something I may not be able to achieve yet.

LC's are as easy as it gets. Check out the "Liquid Growth Medium" link in my sig about them. Cheap too!

^^^^^^ :thumbup:^^^^^^^

If you're PC'ing, you can LC. Very easy. Mix up 2 1/2 pints of one of the many LC mediums, put 1 CC spore solution in each, and watch the magic,lol.

You can turn 5 CC of spore solution into this,

in no time. :grin:

Peace,Love,Happiness and Harmony.
:heart: Hippie Chick  :mushroom2:

--------------------
Peace,Love and Happiness
:heart: HC :mushroom2:

Freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose..............

I LUV My Greenhouse
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5545848#5545848

My First Pans
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6212058#6212058

OfflineNewbie
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Re: *sob* My first PC'ing experience... [Re: HippieChick]
    #4467363 - 07/29/05 12:34 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Maybe I'll give it a shot next time around:)

On a side note:

My BRF jars are colonizing pretty well. Once they're caked I've decided to use poo spawning. To do this, do I sterilize a container, break up the cakes, and mix them together with the pre-pasteurized straw/hpoo and cover with saran wrap, poke holes in lid and incubate?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
760 topic views. 23 members, 142 guests and 52 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2024 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.037 seconds spending 0.013 seconds on 14 queries.