Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleeligal
Noobie

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California
yellow edges on weed leaf
    #4459057 - 07/27/05 05:50 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

well, my babies are startin to become more than seedlings (its strange, 3 are doing great, and 4 seem like they stopped growing...)
anyhow, on some of the leaves, the edges are getting a little bit yellow, and some of the edges are rolling upwards just a little. why? what can i do to fix it?
also, one or two of the small leaves underneath the big ones, which probably arent getting much light, dont look to well, do i leave them or cut em off?
and last, why is it that 3 are growing so well while the other 4 arent growing at all?? :confused:

all help is welcome! thanx!

--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

Re: yellow edges on weed leaf [Re: eligal]
    #4459066 - 07/27/05 06:02 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

The yellowing looks a bit like heat stress from those pictures. What kind of light is run and how far away is it usually? Could also be a nutrient deficiency - probably nitrogen, since your other babies are lagging so much. Check out the Plant Abuse Chart by Nietzsche on overgrow for more.

--------------------
delta9

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Loc: Overlook
    #4459081 - 07/27/05 06:17 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Either light burn or fert burn. First look appears to be light burn. Are you using any fertilizers? If your soil mix was too rich, that can actually lockout nutrients to young plants. They also look slightly waterlogged/overwatered. Good luck

--------------------

Invisibleeligal
Noobie

Folding@home Statistics
Re: yellow edges on weed leaf [Re: Organic]
    #4459146 - 07/27/05 06:58 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

hmm, after lookin at the chart i think its something with the nutrients,, like you said the nitrogen. i planted them in a premixed soil/fertilaizer from miraclegrow, so that could be it. what do it do? just wait and let it use it up?

--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"MolokoMilkPlus said:

"tactik said:
respect the can."

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

#4460491 - 07/27/05 02:48 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Organic said:
They also look slightly waterlogged/overwatered. Good luck

I was thinking that last night, but wanted more information; had a friend take a peek and he instantly said "overwatering". Those pots look pretty wet and it would also account for the runty-ness of those others... Overwatering is also one of the easiest to make mistakes early in your grow experience.

Quote:

eligal said:
i planted them in a premixed soil/fertilaizer from miraclegrow, so that could be it. what do it do? just wait and let it use it up?

I've never heard anything truly good about miracle grow for these purposes. What to do? Well, first, one might raise their light a little bit so that they aren't getting as much heat/light stress and that the yellowing of the leaf edges goes away. Second, one might slow down on the watering just a bit. These ladies will drink on their own, you see, no point in drowning them. They'll even tell you when they're thirsty if you're too lax.

--------------------
delta9

Invisiblerod
Ψ
 User Gallery

#4461510 - 07/27/05 07:59 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

yea, switch from chemicals to organics, bat gueno, worm castings,
seabird guano, and others, I always had good luck, and the taste of smoke and vegs are going to be so much better.

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
Re: yellow edges on weed leaf [Re: rod]
    #4463509 - 07/28/05 05:31 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

rod said:
seabird guano, and others, I always had good luck, and the taste of smoke and vegs are going to be so much better.

That's a bunch of hippy bullshit. Soil/organics will not produce a higher quality weed than hydro will. Flushing hydro is all important in getting quality results and commercial growers usually dont bother with it.

I gaurantee that you couldn't tell me the difference between the same strain grown organic and in hydro/flushed.

Those plants are slighty N deficient, It's not light burn as it's also on the lower leaves, light burn only ever effects the tops.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

Re: yellow edges on weed leaf [Re: Hanky]
    #4463653 - 07/28/05 07:17 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

While I am quoting hanky, I am not necessarily speaking TO hanky.

Quote:

hanky said:
Quote:

rod said:

That's a bunch of hippy bullshit.  Soil/organics will not produce a higher quality weed than hydro will.

Not necessarily will soil organics produce a higher quality marijuana flower than chemical hydroponics...  Nor will chemical hydroponics necessarily produce a higher quality or greater yield than soil organics.  Factors like the genetics, enviornment, grower's skill, experience, and general knowledge have some effect as well.

Quote:

I gaurantee that you couldn't tell me the difference between the same strain grown organic and in hydro/flushed.

I bet I could...  but I'm weird like that :wink:

Quote:

Those plants are slighty N deficient,

See what I'm saying about the miracle grow, eligal?  :tongue2:

Quote:

It's not light burn as it's also on the lower leaves, light burn only ever effects the tops.

What about heat stress?

--------------------
delta9

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Re: yellow edges on weed leaf [Re: delta9]
    #4464053 - 07/28/05 10:10 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I've never had experiance with heat stress so I cant say.

What are your temps like eligal? And how much ventilation are you running? PC fans dont count.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
[/quote]

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Loc: Overlook
    #4465104 - 07/28/05 03:28 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I've known of Miracle Gro working when mixed 50/50 with some cheap regular topsoil or potting soil. Their mixes usually retain water quite a bit which combined with their timed released ferts (osmocote usually) means bad news for seedlings and young plants. They'll do fine though if you just water them lightly and let it dry out. Don't go crazy on watering with them until you transplant them into something larger with better draining soil.

I still think that may be light burn...those leaves were at one point on top of the plant and the older, thinner leaf edges burn much easier (like with tip burn from overfertilizing). Heat stress is definetly plausible too (though I think they'd be wilting more)...stick a thermometer in there with the light running for a few hours and tell us the temp.

My .02 on the organic/chemical thing...it doesn't really matter. Plants do tend to look and taste slightly different when fed different ferts of any kind (likely due to micronutrients and individual N-P-K strengths). Its a lot easier to burn your plants with small amounts of chemicals but you definetly can overdo it with things like bone meal and powdered organic ferts. As long as you flush properly, your buds will taste fine with chemicals

--------------------

Invisibleeligal
Noobie

Folding@home Statistics
    #4465860 - 07/28/05 06:58 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

well, i dont have a thermometer, gonna have to get that some day... but i dont think its heat, when i put my hand where the leaves are, i dont feel any sort of heat. i got two small fans blowing on them, and i always leave the top open, and open the side wall a few times a day to air it out etc. and its in my bedroom, not a storage closet or something.
ok, most people say its nitrogen deficient, so what would be the best way to go about fixing it? whats the best thing to add to get that nitrogen?
btw, thanx everybody!

--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"MolokoMilkPlus said:

"tactik said:
respect the can."

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
    #4466995 - 07/28/05 11:17 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Condisering that the damage is so minor I'd just leave it be, Over watering also causes that kind of damage to young plants And considering that most of the new growth looks fine I'd say that was possibly a factor. Give them a week before you decide to add any more ferts, If you end up burning them you'll be in a worse situation than you are now.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
[/quote]

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds