Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Boomr Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemurk
!!!!
First flush help
    #4456538 - 07/26/05 04:59 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Using a DoubleTub setup. Black ducttape around the tub about 4 inches from the bottom. The tubs are clear plastic ones. Straw spawned with WBS quarts. Cased when straw was totally colonized. Cased about .5 inch with coco coir \ vermiculite. Patched the first wave poking through.

Problems: The substrate was 4 inches, the same level as the tape. When i added casing it was above the tape level. Now there are pins forming out of the substrate layer around the perimeter of the tub. None in the middle. A few are actually pointed down towards the bottom of the tub, but they are very small maybe the will adjust.

Questions: Is the first flush fucked? How should i correct it? What exactly went wrong do you think? I was under the impression not to mist with the double tub. I left it sealed only to open when I cased, and patched. After i applied the casing layer I did open up the poly filled holes at substrate level and the fresh air holes in the top tub. Water droplets are all over the sides about 6 inches up on the bottom tub.

help!

Edited by murk (07/26/05 07:24 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemurk
!!!!
Re: First flush help [Re: murk]
    #4459070 - 07/27/05 06:08 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

helllppppp pllleeeaaaasssseeeee!

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: First flush help [Re: murk]
    #4459084 - 07/27/05 06:17 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

There are a million things that could have gone wrong. You need to pick the shrooms growing downward or they will eventually rot. Put the tape higher up. Mist the casing and pray. Usually with straw you only get one good flush, so hopefully that wasn't it. I use double tubs too and find that I do need to mist them to keep the moisture up sometimes. Try for horse poo if you can. It works much better! :thumbup:

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

Offlinethenewguy05
The Mushroom Man
 User Gallery

Loc: My Underground Layer
Re: First flush help [Re: FooMan]
    #4459529 - 07/27/05 09:34 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

i agree horse poo is better. i had this problem when i first started out doing bulk tubs. i found that when i press the substrate down a little (don't try to compact it into a rock solid block) just lightly pack it down and against the walls. i believe the problem might have been that the light got to the sides once everything colonized and it compacted it's self into it's own block slightly smaller that the tub. good luck with your next grow.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Boomr Bag