Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSgtBob
 User Gallery

3d Glasses?
    #4457990 - 07/27/05 01:05 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

does anybody know a store in the Fl area that sells 3d glasses? the kind with a red/blue lense?

--------------------
Can the critics still deny that the geometry of matter is directly related to the harmonic interweaving of light itself? There is no substance, in the absolute sense. We live in a reality of un-reality; all is an illusion and the stuff that dreams are made of. Our physical world is nothing more than a resonating ball of light and shade."

"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things through narrow chinks of his cavern."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinethaiiisticks
Stranger
Re: 3d Glasses? [Re: SgtBob]
    #4457992 - 07/27/05 01:05 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

what is a 3d movie like tripping?

--------------------
Hey, me no worry, hashish keep my eyes Chinese
Rollin two Phillies together make blunts Siamese
I meant it, I represent it, descendant made of
early natives that were captured and taught to think backwards
Trapped us in a cracker psychiatric, it's massive
A Million Man March, alert the masses
Ten glocks, Armani in small print, upon my glasses
Don assassins, armageddon, the wettin'
Never freakin the beast, seven heads, got the righteous threatened
Life Was Written, the plot curves behind the settin'

OfflineSgtBob
 User Gallery

Re: 3d Glasses? [Re: thaiiisticks]
    #4458011 - 07/27/05 01:11 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

i wouldnt know, i need the glasses! and not for a 3d movie, with milkdrop for winamp there is a 3d setting. so 3d VISUALS yaaaaaaaa! :headbanger:

--------------------
Can the critics still deny that the geometry of matter is directly related to the harmonic interweaving of light itself? There is no substance, in the absolute sense. We live in a reality of un-reality; all is an illusion and the stuff that dreams are made of. Our physical world is nothing more than a resonating ball of light and shade."

"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things through narrow chinks of his cavern."

OfflineVeter
Stranger
 User Gallery

#4458880 - 07/27/05 04:58 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

You can easily make them...pure red marker and pure blue marker...color a tissue and get some cardboard and some tape...pretty easy to figure it out from there.

I can't imagine what thatd be like...i'm sure itd probably be pretty cool.

--------------------
Let the Demons have their place, if so, it's angels you'll create.

Offlinemikeyboy
Stranger

Loc: UK
Re: 3d Glasses? [Re: Veter]
    #4458962 - 07/27/05 06:34 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I've got a pair and milkdrop does indeed look mint in 3d

Some presets are better than others tho.

--------------------
LSD: Defrag for the brain

OfflineSgtBob
 User Gallery

Re: 3d Glasses? [Re: mikeyboy]
    #4461391 - 07/27/05 09:26 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

tissue? how am i gonna see through colored tissue? i used some baggies i had layin around but they were too thick i think cause everything was waay too blurry. I was hopin maybe someone knew of a coloring book or some product that had them inside.

--------------------

Offlinespacetrucker
Stranger

#4461670 - 07/27/05 10:44 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I've played with 3d a bit. I dont know any stores, but you can order glasses really cheap online, or make them yourself. This red/blue type of 3d is called "anaglyph 3d". It usually uses red/blue or red/cyan. Its worth it to check out your 3d program to to see whether it uses blue or cyan. I'll assume blue here, just substitute cyan wherever I say blue if thats what you will be using.

If you want to make your own glasses, then go to a stage lighting shop and get some lighting gel. You can use colored cellophane, but lighting gel works much better. Get some red and blue(or cyan). Find an old pair of shades and pop the lenses out and stick the gel on with tape or glue. Make your own out of cardboard if you dont have any old shades. Make sure to put the red gel on the left side, blue on the right.

Before you stick the gels on the shades, you may want to experiment with multiple layers to get the best 3d effect. The idea is that you need to eliminate "crosstalk", which is where you see a ghost image of the blue channel through the red side and vise versa. If you have crosstalk this will diminish the 3d effect.

To optimize the glasses, get photoshop or any paint program and make on the screen a square of full red (255,0,0) and next to it a square of full blue (0,0,255). Use a black background.

Look through the red gel and you should be able to see the red square and the blue square should be almost black. If the blue is too obvious then try adding another layer of red gel. This will make everything darker, but will block out more of the blue channel which is what you want.

Then do the same process for the blue channel.

Once you have worked out the best number of layers then stick the gels on your glasses.

Get a projector, it works much better when its the size of your wall!

Have fun!

OfflineSgtBob
 User Gallery

Re: 3d Glasses? [Re: spacetrucker]
    #4465755 - 07/28/05 08:31 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

wow info packed post spacetrucker. milk drop is so awsome you can define the lens eye colors, no idea if any 2 colors work the same or if blue/red is the best because of a primary color issue or not.

-see ya space cowboy!

--------------------

Offlinespacetrucker
Stranger

#4465997 - 07/28/05 09:25 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

you can define the lens eye colors, no idea if any 2 colors work the same or if blue/red is the best because of a primary color issue or not.

If you can define the lens colors then I'd say go for red/cyan. Because a cyan filter lets through a wider spectrum of light than a blue one, the images can be more colorful.

cya

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience