Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinethremix
Big Spender

Loc: Temple of Boom
it looked colonized to me.
    #4457286 - 07/26/05 08:24 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Well One of my jars was about 90% colonized. I thought it would be OK so I got it out of the jar and I find the middle of the cake to, not be colonized. Well is still OK to try and fruit? I am going to move to WBS next screw BRF lol. Any recommendations??

Also I wanted to ask. what's the time difference between Karo myc. to spore inoculation? Should I inoculate with Karo myc, as appose to spores? With WBS?

--------------------
http://www.gainesvilleps.org/

Dale Carnegie, once said that he never needed to know any thing about any thing because he knew EVERY thing. Any time he didn't know some thing, he asked, he asked his team, his friends, And most important he asked the person that would know the answer.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBenKenobi
Enlightened 1
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: it looked colonized to me. [Re: thremix]
    #4457719 - 07/26/05 09:50 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Are u doing cakes or casings, if casings then u could break the uncolinised section off and use the rest of the colinised sub in the casin, if u use the uncolinised section your increasin ya chances of contams. If your doin cakes id just chuck it or keep a very close eye on it make sure it dun affect the rest of them if it does contam.
Hopefully learnt more patience after this mistake :wink:

--------------------
Old Ben

I beleive that my job in mappin the impulse pathways of a single neuron can allow us to open a mecca into the quailitative functions of the human geno...

Please support your local free spore ring by sendin back prints from successful grows, FSRE

Offlinelardnar
Pu Pu Platter
Male

Loc: Behind what appears
Re: it looked colonized to me. [Re: BenKenobi]
    #4457757 - 07/26/05 10:01 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

scrape the uncolonized to the garbage. I've only had one of my cakes fully colonize and the rest never contaminated when using as spawn

--------------------
If your soul is sence this life is lost ...

Offlinethremix
Big Spender

Loc: Temple of Boom
Re: it looked colonized to me. [Re: lardnar]
    #4457772 - 07/26/05 10:07 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I also put a colonized cake 1pint, with one that was uncolonized in a ziplock bag. The bag got a hole in it when I was breaking up the chunks, so I put it in another ziplock bag. Then I poked holes in the bag and put some tyvek over them. Think every thing will be ok? Not sure how tuchy Uncolonized subtrait is, but I did spray the air with lysol.....I guess time will tell. I broke the cake up as much as I could I hope it will be OK.

--------------------
http://www.gainesvilleps.org/

Dale Carnegie, once said that he never needed to know any thing about any thing because he knew EVERY thing. Any time he didn't know some thing, he asked, he asked his team, his friends, And most important he asked the person that would know the answer.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
Re: it looked colonized to me. [Re: thremix]
    #4457786 - 07/26/05 10:12 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

thremix said:
Well One of my jars was about 90% colonized. I thought it would be OK so I got it out of the jar and I find the middle of the cake to, not be colonized. Well is still OK to try and fruit? I am going to move to WBS next screw BRF lol. Any recommendations??

it most likely will contaminate, I like to wait until everything in the jar is absolutely white and then give it an extra week to be sure that its colonized

Quote:

Also I wanted to ask. what's the time difference between Karo myc. to spore inoculation? Should I inoculate with Karo myc, as appose to spores? With WBS?

liquid cultures are already started, spores require a little extra time, dont put all your eggs in one basket (save some spore solution when you make the karo)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags