Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineastraalialma
Friend
 User Gallery

Loc: Funland
Possibly Panaeolus foenisecii and Conocybe kuehneriana ?
    #4450919 - 07/25/05 02:35 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Hi there!

I'm new to mushrooms and started up by trying to identify these to strains that I found from my lawn. It's been raining for few days and they are numerous.. exept the conocybe (?) only about a dozen.

Am I correct that these are Panaeolus foenisecii and Conocybe kuehneriana?

panaeolus foenisecii?
sporeprint color: black

conocybe kuehneriana?
sporeprint color: brown

Amanita? Still growing in the shady woods.
unidentified

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
Re: Possibly Panaeolus foenisecii and Conocybe kuehneriana ? [Re: astraalialma]
    #4455769 - 07/26/05 01:36 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

If the first ones are P. foenisecii then the spore print should be a dark purplish brown. Try making the spore print on white paper and leaving a long time to get a good, heavy deposit of spores.

I'm not familiar with Conocybe kuehneriana (it's not listed in Moser's book). If I had to guess a species I'd probably go with Conocybe tenera. You need a microscope to be sure of the ID of any Conocybe.

The last one is an Amanita, but the species is much more difficult.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

OfflineRamuh
Finder of thesubbs

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Re: Possibly Panaeolus foenisecii and Conocybe kuehneriana ? [Re: ToxicMan]
    #4456052 - 07/26/05 02:56 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah...those look a lot like P. foenisecii. Take a look at that sporeprint again. When it is said that a sporeprint is black, it means jet black.

This is a great picture I kinda concoted in a way, taken from someones ID help prints, and one of Gumby's subb page prints. At first they all look black, until you see what the jet black looks like (kinda obvious which one I edited in there). The best way I know of to see if a print is really black or not (before you can tell pretty well) is to take it in some bright light, and perhaps smear some of the spores around to thin it out some.

Oh, here is that pic I was talking about:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v113/Corrack/216769012-ep2.jpg

--------------------
Radio is down for a day or two to transfer all my music, and do some other work.

"Light, coming from my mind. We are one, the night has just begun"

OfflinePSiFr33k
Psilly Guru
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth (i think)
Re: Possibly Panaeolus foenisecii and Conocybe kuehneriana ? [Re: Ramuh]
    #4456071 - 07/26/05 03:03 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

those look a good bit like subbs , if the prints come out JET BLACK then they are subbs , which id say they most likely are active subbs

--------------------

While i was in the grass, i picked them..

Offlineastraalialma
Friend
 User Gallery

Re: Possibly Panaeolus foenisecii and Conocybe kuehneriana ? [Re: PSiFr33k]
    #4460343 - 07/27/05 02:11 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

thanks for the tips!

here is the new spore print and they do look like dark purplish brown to me.. for compare there is this really black print..

so this means that it could be panaeolus ?

The "conocybe" spore print looks bright brown / yellowish.

What kind of zoom x multiplier would you need to chekc out spores?

heres more of that possible amanita ... regalis maybe? I read that its quite a familiar sight in forests at this time of year..in here.

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #4460982 - 07/27/05 05:24 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

If they're not clearly black then they're not black. So that suggests they are P. foenisecii.

Your description of the Conocybe spore print color is reasonable for that genus.

To examine spores under a microscope I usually use about 400x. Magnifications of 1000x and up I use when I need to look for ornamentation on the spore surface.

For the Amanita, the next thing we need for identification is to know if the spores are amyloid. You need to make a *very* heavy spore print and treat some spores with iodine. If you have a microscope it will help. If they are amyloid the spores will turn a dark blue-black color. If inamyloid they will be dark reddish brown.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Offlineastraalialma
Friend
 User Gallery

Re: Possibly Panaeolus foenisecii and Conocybe kuehneriana ? [Re: ToxicMan]
    #4463400 - 07/28/05 04:21 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Well I got an specimen here that looks like others but was much darker in color and had that coal-black spore print (the print.jpg where there are 2xfoenisecii and the this unknown):

sorry my bad eng .. and thanks for all help

and for that possible_amanita, .. I left it in the woods. It was full  of small maggots and ants.  :razz:

OfflineDrunkenAttempt
Chemically Inclined
Male User Gallery

Loc: Nova Scotia, CANADA
    #4463711 - 07/28/05 08:12 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

the amanita was a orange-yellow fly agaric

--------------------

Nature is my God, Science is my religion.

Offlinedmgc4
psilopirate

Loc: Central FL
Re: Possibly Panaeolus foenisecii and Conocybe kuehneriana ? [Re: DrunkenAttempt]
    #4463731 - 07/28/05 08:28 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

the amanita is definitely fly agaric, as for the pan. looks like foe to me  :mushroomgrow:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies