Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleveggie

Loc: Flag
Bin-Laden Planned To Poison US Cocaine
    #4455617 - 07/26/05 03:12 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Bin-Laden Planned To Poison US Cocaine
July 26, 2005 - New York Post

Osama bin Laden tried to buy a massive amount of cocaine, spike it with poison and sell it in the United States, hoping to kill thousands of Americans one year after the 9/11 attacks, The Post has learned.

The evil plot failed when the Colombian drug lords bin Laden approached decided it would be bad for their business - and, possibly, for their own health, according to law-enforcement sources familiar with the Drug Enforcement Administration's probe of the aborted transaction. The feds were told of the scheme earlier this year, but its existence had never been made public. The Post has reviewed a document detailing the DEA's findings in the matter, in addition to interviewing sources familiar with the case.

Sources said the feds were told that bin Laden personally met with leaders of a Colombian drug cartel to in 2002 to negotiate the purchase of tons of cocaine, saying that he was willing to spend tens of millions of dollars to finance the deal.

It was not clear where the meeting took place.

Bin Laden hoped that large numbers of Americans dying from poisoned coke would lead to widespread terror.

"They wanted to kill thousands or people - more than the World Trade Center," said a source.

Although the drug lords would have reaped millions of dollars in profits by selling the cocaine to bin Laden, they knew that if his plan succeeded it might effectively destroy the market for their coke in America for years, sources said.

But that was only one reason they declined bin Laden's offer.

The other was their fear of retaliation from the U.S. government once its citizens started to die from the drugs, according to sources.

Despite bin Laden's plan being thwarted, the DEA believes that al Qaeda continues to this day to traffic in drugs to fund a variety of its operations - including training, traveling and terror attacks.

In 2002, then-DEA Director Asa Hutchinson said, "The DEA [has] received multi-source information that Osama bin Laden himself has been involved in the financing and facilitation of heroin-trafficking activities."

"It is important we recognize that when money goes from the pocket of an American to buy drugs, it may contribute to the financing of unspeakable crimes of violence around the world," Hutchinson told Congress that year when he detailed the narcotics trade connection to al Qaeda and other terror groups.

In April of this year, Afghan tribal leader Hajji Bashir Noorzai, who was one of the most wanted drug dealers in the world and previously had been identified as bin Laden's major heroin supplier, was busted in New York City on federal criminal charges.

Jay Leno: "The New York Post reporting today that three years ago, Osama bin Laden tried to buy massive amounts of cocaine in order to poison it, and then sell it here in America. This is part of Osama's plan to destroy show business. You can bet Hollywood is behind the President now, yeah!"

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

Re: Bin-Laden Planned To Poison US Cocaine [Re: veggie]
    #4455805 - 07/26/05 03:46 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

"It is important we recognize that when money goes from the pocket of an American to buy drugs, it may contribute to the financing of unspeakable crimes of violence around the world," Hutchinson told Congress that year when he detailed the narcotics trade connection to al Qaeda and other terror groups.

Thank you Mr. Hutchinson for one of the best reasons to legalize, regulate, and tax drugs.

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #4457157 - 07/26/05 09:43 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

that's an incredible tale.

Offlinepshawny
Mycobian
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Shroomery
Re: Bin-Laden Planned To Poison US Cocaine [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #4457802 - 07/27/05 12:17 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

If one of us were insane, very wealthy, with a following of thousands and wanted to kill thousands of innocent people and that's all you did was sit around and think of ways to do it you come up with all kinds of crazy ass ideas.

--------------------

Offlinefaslimy
Dead Man
 User Gallery
    #4457967 - 07/27/05 12:59 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

one of the most hilarious things I have ever read

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #4458784 - 07/27/05 04:10 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Obviously he was trying to take out Dubya himself.

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #4458964 - 07/27/05 06:35 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Alrighty... something doesn't add up here...

> Osama bin Laden tried to buy a massive amount of cocaine, spike it with poison and sell it in the United States

Ok, we have a plan... continue.

> The drug lords ... declined bin Laden's offer.

Ok, the plan won't work... can't get cocaine, oh well.

> The DEA [has] received multi-source information that Osama bin Laden himself has been involved in the financing and facilitation of heroin-trafficking activities

Hmmm... so what's the problem? Poison the heroin that he has immediate access to instead of the cocaine that he has no access to and the plan is back in action...

What am I missing here? One and one are not adding up to two which usually means I am simply not seeing the obvious or somebody is not telling the truth.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Invisiblezee_werp
a fractalcreature
 User Gallery

Loc: Aotearoa
Re: Bin-Laden Planned To Poison US Cocaine [Re: Seuss]
    #4459006 - 07/27/05 07:11 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I wonder if he was planning on poisoning it with something that would kill you pretty quick, which probably wouldn't work that well cause people would catch on...or spiking it with something like a potent carcinogen so that all the coke users after a couple of years developed big gross tumors on their faces...

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male Arcade Champion: Plumber

Loc: California
    #4459060 - 07/27/05 07:52 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Lots of cocaine = white powder
Lots of poisonous substances (can)= white powder

Lots of idiots buy white powder and put it up their noses, regardless of what is in it.

:shrug:

That's the best adding I can do and it's still only 1 + 1 = 1.5.

--------------------
delta9

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#4460793 - 07/27/05 06:29 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
> The DEA [has] received multi-source information that Osama bin Laden himself has been involved in the financing and facilitation of heroin-trafficking activities

Hmmm... so what's the problem?  Poison the heroin that he has immediate access to instead of the cocaine that he has no access to and the plan is back in action...

What am I missing here?  One and one are not adding up to two which usually means I am simply not seeing the obvious or somebody is not telling the truth.

Perhaps Osama is going on the same logic that the drug lords are. A lot of heroin/opium that we get is straight from Afghanistan. We also get some from other areas over there (I think India) that we use for pain killers/medications. If he destroys his market like he would have done with the drug lords, they won't get as much money in the long run. That could potentially wreak havoc on the terrorists financial infrastructure.

Or maybe you're on to something. Either way, I'm high! :rastamon:

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: Bin-Laden Planned To Poison US Cocaine [Re: DNKYD]
    #4460877 - 07/27/05 06:53 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

DNKYD said:
Quote:

Thank you Mr. Hutchinson for one of the best reasons to legalize, regulate, and tax drugs.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

InvisibleStarter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
    #4460906 - 07/27/05 07:03 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah riiiight.

--------------------
Convert Metric and Imperial.

Offlineivi
 User Gallery

#4461439 - 07/27/05 09:36 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
can't get cocaine, oh well.

The 4th post from the top.

--------------------

Invisiblemoog
Stranger

#4463362 - 07/28/05 05:28 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

For anyone who believes this, I've got a bridge to sell you. :lol:

Just so you guys know, the New York Post is sort of a joke. It's the newspaper version of Fox News. They'll distort facts and even make them up when convenient, as long as it sounds patriotic.

Invisiblekake
The answer to1984 is 1776.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The 66th harmonic
Re: Bin-Laden Planned To Poison US Cocaine [Re: moog]
    #4476984 - 07/31/05 01:39 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, this sounds pretty sketchy to me. Possibly one of many crazy ass ideas coming from the DEA on ways to scare people away from drug use. Create a bullshit story seeded deep within the confines of the government, where nobody could really verify the truth of it all in the end, and see if it scares people enough to control their actions. This, afterall, has been pretty much the whole jist of things for the past 5 years (and arguably decades).

its Terrorist #1 vs. Terrorist #2

--------------------
The answer to 1984 is 1776.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service