Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleAliceDee
-L S D-
Male
avoiding bad trips
    #4453580 - 07/26/05 02:20 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

ok so i recently had a bad trip (only one out of a lot of trips) and was wondering what do you guys do to avoid bad trips.... this particular trip was good at first and i have no idea what made it bad.... besides that it was a high dose and i wasnt really doing anything beside watching tv.... im thinking watching a funny movie while comming up and then when im done ill already be in a good trip... but what other things can i do?

i remember i kinda started thinking about depressing shit, but then would try to think of something else that would make me happy, and the bam i was in a bad trip...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: avoiding bad trips [Re: AliceDee]
    #4454094 - 07/26/05 04:30 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I think you just gotta relax... keep breathing...

When bad thoughts start coming in, put a smile on your face and just remember that it's the shrooms.

Is that your clevage?

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

InvisibleAliceDee
-L S D-
Male
Re: avoiding bad trips [Re: Ginseng1]
    #4454164 - 07/26/05 04:52 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

i tried that... i tried everything, putting on good music, whatever, once your in a bad trip you cant get out... and no those arent mine, im a guy

InvisibleMushroom_Mike
AGAPE LOVE

Loc: Australia
    #4454588 - 07/26/05 09:48 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

yeah, not much you can do but find out what the problem is and attempt to fix it. you cant expect to just hide, cuz you cant, really. you must face whats bothering you. mushrooms force it.

there was a time when i was shrooming, and i became lonely, i tried to meditate, calm down to some music, smoke some weed, nothign worked, i was just straight up SAD cuz there was nobody to be with. So i called my girl up and told her how i felt and we talked on the phone for like 5 minutes and she was so sweet and so nice and loving that i was lifted out of that shitty loneliness and felt refreshed(of course i talked to her til i came down cuz thats what i needed). just gotta fix whatever is bothering you man. sometimes its been like i didnt wanna be around anybody at all. just depends on how u feel.

--------------------

always remember.... to respect the fungus!:awesomenod::inlove3:

Invisiblememes
Blessed

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In a Tree
Re: avoiding bad trips [Re: Mushroom_Mike]
    #4455392 - 07/26/05 02:16 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I did the same thing last time i had a bad trip, called the girlfriend.

I hadnt told her that i was tripping so she was mad at first, which made everything worse, but she called back and was fine. helped loads.

talked to her until i could get a decent hold on myself, then played some socom.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #4455440 - 07/26/05 02:31 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Set and setting, be in a comfortable enviorment, and don't worry so much about bad trips.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflineDrink_Punk_Soda
Now with ExtraVaganza!?
 Arcade Champion: Maeda Line, Moon Patrol

Loc: Nowhere fast
    #4455474 - 07/26/05 02:40 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I had a "bad trip" on my most recent encounter with shrooms. We made some 4+g chocolates and came up WAY too hard and fast, but that was okay. Right around the peak for some reason I got stuck in a loop where all I could think was "I'm going to fail my indepenent study and not graduate EVER and that's bad!" If I was sober, I would have been able to work out what the problem was and how to fix it, or at least deal with it, but tripping that hard it was like a truncated thought that ended at BAD and then repeated.

Fortunately my two awesome housemates were also tripping, and apparently having a rough time as well. After a while we distracted each other out of the rut we were in and the rest of the trip was fine.

If you're by yourself.. I don't know what advice to give. I'm cautious of tripping again at all, let alone solo. Just having someone around within speaking distance (phone, home, online, whatever) really helps.

--------------------

Kumbayah my lord, Kumbayah...

InvisibleAliceDee
-L S D-
Male
Re: avoiding bad trips [Re: Drink_Punk_Soda]
    #4455485 - 07/26/05 02:43 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

thank yall, keep em comming...

btw in my trip i remember thinking i overdosed and i was gonna die, but at the same time i kept saying to myself ive done this before and that it will all be gone when the trip is over... but the bad trip kept on comming back... i would sit down and look at the clock, and after what seemed like an hour was only 2 minutes....

InvisibleAliceDee
-L S D-
Male
    #4460809 - 07/27/05 06:34 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

anymore suggestions??? im shrooming tonight and im gonna start it off fucking around with my turntables until im peaking...

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #4460908 - 07/27/05 07:04 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I'm currently writing an entire essay on this topic...

but thought I'd respond quickly since you're tripping soon. 

The thing is, I don't believe in bad trips.  I believe in trippers attaching value judgements to unpleasant experiences that could have been eased by some forethought and knowledge. 

The first thing is that you should get out of the "bad trip vs good trip" mentality and realize that the trip is what it is.  It is your value judgement that makes a trip "bad." 

Saying "I had a bad trip" is removing the responsibility from you to the drug.  Well, the drug has nothing to do with a scary trip.  Yes, there is dosage to consider, but more mushrooms won't guarantee a frightening time just like a lower dose won't guarantee a great time. 

A scary trip has everything to do with YOU. 

Believe it or not, you CHOOSE when the trip gets "bad."  At some point when you are tripping, you think, I don't like this.  And once you've "decided" that you don't like it, it's hard to get back up to a good place again.  You block the "flow" of the trip by having this expectation of good trips and bad trips.  The trip is what it is.  Eliminate good vs bad thinking and you will have made a large step in your tripping (and sober) mentality. 

The trick is to stay away from such judgements and become a passive observer of your own head.  If you're tripping and you say, "Oh shit, I'm going to have a bad trip," you sort of consign yourself to that fate, and things get worse and worse.

Language and thought have an incredible amount of power.  Take responsibility over yours and cut out damaging, oversimplistic polarties like 'good' and 'bad.' 

Once you do this, you can eliminate all other expectations for the trip.  You should go into a trip with a clear head and heart, EXPECTING NOTHING.  Be prepared to accept whatever happens. Be prepared to go with the flow. 

Total acceptance is one of the keys to successful tripping.

Remember, the drug is only working with the material you give it...YOUR MIND!  If you can't find acceptance for YOU (in accepting everything you throw at yourself in a trip) then maybe you shouldn't be tripping!  If you're miserable in a large majority of your trips, then something is wrong.  Don't worry, there's nothing "wrong with you," just your thinking and the way you handle stress.  I used to be the same way myself...and I still have my moments. 

What helps me in a heavy trip is to give in!  Completely!  Entirely!  If I'm totally lost in my head I breathe...in and out, gently, focusing on that breath.  And it can be one of the hardest things to just r e l a x  but it's one of the best and only things you can do if you're tripping hard.  :heart: 

Hope I helped...remember to go with the flow.  That's really all that matters.  Never block the shroom energy, just be in the moment.  Accept it all.  :mushroom2: :stoned:

InvisibleAliceDee
-L S D-
Male
Re: avoiding bad trips [Re: MOTH]
    #4461740 - 07/27/05 11:06 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

thanks Ellemysh... my journey is about to start ill let you know how your adive helped  :smile:

Offlineshaft
eager novice

#5660673 - 05/22/06 05:20 PM (11 years, 6 days ago)

i think ellemysh hit it on the head. although it may seem impossible to recover during the trip, i believe you can, even though it may seem hard, or impossible, just try to have a sitter or someone around to talk with, that always seems to help me.

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
Re: avoiding bad trips [Re: shaft]
    #5660761 - 05/22/06 05:46 PM (11 years, 6 days ago)

I've made two threads before on this topic, some of the advice has already been re-stated in this thread, but may be something covered in these two that havnt been said here.

Help, I?m having a bad trip ? what do I do : Advice Thread for new trippers.

Avoiding or Getting out of bad trips

But in the end, IMO : The best person to help you out of a bad trip is yourself. Every time I've had a trip that has been 'too intense' to handle, other people just seem to aggervate the situation more, I'll go off and seclude myself for a bit and pull myself back around.

I remeber my first 'bad trip' (I use the term loosely, when all is said and done, it was my best and most memoriable mushroom trip ever). But, I over-did it while at a party, I was convinced it was 3 days later, that I had done too much, that I was never going to come down, that I had 'broke something', constantly afraid I was falling to my death/etc.

But, I did manage to pull myself around (I wasnt with anyone at this party) 100% by myself -- you are the best tool that you can have for getting out of a bad trip.

The best advice I can give though is : Read, read, and read some more, read so much about mushrooms/LSD/whatever substance it is that your about to take that you think you know it inside and out. Read trip reports (good and bad), read information on health risks (or well - the lack of). Be 100% as sure as possible that you KNOW that the substance you are taking is safe, it wont kill you, and that it will eventually end.

I found that knowing that information is what helped me pull my trip from a 'bad' one into an amazing one. I started to remeber all the things I had read about mushrooms before hand - people who have taken more, people who have had bad trips, people who have been in worst places then me, but ended up being ok. I started to remeber that magic mushrooms couldnt kill you, and remeber that yes - they can and will end. Once I started to remeber this, I was able to stop fighting the trip, and it went from a terrifying expierence into the most blissfull and euphoric trip I've had.

Also : Dont fight the trip. Trying to 'fight' the mushrooms is the quickest way for things to start turning sour.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience