Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Why the worries?
    #4453249 - 07/26/05 01:12 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Tripping on mushrooms can cuase anxiety, this is well known. After reading the "Mushroom Toxicity Information" article on this site, why do I seem to be the only person concerned with dying due to ingesting between 1.0g - 3.0g of P. Cubensis mushrooms? I just cant help but think I'm going to die. :confused: I try and tell myself that its just like pot or booze, it's a chemicle that will intoxicate me for a short period of time. I sometimes seem to come across conflicting information. :kodama: I recently took about .7g and got slight visual enhancement with anxiety, giddyness and such. I'd like to take 1.5g - 2.0g next time. But death...when trips are so intense, why does death never seem to bother anyone else? What am I to do?  :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
If stemmer votedme 1, I'm doingSOMETHING right!
Loc: On the insides of your ey...
Re: Why the worries? [Re: plushy]
    #4453282 - 07/26/05 01:20 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Take a Xanax before tripping to alleviate anxiety. Or try hippyflipping. That's always worked for me.

Battles of wits are impossible with the unarmed.

#4453324 - 07/26/05 01:29 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

according to the "how to avoid a bad trip" FAQ, you would have to eat 20 pounds of mushrooms to overdose. which is impossible. there has never been a single reported fatality from an overdose on mushrooms. and overdosing is the only way you're gonna die as long as you are in a safe, comfortable environement. it's all good man. just enjoy :smile:

Earth is not a cold, dead place.

OfflineBlue Helix
bold hand
Male User Gallery

#4453588 - 07/26/05 02:21 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Plushy, a lot of people have bad trips. You don't hear about them too often, but I venture to say probably 3/4ths of those who took mushrooms as a younger person and continued, had a bad trip, probably when they were younger too. Bad trips can be pure hell. I would say that when I was young I had a few that were probably about the worst experiences of my life.

If you use mushrooms more, you'll learn to avoid the particular thinking patterns that cause bad trips for you. I say the SECOND you feel a little anxiety, you need to immediately take action. Have a backdoor plan like a close by park, drinking some booze, or smoking a little MJ, to help you out. I find that smoking a cigarette can take the edge off, but that is probably because I don't smoke and it affects me a lot more than a regular smoker.

Whatever you do, I would try to avoid thinking about dying too much. Just know that death is a natural part of life, just like birth. We all will die eventually, but the question is how well did you enjoy the gift of life while you had it? Mushrooms help me enjoy life.

Healthy Specimen

Loc: Northeastern US
    #4457906 - 07/27/05 12:43 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I get the worries too.
The secret is not to try and change what you are thinking about, but to accept what you are thinking. One you accept it, you can move on.
Observe and accept. Not react and panic.

The Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Around the 10,000 lakes.
Re: Why the worries? [Re: Kosher]
    #4458083 - 07/27/05 01:26 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Hmm I have been around a few people that worry..but not really about death. They think about death. I've taken up to 4.0g and next time I want to take 4.6-5.2g I like small doses too but once in a while I'll up the dose to get a really intense experience. And your right, you just have to tell yourself that it is a drug and that it's effects will leave your body in do time [hopefully not too fast]. Just remember to have fun and do whatever you feel like [if the enviorment allows you too]. I love to sit there and think, explore nature, drawing is HUGE with me, ohh and let's not forget to listen to music. Also, I am sure you already know this but depending on how much you take- your trip may last up to 6-8 hours [more or less]. Best of luck to you.

A man that comes to the door is never quite the same man who went out.

Freedom is something that dies unless it's used

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience