Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTacobot
oppo
Loc: GA
brown flm
    #4450384 - 07/25/05 12:10 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

a lot of the mushrooms i've been picking have a kind of brown layer on top of the caps, some aren't totally covered and some are. i'm pretty sure they're cubes because once we pick them and bring them out later some of the shroom's film rubbed off and it's the normal color underneath it. they were also growing right there with other normal looking ones. i'm just wondering what this film is and if it's harmfull?
also, some of the ones have parts that are just really black, i never left those because they just look dangerous.

one more question that doesn't really have to do with contam. are the dying shriveled mushrooms still potent? or are they bad for you or what?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineiateshaggy
i haxor 360s
Male User Gallery

Loc: 612 Warf Avenue, next to....
Re: brown flm [Re: Tacobot]
    #4450855 - 07/25/05 02:24 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

this is probably in the wrong place and will probably be moved. i think that film you speak of is "mushroom dust" it's just like the dust on a butterfly wing. the black parts, sould that be a bruise? cubes do bruise dark blue. the shriveled ones, are they dry shriveled or wet and soggy? dry shrooms are fine, soggy ones probably are to but will be very nasty. now i do't know you expertise level so i'd really recomend taking some clear pics of every shroom you found and posting them in the hunting forum. there are plenty of shrooms but only one life to do them in.

--------------------
You are a filipina sex goddess who wants to fuck me until I fall asleep, so then you can tickle my balls and see if the legend of my diamond filled nutsuck is true.  I am a white man from costa rica, who smells like lime jello.

I can flash/jtag/repair 360's, pm for details.

OfflineTacobot
oppo
Re: brown flm [Re: iateshaggy]
    #4452124 - 07/25/05 06:59 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

the ones with the film are sometimes bunched together with the old shriveled ones so i assume they're just getting ready to die.
the black is can't be bruising, i've seen bruising on every mushroom i've eaten and it's not the same. i just stomp them because they look diseased or something.

Offlineiateshaggy
i haxor 360s
Male User Gallery

Loc: 612 Warf Avenue, next to....
Re: brown flm [Re: Tacobot]
    #4452775 - 07/25/05 09:46 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

could the black be spores? where are you seeing black? remember, when shrooms drop spores, they drop alot. some kids have left there fruiting chambers for a couple of days and didn't pick the shrooms on time to find everything covered in black when they got to it. you may be in the same boat but i wasn't with you one your hunt so this is just speculation. i just hope you haven't wasted shrooms cuz they were covered in spores...

--------------------
You are a filipina sex goddess who wants to fuck me until I fall asleep, so then you can tickle my balls and see if the legend of my diamond filled nutsuck is true.  I am a white man from costa rica, who smells like lime jello.

I can flash/jtag/repair 360's, pm for details.

OfflineTacobot
oppo
Re: brown flm [Re: iateshaggy]
    #4453213 - 07/25/05 11:06 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

it could be spores. i only found 2 black ones so it didn't waste that many. but both had black on the edge that's touching the other one so i dunno how they would both get spores on their caps.
we're going back out tonight so if i see any more like that i'll check it better.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags