Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFungi_x
Firekeeper of OTD
I'm a teapot User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Michigan Flag
Bulk Withou The Straw or POO
    #4452555 - 07/25/05 08:51 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

OK so when going bulk one mite use a 70ltr sterlite tub and pasteurize straw/poo then add layers of spawn and straw/poo till there are about 5 - 6 inches of compressed straw/poo in the tub.

Well you get some bad ass results doing this, but what if... What if instead of using straw or poo I did 5 - 6 inches of 100% grain?

i would think that the results would be outstanding. I'm going to try it after I get my new P-Cooker. No way PC'n 3 pint jars at a time till I have enough grain to fill a 70ltr sterlite container up 6 inches :grin:

What do you all think? has it been tried?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineD4NK
Omni-Potent
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: A Different Parallel Real...
Re: Bulk Withou The Straw or POO [Re: Fungi_x]
    #4452638 - 07/25/05 09:11 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

*intrested* :tongue2:

--------------------
  Moderation is key 

"There is no god higher than truth." 

OfflineBenKenobi
Enlightened 1
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: Bulk Withou The Straw or POO [Re: D4NK]
    #4452706 - 07/25/05 09:26 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

If you could keep the contams out long enough it would prolly work, but i dunno, i havent seen anywhere on here where it has been done. Most ppl will just tell u to do poo :P

--------------------
Old Ben

I beleive that my job in mappin the impulse pathways of a single neuron can allow us to open a mecca into the quailitative functions of the human geno...

Please support your local free spore ring by sendin back prints from successful grows, FSRE

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #4452740 - 07/25/05 09:37 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

If you was in a 100% sterile clean room, and you wore a bio suite, and the tub stayed in a sterile room, with sterile air exchange i dont see why it wouldnt work. :shrug:

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

OfflineD4NK
Omni-Potent
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Bulk Withou The Straw or POO [Re: Psychoslut]
    #4452751 - 07/25/05 09:39 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

SWEET! *runs off to get biosuit, etc*
I would think that poo would have most of the nutrients removed considering it has already been digested? Although I know this isn't true, why is it so nutritious? Other than compost, there has to be other good bulk substrates other than damn shit! Maybe not, but one can always hope!

--------------------
  Moderation is key 

Edited by D4NK (07/25/05 09:42 PM)

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #4452761 - 07/25/05 09:42 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

That hardly seems worth it, just use the poo.

--------------------

Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Edited by Psychoslut (07/25/05 09:43 PM)

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #4452788 - 07/25/05 09:49 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Probably the main reason we use the poop for bulk is because of the contam rates. Digested grain that has firefang and junk living in it contams allot less than un-digested grain and grass :shrug:

--------------------

Offlinepshawny
Mycobian
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Shroomery
    #4452876 - 07/25/05 10:10 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Sure, it's feasible, but it won't yield as well as poo. Do a side by side comparison and let us know.

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #4452885 - 07/25/05 10:12 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

No, you cant just spawn grain the same as poo. You will end up with contams guarenteed. You could PC a whole shit load of jars, and inoculate them using spores, a LC, or G2G trasfers (or a combo) and then case them together (as long as strain is the same)..but you will be losing out on yield going that thick. Stick with 2 inches for the best yield/amount of substrate, or 3-4 inches if you really want, 6 is to much IMO though. Youd be better off doing 2 or 3 tubs. All in all, its a bitch to prep that much grain and it just aint that worth it..

Grain:

Poo:

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: Bulk Withou The Straw or POO [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4452916 - 07/25/05 10:18 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

For sure a normal person would get contams. How could a scientist with a sterile room, sterile tub, sterile grain culture jars colonized and not, sterile everything get a contam?

Sterile is sterile imo.

Unless im not thinking of something. (most likely)

I know that spawning a big tub of grain is worthless, and there is no reason to do it. But he asked if you COULD spawn some grain in a tub like a poop bulk

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #4452934 - 07/25/05 10:21 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Because he wanted to know for practical purposes, not to be an arguing dick. As I said It CAN NOT be done the SAME as poo...poo is covered with foil or saran wrap with holes in it, there are no precautions taken to be sterile when incubating it, not just spawning it. If you think it can be done, prove it, until then, bite me.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #4452971 - 07/25/05 10:31 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Im honestly not being an arguing dick. I know that grain cannot be done the same as poo using all the same methods as poo.

But if some retarded scientist in a lab had a hair on his ass that wanted to spawn sterile grain, with colonised grain, in a tub bulk style, could he do it?

My intentions was not to try and say yeah great idea everyone should spawn grain in open air just like poop cause it will work the same, and ill prove it.

I never said that.
:rolleyes:

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #4453190 - 07/25/05 11:03 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

The question was can you do the same with grain as poo or straw. The answer is no.

Of course since the only problem is contaminates, if you hypothetically kept everything sterile from all contaminates..then logic would say that yes it would work.

When I say "It wont work the same as poo, it will contam" And you say "Why, what if its a scientist in a lab", your trying to be an arguing prick.

Doesnt surprise me coming from you though, not in the least...why you bother coming back just to get your post count up and post a bunch of crap that does no one any good?

--------------------

OfflineFungi_x
Firekeeper of OTD
I'm a teapot User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Michigan Flag
    #4453602 - 07/26/05 12:25 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I think some of you are confused a little. All the jars ARE going to be 100% colonized. I believe this is safer then using poo or straw because the shit colonizes in a closed jar.

So with that said, there is little worry of contams. now the question that remains is, is there a limit to how thick the grain can be? Is there a already known depth were grain yields the most? If anything I would think there would be more flushes and maybe bigger fruits.

Unless their is a desired depth of sub. I'm just looking for big mushrooms and lots of flushes.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #4453642 - 07/26/05 12:33 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

As I already said, I have no confusion, psychoslut just likes to try and find an argument and went off course. As I told you, IF all the jars are colonized, yes you can do this. I also told you that 2 inches is the best depth for best yeild per substrate. Of course you can go deeper, 3-6 inches...but youll be better off with 2-3 containers compared to 1 with a big thick substrate. Thicker the substrate, bigger the shrooms though. But big shrooms arent good for yield. And most people dont like them either, stupid myths about small shrooms being more potent..

--------------------

OfflineD4NK
Omni-Potent
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4457165 - 07/26/05 07:45 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Kind of off topic, but if i was to colonize wgbr in a pint jar, could I either break the cake up or cut it in half before casing to help the yeild? Would it hurt the cake at all if I was to do this? Main reasons being yeild and the fact that I want more out of my first flush.

--------------------
  Moderation is key 

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags