Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Cuddle Party
    #4451846 - 07/25/05 05:25 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Wikipedia said:
A cuddle party is a non-sexual event in which adult participants are encouraged to engage in consensual cuddling, touching, caressing, and massaging. They use a set of rules to set up a safe space and keep things from heating up too much, such as no nudity, hands under clothes, French kisses, dry humping, or other sex.

Most adult Americans, especially those who are not in an intimate relationship, are touch-deprived.  The lack of loving touch, whether from friends or a partner, causes psychological distress and physiological discomfort.  The well-known study of WW2 orphanages found that infant mortality in these institutions could be reduced by instructing nurses to cuddle the babies while they were fed.  Without loving touch, the babies developed "miasma," and died.

My partner & I have held several Cuddle Parties in our area to address the need for loving contact.  The participants' reactions have been unanimously positive.  The blissful energy generated from innocent, non-erotic contact is amazing!

While we were initially concerned about maintaining the "rules" regarding contact remaining non-sexual, it was a non-issue.  The sensual, loving atmosphere was relaxing and beneficial to all who participated. We played mellow music, provided tea & ice water, and circulated the room throughout the party (cuddling everywhere we went!)

I highly recommend this experience to everyone!  If you can't find any in your area, start one with friends!  :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCaptainH13
Scum
 User Gallery

Re: Cuddle Party [Re: Veritas]
    #4451926 - 07/25/05 05:44 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

have you ever seen Penn& Teller's show "BullShit!"...

i believe that addressed this on there....

it's a really funny show.....

--------------------

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Re: Cuddle Party [Re: CaptainH13]
    #4451997 - 07/25/05 06:09 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

No, I don't watch TV anymore. I like Penn & Teller, though. I remember them from the old days when they were on David Letterman.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #4452078 - 07/25/05 06:42 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Cuddle parties are amazing.  :thumbup: :heart: :thumbup: :heart:  :smile:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineSpooge
The Nutter
Loc: Ice patches that last for...
    #4452639 - 07/25/05 09:11 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Veritas said:
Quote:

Wikipedia said:
A cuddle party is a non-sexual event in which adult participants are encouraged to engage in consensual cuddling, touching, caressing, and massaging. They use a set of rules to set up a safe space and keep things from heating up too much, such as no nudity, hands under clothes, French kisses, dry humping, or other sex.

Most adult Americans, especially those who are not in an intimate relationship, are touch-deprived.  The lack of loving touch, whether from friends or a partner, causes psychological distress and physiological discomfort.  The well-known study of WW2 orphanages found that infant mortality in these institutions could be reduced by instructing nurses to cuddle the babies while they were fed.  Without loving touch, the babies developed "miasma," and died.

My partner & I have held several Cuddle Parties in our area to address the need for loving contact.  The participants' reactions have been unanimously positive.  The blissful energy generated from innocent, non-erotic contact is amazing!

While we were initially concerned about maintaining the "rules" regarding contact remaining non-sexual, it was a non-issue.  The sensual, loving atmosphere was relaxing and beneficial to all who participated. We played mellow music, provided tea & ice water, and circulated the room throughout the party (cuddling everywhere we went!)

I highly recommend this experience to everyone!  If you can't find any in your area, start one with friends!  :thumbup:

That is the coolest thing I've ever heard of.  That would be a nice place to stop into when I'm tripping  :wink:.  I like that idea a lot though  :thumbup:

Offlinecrunchytoast
oppositional

Loc: aporia
    #4453796 - 07/26/05 01:15 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

that sounds awesome you two!

i want a cuddle party :frown:

--------------------
"consensus on the nature of equilibrium is usually established by periodic conflict." -henry kissinger

Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
Re: Cuddle Party [Re: crunchytoast]
    #4454209 - 07/26/05 03:11 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I think it sounds alot like heaven. Great idea.

--------------------
...or something

Offlineduster
psychadelicgardener
Male User Gallery

Loc: ARIZONA,TRANSLVANIAA,ETC....
Re: Cuddle Party [Re: eve69]
    #4454413 - 07/26/05 05:39 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i think it sounds gay. but probaly fun on drugs :wink:

--------------------
"Life is created out of the seeking of knowledge."

OfflineGillette
Jaded
 User Gallery

Re: Cuddle Party [Re: duster]
    #4455384 - 07/26/05 12:13 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I think its a great idea....I always feel attention deprived

--------------------
~Earth is the Insane Asylum of the Universe~

A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

OfflineKristiMidocean
fattie whale
Female User Gallery

Loc: Texas
Re: Cuddle Party [Re: Gillette]
    #4455577 - 07/26/05 01:03 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I don't know that this would work for me. When I cuddle it is with only people that I deeply love like my daughter or my boyfriend. If I just cuddle with someone that I wasnt on a higher level with or hardly knew I think I would be uccomfortable. To me cuddling alone is very intament. When I hold my boyfriend in my arms there is such strong passionate(not sexual) emotions happening. and with my daughter it is not so much intament but nurturing. I have cuddled my best friend while tripping once but that again is something deep because I do love her soo much and it also was like we were connecting n a higher level

When you have these parties is it not uncomfortable for some?

--------------------
:smile: I live for LNC :smile:

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Re: Cuddle Party [Re: KristiMidocean]
    #4455962 - 07/26/05 02:34 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Yes, the comfort factor is very important. We included the party "rules" in our invitation flyer, as well as our phone #'s and email addresses so that invitees consider and discuss their discomfort prior to the party. We also made it clear that the boundaries set by participants were to be respected. Even with this preparation, many chose not to come because they felt too challenged.

Those who did come expressed how amazing it was to open their hearts and their arms to strangers. Everyone chose how to contact others: some preferred to sit up & give shoulder rubs, some held hands, many piled on the floor like a litter of puppies!

The fact that the group had agreed to suspend their usual restraint around contact helped increase the comfort level. If someone had come to the party without knowing its' purpose, I think they might have been very uncomfortable.

We also start the parties with an introduction circle, so everyone gets a chance to say who they are and why they came. This broke the ice splendidly!

Kristi, you might be surprised just how comfortable it can be to express your love and acceptance of another being through touch. I never anticipated how powerful it is to be loving to someone, not because they are in your life & serve your needs in some way, but just because they are alive!

OfflineKristiMidocean
fattie whale
Female User Gallery

#4457706 - 07/26/05 09:48 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

thats a good way to put but I don't think I am that kind of person... I like to share my intament moments with the special people in my life.

It is however awesome that people such as yourself can share this with others. It tells me that not the whole world has gone to crap

Shine on :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#4457761 - 07/26/05 10:02 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

No, the whole world has not gone to crap. But if you watch the news, listen to the radio, and read newspaper you will soon believe it.

If you spread your love in your personal sphere of influence and focus all your love there, you will soon be a magnet for those who feel like you and you will see loving people where once there was none.

Burning Man is my yearly  major Cuddle party 30,000 plus people bent on loving in  a party way.  My little group threw street Cuddle parties each day of the man and wow, It was really challenging and beatiful. Yes lets shine on. :heart:

--------------------

Offlinetomk
King of OTD

Loc: PNW
    #4457762 - 07/26/05 10:02 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

After I realized I was touch adverse, I realized I was blocking out pretty much all sensory imput from my skin. Immediately after realizing this, my skin started to feel really wierd. I think the best way to describe it is a combination of coming back from dissociation after a DXM trip and feeling hunger across my skin. This allowed me to realize that I was missing out on a pretty basic human need.

I am going to combat the problem by getting massages!

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: Cuddle Party [Re: tomk]
    #4457765 - 07/26/05 10:03 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

This is a really good idea tomk. I did the same thing and I started thawing. :heart: :smile:

--------------------

Offlinefaslimy
Dead Man
 User Gallery
    #4457929 - 07/26/05 10:48 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

the cuddle party would probably be easier if everyone was on ecstacy

OfflineKristiMidocean
fattie whale
Female User Gallery

Re: Cuddle Party [Re: faslimy]
    #4457939 - 07/26/05 10:50 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

for sure :smile: :hug:

--------------------

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#4460058 - 07/27/05 12:45 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

that sounds amazing.

this kind of interaction is something that i've been without for a really long time and it kind of roots me into depression and isolation.

animals are a good outlet, but i can't ever be on drugs while i'm around them because it's in an un-understanding and possibly judgemental or even threatening environment...

not that i need to be on drugs, but it's something i'd like to experience while on them. (connection and love to other beings, in this case animals)

man this is what the hippy spirit is all about.... i hope it starts coming back to life.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Re: Cuddle Party [Re: faslimy]
    #4460073 - 07/27/05 12:48 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

What I found so amazing was, after about 30 minutes, I DID feel like I was on E! The physical and emotional response to open-hearted, loving contact was the same. The last party was about 2 hours, and when I left, I felt as though I had experienced 10 intense orgasms.

This is powerful stuff!

Offlineprefloppro
Last Call
    #4461599 - 07/27/05 08:23 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Cuddle party? What the hell is this world coming to. Well its no so bad if you think about the fact that people dress up in animal costumes and go to conventions all the time, like on CSI. I wouldnt mind going to one rolling my balls off, that could be cool.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom