Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleveggieM

Tom Sizemore sentenced to 17 months
    #3966300 - 03/24/05 07:34 PM (19 years, 27 days ago)

Sizemore Sentenced to 17 Months In Jail
March 24, 2005
abc7.com

LOS ANGELES ? Actor Tom Sizemore was sentenced today to 17 months in jail and four months in a live-in rehabilitation facility for repeatedly failing drug tests while on probation in a domestic violence case.

But Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Antonio Barreto Jr. said he would allow the 43-year-old actor to remain free pending appeal of his 2003 domestic violence conviction involving ex-girlfriend Heidi Fleiss.

Later in the day, Sizemore appeared before another judge at the Airport Courthouse in a felony methamphetamine possession case. Judge Paula Adele Mabrey ruled the actor was eligible for a Proposition 36 drug treatment program, and ordered him to submit proof of enrollment on April 14.

Before being sentenced by Barreto, Sizemore gave a lengthy and emotional statement in front of his parents and other family members and friends who showed up for the hearing.

"You've been fairer to me than I ever anticipated. ... I'm very embarrassed to be here," he told the judge. "I never thought I would break my father's heart or my mom's, but I have and I'm to blame for that." Sizemore also showed flashes of defiance.

"I didn't do the initial things I was accused of doing," he said.

He told the judge he did not believe he deserved to go to jail.

"I deserve a second chance, sir," he said, adding that he felt like he was 12 years old and had "never been in trouble before."

"I assure your honor that I'm not acting now. I'm not acting, I'm begging, I'm beseeching you. I cannot imagine my future without performing," Sizemore said.

He cried as he referred to his family, saying, "I can't look at my parents ... I have hurt them deeply."

He told the judge he was "engaged in a struggle right now to regain the better part of who I am ... I never thought I had this disease. Please help me, your honor, help myself."

The actor called his relationship with Fleiss "extremely dysfunctional." "She knew how to push my buttons, and I hers," he said. "In retrospect, I really wish I had exercised more control."

Barreto told Sizemore that probation is a privilege, not a right, and he read from a letter that the actor wrote him about 18 months ago as he was about to be sentenced for the Fleiss case.

The judge said part of the conditions of probation were based on Sizemore's own acknowledgment that he could have controlled his behavior if he wasn't under the influence of drugs.

"The defendant's an outstanding actor ... It is his personal life which has become a shambles," Barreto said. "Mr. Sizemore has been living two lives for some time."

The judge, who could have given Sizemore up to 4 1/2 years in the county jail, noted that the actor had been given great latitude in probation over the prosecutor's objection. He added that the defendant's problems are "all self- created."

Deputy District Attorney Sean Carney said last month that Sizemore had failed seven drug tests, admitted meth use twice and failed to show for further testing, all in the month of February while living in a drug treatment center in Whittier.

Sizemore, whose film credits include "Black Hawk Down" and "Saving Private Ryan," was convicted in 2003 of harassing and threatening Fleiss, a former Hollywood madam, and placed on three years probation. The judge had stayed his six-month jail sentence so he could enter a drug rehab program.

Sizemore was also prosecuted for a 2002 misdemeanor battery case involving another woman.

[* I saw the Tom Sizemore interview with Geraldo Rivera last week on Fox. Sizemore was having trouble making complete sentences, couldn't answer direct questions, was going from laughing to crying. A complete wreck. When asked if he was on meth right now, he couldn't answer coherently, and asked the cameraman to zoom in on his teeth. In this case, 17 months in prison is probably the best thing to happen to this guy at this time. *]

Edited by veggie (03/24/05 08:52 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleveggieM

Re: Tom Sizemore sentenced to 17 months [Re: veggie]
    #4451124 - 07/25/05 03:14 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Sizemore ordered to stay in rehab until sentencing
July 25, 2005 - chron.com

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Actor Tom Sizemore was ordered to remain in a live-in drug rehabilitation program until he is sentenced in September for violating his probation on drug charges.

Sizemore admitted to a series of violations, including falsifying his urine tests and failing to submit to drug testing on eight occasions, Deputy District Attorney Sean Carney said.

The actor was nearly a no-show in court, arriving several hours late for Friday's hearing. His attorney, Michael Rovell, said Sizemore had been in the rehabilitation facility since July 11 and requested Thursday that the actor be excused from appearing.

Superior Court Judge Paula Adele Mabrey denied the request and delayed the hearing so Sizemore could attend.

A different judge issued a warrant for Sizemore's arrest last week after the actor failed to appear in court, but agreed to hold the warrant until Friday.

The actor, who played baseball player Pete Rose in last year's ESPN movie Hustle and had roles in films including Natural Born Killers and Saving Private Ryan, previously denied violating the terms of his probation. He originally was ordered into drug treatment after pleading guilty in October to possession of methamphetamine.

In a separate case, the actor was convicted in 2003 of domestic violence involving his ex-girlfriend, former Hollywood madam Heidi Fleiss. He has been allowed to remain free while appealing.

InvisibleveggieM

#4667927 - 09/15/05 11:09 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

30 more days in rehab for Sizemore
September 15, 2005 - yahoo.com

Tom Sizemore was ordered Thursday to remain in a live-in drug rehabilitation program for another 30 days, but he can leave to work and attend charity events.

"This next month should prove to us that you're going to stay sober — clean and sober — and work at the same time," Superior Court Judge Paula Adele Mabrey said.

Sizemore, whose films include "Saving Private Ryan" and "Black Hawk Down," has been living at Las Encinas treatment center in Pasadena for 72 days.

Based on a report from his doctor, it appears that "Mr. Sizemore has taken his treatment seriously," the judge said.

Sizemore's 6-week-old twin boys and their mother, Janelle McIntire, attended the hearing.

"I'm very, very proud to be a father," the 43-year-old actor said outside court. "I just want to put this very difficult time behind me ... I just want to live a healthy, long life and be a good dad."

One of Sizemore's lawyers, Michael Rovell, asked the judge to allow the actor to leave the treatment center with a "sober companion" on occasion. The judge agreed but said Sizemore must have an immediate drug test each time he returns.

Another hearing was set for Oct. 17.

Sizemore originally was ordered into drug treatment after pleading guilty last October to possession of methamphetamine. In July, he acknowledged a series of probation violations from that case, including using a prosthetic device to fake a drug test.

Separately, Sizemore was convicted in 2003 of domestic violence involving his ex-girlfriend, former Hollywood madam Heidi Fleiss.

He was sentenced in March to 17 months in jail and more than four months in drug treatment for repeatedly failing drug tests while on probation. The actor remains free on bail pending his appeal in that case.

InvisibleveggieM

#4820361 - 10/18/05 12:00 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Judge reinstates Tom Sizemore's probation in drug case
October 18, 2005 - azcentral.com

LOS ANGELES (AP) - A judge has reinstated Tom Sizemore's probation, praising him for making "remarkable" progress in his battle with drugs, but warning that if he slips again he could face 16 months in prison.

"I have seen remarkable improvement. ... I believe that you know what you need to do to stay out of prison," Superior Court Judge Paula Adele Mabrey told Sizemore Monday.

The actor's probation, stemming from a conviction last October for methamphetamine possession, was revoked in July.

He admitted to violations that included the use of a prosthetic device to fake a drug test in May and his repeated violation of the judge's order to be drug-tested every three days.

Sizemore has been living at a Pasadena drug treatment facility since early July. He'll continue outpatient treatment there three days a week, said Michael Rovell, one of his attorneys.

"He is licking his problem. It is not an easy problem to overcome, but right now, he is winning the battle," Rovell told reporters.

Sizemore was convicted in 2003 of domestic violence involving his ex-girlfriend, former Hollywood madam Heidi Fleiss. He was sentenced in March to 17 months in jail and more than four months in drug treatment for repeatedly failing drug tests while on probation. The actor remains free on bail pending his appeal in that case.

Sizemore, whose credits include "Saving Private Ryan" and "Black Hawk Down," was scheduled to appear in court again Nov. 4.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order