Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMr_Psilocin
finding moreactives thanever
 User Gallery

Psilocybe azurescens help!!!
    #4444655 - 07/23/05 08:44 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Does anybody here hunt azurenscens?I have some questions could you guys help me out,please,I want to hunt for em' myself soon! :frown: But first I need to know the basic facts of this mushroom! :grin:
I thank you now if you help me!!! :thumbup: :wink:
So here are the questions! 
1.Is Autumn is the right season for hunting for them?
2.What's the best place for me to look for them?
3.What do they look like and how big are they?(compared to my hand)?Pictures would really help!,(best if in forms of baby's to full grown ones)
4.Are there any poisonous look-alikes?
5.What color is they spore print and do they stain a DEEP blue when bruised or do they hardley stain blue at all?!
You guy's here at the Shroomery are all so nice to newbies like me thank you so much!!! :yourock: :dj:

--------------------
"I experimented with marijuana a time or two, and I didn't like it. I didn't inhale, and never tried it again." Bill Clinton

"A smoker would theoretically have to consume nearly fifteen hundred pounds of marijuana within about 15 minutes to induce a lethal response... In strict medical terms, marijuana is far safer than many of the foods we commonly consume. For example, eating ten raw potatoes can result in a toxic response. By comparison, it is physically impossible to eat enough marijuana to induce death."

DEA Administrative Law Judge Francis L. Young
Opinion and Recommended Ruling, Findings of Fact,

http://www.hempfiles.com/php/quotes.php

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMr_Psilocin
 User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe azurescens help!!! [Re: Mr_Psilocin]
    #4445033 - 07/23/05 10:51 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Does'nt anybody know?

--------------------
"I experimented with marijuana a time or two, and I didn't like it. I didn't inhale, and never tried it again." Bill Clinton

"A smoker would theoretically have to consume nearly fifteen hundred pounds of marijuana within about 15 minutes to induce a lethal response... In strict medical terms, marijuana is far safer than many of the foods we commonly consume. For example, eating ten raw potatoes can result in a toxic response. By comparison, it is physically impossible to eat enough marijuana to induce death."

Invisibleflowstone
blustering

Loc: precious
    #4445058 - 07/23/05 10:57 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Start here... You got about... um, LOTS of research to do. Get busy

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23471

--------------------
these long agonizing months without you...have been long and agonizing..
"War Doesn't Decide Who's Right... It Only Decides Who's Left."

OfflineRamuh
Finder of thesubbs

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
    #4445076 - 07/23/05 11:01 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Yup yup!

Questions 1, 2, 3, and 5 can all be answered by the ultimate field guide, and other places. As for #4..I have no idea.

*edit - was beaten to it.

--------------------
Radio is down for a day or two to transfer all my music, and do some other work.

"Light, coming from my mind. We are one, the night has just begun"

Edited by Ramuh (07/23/05 11:02 PM)

OfflineSigno
manamana
 User Gallery

Loc: Purple Haze
    #4445488 - 07/24/05 01:07 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

They are pretty specific in their habitat. Where do you live?

--------------------

Correlation is not causation!

OfflineMr_Psilocin
 User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe azurescens help!!! [Re: Signo]
    #4445749 - 07/24/05 02:34 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Canada, does that help? :laugh:
Thanks

--------------------

OfflineMr_Psilocin
 User Gallery

#4445779 - 07/24/05 02:47 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

And um.....I'm not that new to mushrooms because I can tell you EVERYTHING you need to know about the Semilanceata :crazy2: :laugh:,I just want to know everthing about this one(Psilocybe azurescens)too because I don't have to look for that many just for one dosage!! :grin:So,if you could answer me the qeustions above it would be really nice of you!!!
Thanks,lance :thanx:

--------------------

Edited by lance (07/24/05 03:04 AM)

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
    #4446176 - 07/24/05 07:41 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

OfflineMr_Psilocin
 User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe azurescens help!!! [Re: Roadkill]
    #4447054 - 07/24/05 02:30 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

All right that website helps,it answered questions 2.,3.,and 5.Thanks mushroomJohn and Roadkill for recommending the site! :thumbup: :grin: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:
But I still don't know questions 1.,4. please help are there anymore websites with good info on them?Plus where would I find them in parks or Gardens or is that a bad place to look for them should i go look  :eek:in the forest or something?Like by a fallen tree? :shrug: :ohwell: :helpdesk:

--------------------

OfflineBetaDelta
Stranger
Male
    #4447480 - 07/24/05 04:46 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Yea thier wood growing mushrooms.
Take care

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
    #4447555 - 07/24/05 05:15 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

that link answered question 1 aswell. you realy need to do your own research, because aside from your fourth question, these all should have been found in even the quickest of searches.

question #4 is not an easy one to answer. there are many mushrooms that could be mistaken for P. azurescens. wich ones might be mistaken and by whom are dictated by the mushroom hunters level of competence/familiarity with mushrooms and thier identifying features. a mushroom that looked just like P. azurescens to you, but grew in a lawn and did not bruse blue is obviously not P. azurescens. a mushroom growing in the dune-grasses and looking to you just like P. azurescens but having a diferent colored spore print is obviously not P. azurescens.

there is no mushroom that should be mistaken for Psilocybe azurescens by a thoroughly prepared person employing some well needed common sence. you'll get the hang of mushrooms quickly.

just remember; if you want to know something, search google and search here - both within the forums and the FAQ. you will usualy find the answer in the course of an earnest search, and if you don't, you can then ask here.

as for your questions about where to look for it, search "P. azurescens habitat". this *will* get you the answer.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Edited by concretefeet (07/24/05 05:17 PM)

OfflineMr_Psilocin
 User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe azurescens help!!! [Re: canid]
    #4449177 - 07/25/05 12:26 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks, :biggrin: :bowdown:
SO I looked at the links you guy's posted for me(thanks) it says's they grow  grouped, or clustered in woods, on earth, among leaves and twigs,on decomposing wood,bark mulch,and wood chips but not in which I'll probably find the most of em' you guys all hunted for them right?!So... :rolleyes: where did YOU find your biggest patches in? :mushroom2:

--------------------

OfflinePsilygirl
cyan goddess
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #4450633 - 07/25/05 01:40 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

You really are going to have much better luck finding Psilocybe cyanescens than you are azurescens. I don't know if anyone has ever found a *naturally occuring azurescens patch that far north. Cyanescens, however, flourish up there. If you are really interested in azurescens you would be better off making your own patch for next year.

--------------------
"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing.' Between the two, my life flows."

Puget Sound Mycological Society

Edited by Psilygirl (07/25/05 02:36 PM)

Invisiblepsiclops
# 1
 User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe azurescens help!!! [Re: Psilygirl]
    #4450867 - 07/25/05 02:25 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Me likey cyanescens...    :crazy2:

OfflineMr_Psilocin
 User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe azurescens help!!! [Re: psiclops]
    #4451085 - 07/25/05 03:03 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks guy's I apprieciate it a lot!!

--------------------

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #4451476 - 07/25/05 04:18 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

by the way, if you didn't see it anywhere already, the general range of P. azurescens [where it is actualy *likely* to be found] is the oregon coast from the columbia river southward for about 50 miles and extending into the river's estuary itself some ways.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

OfflineSigno
manamana
 User Gallery

Loc: Purple Haze
    #4451499 - 07/25/05 04:22 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Not quite correct. Either way you gave up the ghost. Let the man find out for himself with real research.

--------------------

Correlation is not causation!

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
Re: Psilocybe azurescens help!!! [Re: Signo]
    #4451774 - 07/25/05 05:09 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

yes, well i didn't include the coase north of the river into washington as i have not seen confirmed reports of northern finds in enough numbers to include them in the rangein wich one is particularly likely to find them, though it is certainly possible and the likelyhood is not well established. lets hope it is more likely than i have reason to believe, i'd love to see this mushroom ranging as far as could be hoped.

--------------------

Invisiblepsiclops
# 1
 User Gallery

#4455110 - 07/26/05 10:57 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I hope ya know: Mr. Psilocin is gonna be tearin' up yer little beloved estuary trying find a little somethin' for bragging rights.

All yer prescious little Azurescens are gonna be screaming, "Help...Help us, Concretefeet! Why did you tell him...WHyyyyyy!?!?!" (In Umpa Lumpa voices)

Nice going smart guy.

Invisible@cro
new name
 User Gallery

Loc: The PNW
Re: Psilocybe azurescens help!!! [Re: psiclops]
    #4455223 - 07/26/05 11:28 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

:grin:
He's from Cananada, I don't think he's going to make the 6 hour trip down and then try to cross the border with them.  (At least I would hope.)  Especially when cyans can be found around his town.
However, I do think azurescens already have have strong selective pressures against them from pickers and the pickers have a stronger pressure against them from the authorities.  All this is nothing that can't be found if one is willing to search for a couple mins, we probably don't need to be offering it up so willingly.
Over the last few years, authorities have been cracking down on pickers VERY strongly.  I haven't made the trip yet and not seen someone getting arrested and/or harassed and I know this site has a lot to do with that. 

Peace

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds