Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Paul Stamets

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineAsanteA
light your candle on my love
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here - Right Now
Minimal Dosage -- another experiment in boosting (Trip Report)
    #4450265 - 07/25/05 01:35 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I'm at the 7 1/2-HP of another experiment in boosting in the Minimal Dosage series. The trip report is included below. If you're looking for exotic experiences, don't bother to read it: It's an experiment in the treshold range of mushrooms, two doses of 0.25gr dried cubensis were used. This one's done to enhance my pharmacologic knowledge of Psilocybin effects, so basically I've observed my own trip rather than have been thrown in the midst of it and making notes afterward.

The effects nontheless were clear and very worthwhile.
I hope the serious/curious trippers among you will appreciate this by no means exciting trip report ^_^

Enjoy!

The Stamets Point ? Exploring a Mushroom boost

This session will not be one of in-depth exploration but rather one in which I explore the pharmacological properties of mushrooms. I will use the ?Minimal Dosage? that usually lend themselves best for enhancement of meditation and other directed activities.

11:45h (-15MP) I made a tea of 2 glasses of hot tap water with 0.5gr Psilocybe cubensis and 0.5gr Ascorbic acid, let it steep with stirring for about 10min, then filtered effortlessly through a coffee filter paper and poured it in 2 glasses, I put one in the refrigerator.

12:00h (the Zero Point) I drank 1 glass containing approximately 2mg Psilocybin, the tea of 0.25gr Psilocybe cubensis. I am severely sleep deprived for days now so the Minimal Dosage will have to compete with a quite unpleasant daze.

12:30h (the ?-HP) Aware for ten minutes now. I'm reasonably calm. The daze is horrible but the insomnia cannot be helped: it's waking up early and complete inability to sleep afterwards.

13:00h (the 1-HP) I'm clearly in effect. Mood is enhanced (brightened) and when I sit in my chair with eyes closed there's distinct visual activity, mostly thematic and related to the dynamic of good & evil, albeit playful. I noted a correlation between Skeletor and the third perinatal matrix. I'm now going to lie in darkness. I was worried about enhanced daze and dysphoria of the sleep deprivation, but found euphoria and more clarity instead.

13:30h (the 1 ?-HP) Fantastic! I have just drank my booster dose on the Stamets Point (90min into it, a boost to get higher) making this 0.25 +0.25gr already. The intoxication is very pleasant. Lightheaded, bright surroundings, light inebriation.. the works! I'm listening to the ridiculously dragged out beat of ?Ant Z's Guantanamera? and am very euphoric. Daim, I feel pretty good! In darkness I had many visuals and auditories mingling, it was a combination of the hypnagogia of my sleep deprivation combined with a distinctly entheogenic state. The dose was quite sufficient but boosting on the Stamets Point is under-explored and this is a fine day to do just that. I've discovered that the usual dosage dynamics hold true for Minimal Dosage as well, which makes the exploring easy because contrary to high doses here you can actually focus on the effects. From the 2-HP until the 5-HP I will probably be lifted above Minimal Dosage. I can already feel it on the rise now, a physical feeling accompanied by a little anticipation. I'm even considering to take the sum of this dose, another 0.5gr, as a second booster on the 4 ?-HP and if the will to explore persists perhaps another 0.5gr on the 6-HP, on the Stamets Point of the hypothetical next boost, bringing it up into the full-gamut realm.

14:00h (The 2-HP) Slowly on the rise once more! I'm growing increasingly inebriated and feel unconcerned about it, in fact i welcome it. I'm quite hungry but in half an hour there's a minitub of Ben & Jerry's that says I won't be hungry for the longest time. Interesting: I ate 1 heaping tablespoon of BJ icecream and half a liter of milk a mere 45 minutes before I took my first tea and it kicked in completely unhindered these foods. Since milk is a liquid food (one half-liter containing 25gr lactose, 17.5gr protein and 15gr fat) this means fasting can be omitted. I just cleaned up the Ant Z version of Guantanamera to exclude all excitement and leave just the ridiculously dragged-out 60 bpm ?colony beat? part which fits the mood like a glove and gets me very euphoric. Music & rhythm appreciation is definitely much enhanced. I definitely can see how a minimal dosage (or something built from there) will bring great enjoyment on a music concert. There is no preoccupation to distract you from the enhanced music experience, yet you're reasonably high, milder than a big joint but much more advantageously: it works as a brain stimulant.
I'm really looking forward to the ?flavor enhancement? part of this test, where I'll attempt to enjoy a minitub of BJ Vanilla Caramel Fudge icecream to the full extent of sensory capabilities in darkness. When do we really purposefully focus attention to the enjoyment of foods? I'll see if I can reach the Zen of Ben & Jerry before I hit the bottom of the minitub. ^_^

14:30h (the 2 ?-HP) I'm on the 1-HP of the boost and frankly I'm amply high but regret that i did not take a 0.5gr. I think it would be best to engage in doublings: 0.25-0.5-1gr but this has to be verified. Fact is that I'm twice as inebriated as I was before the boost, so boosting on the Stamets Point indeed holds merit. And now it's sensory test time. Ben, Jerry, here I come ^_^

14:45h (the 2 ?-HP) Amazing! I could not do it. The icecream had an artificial ether-like odor and it was very sticky, stuffed with most notably sugars. It was tasty but it felt clearly alien to my Great Ape palate. I've eaten only ? tub and have put it in the freezer again. It.. its artificial food O_O
Now I've taken two ripe bananas and will continue the flavor experiment. My tummy feels cemented (one or two scoops at most) and my mouth is sticky.
My Inner Ape gave a very clear disapproving Ooo! to Ben & Jerry and I'm at a loss as icecream is the binge food par excellence ^_^

15:45h (the 3 ?-HP) Even though i'm still much into the effect the decline of dose 1 combined with the plateau feels like i'm in an afterphase & on the coming down. I've got a feeling of closure with that so this will conclude this day's experimenting. I'll probably still be well aware at 18:00h but at the moment the decline of the experience tells me enough is enough. Had I boosted a mere 45min ago I'd be going strong but the decline of a psychedelic experience seems to have the psychological sense of closure ingrained into it, biochemically.

The two bananas were very much more tasty than the bit of icecream I've had and proved to be a more ?biologically correct? food ^_^

Lying in darkness there was a lot of visual activity, but not as lively as it had been before while the inebriation definitely is stronger.
I feel the boost would have been more appropriate as a piggyback on the 3-HP rather than as a boost upwards on the 1 ?-HP, I feel the inebriation increased at the expense of the introspective depth.

16:00h (the 4-HP) The afterphase is the detrimental factor in this. Also, my sleep deprivation is showing itself once more despite height. It's odd but it seems very clear that a piggyback would be more useful and enjoyable than a boost upwards.

18:00h (the 6-HP) The end of a wonderful trip. It was a trip on Minimal Dosage and twice above (2-4mg) and despite its mildness it was very worthwhile. Aside from the psychological effects data has been gathered: It's now clear to me that a slight decrease of psychedelic effect is associated with a process of closure where you wrap up the altered state of consciousness into your baseline. No matter if it's Minimal Dosage, it's still a very clear process. If you boost upwards on the Stamets point you are eased into the trip but at the expense of the plateau, prolonging the descent. If you piggyback doses at the 3-HP you are prolonging the plateau. If you take mushrooms single-bolus then you get a hard come-up and a harmony between the phases (1 ? ascent, 1 ? plateau, 3 descent)
An interesting hybrid would be to ease into a trip through a step-up at the Stamets Point and from then on piggybacking the high peak beyond its usual time. A regimen would be:
1gr (zeropoint)+ 1gr (1:30h) + 2gr (4:30h) +2gr (7:30h), plateau lasts until 11-HP (14hrs)

I must say the findings are interesting and partly unexpected. It looks like the closure mechanism is tripped by the descent rather than by psychological content, which means it's an autopilot mechanism which can be relied on and planned with accuracy.

From this experiment combined with some others at Minimal Dosage there emerges a clear pattern in the experience that is mostly obscured by higher doses.

ZEROPOINT ? ingestion of the tea
+3-5 min ? alert (reaches brain)
+20 min ? kicks in (clear effect)
+40min ? stronger (emotional effects)
+1-1 ? h ? plateau is reached (stabilization)
+1 ? hours ? Stamets Point (boost to fortify effects)
+1-3 hours ? plateau (stable effect)
+3 hours ? Piggyback Point (boost to prolong plateau)
+3 ? hours ? descent becomes clear
+4 hours ? effect down to about half-strength
+5-6 hours ? end of the Psilocybin experience

It's sobering to pin down the psychedelic experience into a timeframe, but this is very useful in designing sessions as for boosting intervals etc to arrive at a desired scheme, as well as for coming to better understanding of the pharmacological side of the Psilocybin experience. This session was definitely worthwhile experientially and aside from that gave some useful facts that may prevent a high-dose misfire.

End of this Trip Report.

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :redpill:  :bluepill:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI
PSYCHOSIS, SYNCHRONICITIES, SHAMANISM & THE SUPERNATURAL WA&F

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: Minimal Dosage -- another experiment in boosting (Trip Report) [Re: Asante]
    #4450303 - 07/25/05 01:45 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Great report, thanks. Your research is appreciated.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
Re: Minimal Dosage -- another experiment in boosting (Trip Report) [Re: mecreateme]
    #4450723 - 07/25/05 04:00 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

This may sound a little noob-ish, but at least I'm willing to admit that I still have a LOT to learn about mushrooms. But what is the "stamet"? Although I found it interesting that you mentioned that taking the entire dose all at once would result in a rougher come-up, and I would deffinitely have to agree with you, seeing as this has been that case the last 2 times I've taken everything just all at once. Just one question though, I myself have issues with sleeping sometimes, and will often find myself still awake after hours of sleep. Would you recommend still taking shrooms after saying awake for 24 hours? Or is this something that you found made the trip less enjoyable?

OfflineAsanteA
Male User Gallery

Re: Minimal Dosage -- another experiment in boosting (Trip Report) [Re: StickyWater]
    #4450905 - 07/25/05 04:32 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Paul Stamets is just about THE expert on psychedelic mushrooms (some may disagree). He recommends to take half your dose and, if the Force is with you, to take the other half one and a half hours after the first so thats what I mean with the Stamets Point.
(being the 1 1/2-HP or Hour Point, meaning after primary ingestion)

Shulgin recommends another kind of boosting (especially in the copntext of psychotherapy) which is "Piggybacking". This basically is taking a boost at the end of the plateau so that the experience's peak is fluently carried over into the other peak.

So you have for mushrooms the

STAMETS POINT (1:30 after ingestion, increases intensity)
PIGGYBACK POINT (3:00 after ingestion, prolongs activity)

It's mostly personal notation. This kind of research-oriented trip reports I usually write for archive, but now I decided to write it in English and post it as well. It offers a peek in my kitchen and what I'm up to when I'm not tripping hard.

I was studying the psychedelic state, not getting engulfed by it.

I found that you can trip HARD and still be too sleepy to sit. Thats really unpleasant. With this minimal dosage my head cleared completely, however, and the CEV of sleep deprivation + mushrooms were very interesting together.
I'd say trip when it's the right day and you feel well.

--------------------

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
    #4451065 - 07/25/05 04:59 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I also noticed that you said you had made this into tea, I've read (I believe it was on this forum actualy, I may be wrong) that tea results in a shorter come up, but will also result in a bit of a shorter peak. I have never tried tea (not because of the shorter peak thing, just cause I've never gotten around to doing it, soo much simpler to eat dry). My first question is, does that statement hold any validity? Or is it just another one of the many mushy mythes? If that is the case with tea, should the stamets and piggybacking times be changed?

OfflineAsanteA
Male User Gallery

Re: Minimal Dosage -- another experiment in boosting (Trip Report) [Re: StickyWater]
    #4451310 - 07/25/05 05:49 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

MUSHROOM TEA

mushroom powder
1 big glass of piping hot water

stir for 15 minutes
filter with a coffee filter paper
store in the freezer for a few hours if needed

--------------------------------

Basically what you're doing is pre-digesting the mushrooms, and throwing the insolubles away. With cubensis this is easier on the stomach.

Psilocin is formed in the cells, and then trapped in the extra-cellular fluid by making it highly polar with phosphoric acid to form Psilocin phosphate ester, aka Psilocybin.

Making tea thus catches the Psilocybin but not the little Psilocin within the cells.

Because it is in watery solution you eliminate all problems related with digestion. (slow release, retention etc)
All the psilocybin you're going to ingest is immediately available for absorption.

This means you'll climb faster, plateau a bit shorter (but also a bit higher) and come down a tad more rapidly.
As you see in the report its still the full duration (4-6 hours) though!

The timetable is individual but likely applies for many people if the dose is noticable to moderate.

Powder/shrooms will be a tad slower, but not much I think. What definately IS slower is use of capsules. This tends to add 20 minutes to the coming up phase.

Personally I've gotten to prefer the tea. No matter which mushroom or strain you use, the curve will always be the same because what you ingest will be a solution of psilocybin in water.

--------------------

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
    #4451866 - 07/25/05 07:29 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

hmmm, well, you'll be glad to know that your "unnexciting trip report" has opened up my mind to something completely new here, and deffinitely something that I'd be willing to try for myself. Does dosing at the stamet point serve any other purpose than easing you into the peak? (eh, except for the obvious purpose of increasing your dose).

Also, I would like to read more about shrooms, specificaly what chemical changes/changes in the brain are/may be responsible for which effects that shrooms can produce, but just anything in general would be good to read (though I'm more interested in the science side than I am the history side). Keep in mind I'm fairly new to this, and my knowledge of chemistry and biology is fairly limited, could you suggest any good books for me to read that are easy to understand and follow, and are pretty clear and good at providing explanations, etc?

OfflineAsanteA
Male User Gallery

#4451952 - 07/25/05 07:52 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Does dosing at the stamet point serve any other purpose than easing you into the peak? (eh, except for the obvious purpose of increasing your dose).

Sometimes, out of the blue, you get a humongously strong trip. Or an overwhelmingly hard one. In that case you'll often be well aware of it at the 1-HP and not take that booster!
In case you drew mushrooms 4 times stronger than what you're used to you'd be so overjoyed you only took a half dose :grin:

Well good information.. Click the links in my signature (beneath my text) and you'll find some damn good online books and texts.

I particularly recommend the one I named "Best Tripping Manual". If you read and think that one through you know more about psychedelic trip basics than 9/10 trippers! Its from 1959 but still one of the best tripping books out there.

--------------------

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
    #4451989 - 07/25/05 08:05 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Hmmm, thanks, think you could recommend some books printed on papper though? (Remember those, once upon a time). Not that I have anything against online books, I just do most of my reading on public transit or other places where I have no access to a computer.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Paul Stamets

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports