Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Peruvian Torch, San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinerock_ten
failed peruvian torch trip attempt
    #4449742 - 07/25/05 10:03 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

hey dudes. I acquired 50g of dried powdered Trichocereus peruvianus material, added water, boiled and heated for about 1 to 1.5 hours, then filtered out the solids. I then drank the resulting 500ml of juice in four seperate times, over the course of an hour.

Its now been 2.5 hours since the first consumption of it, and ive felt nothing - my pupils arent even dilated. I know they say that mescaline comes on slowly, but surely id have felt something by now. Ive given up on it and eaten some food.

So either it wasnt actually active cactus material, or my method of preparation was really shit. Ive kept all the solid material and will dry it out again and eat it some other time, to see if that has any effect.

--Joe

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineEkstaza
stranger thanmost
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: failed peruvian torch trip attempt [Re: rock_ten]
    #4451375 - 07/25/05 06:01 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

You may not have boiled it long enough.
Taste the solid bit to see if they are still very bitter.
If so, try to extract it with alcohol and see what you get.
Or, boil it again, but for about three or four hours. Some teks say to boil it for up to 8 hrs.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Offlineday_tripper
Gatherer
 User Gallery

Loc: Pacific Coast
Re: failed peruvian torch trip attempt [Re: Ekstaza]
    #4453747 - 07/26/05 02:56 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

just to clarify, you actually boil it? I assumed boiling would degrade the actives.

Invisiblezee_werp
a fractalcreature
 User Gallery

Loc: Aotearoa
Re: failed peruvian torch trip attempt [Re: day_tripper]
    #4454061 - 07/26/05 04:22 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Well for starters, cactus can easily take 2 hours to come on, and longer if you drag out your tea-drinking for an hour.

Also, you not only needed to simmer your cactus for longer, but you also needed to do more than one 'rinse' through. Adding a teaspoon or two of citric acid, or alternatively the juice of one lemon per dose per boil, would also help make the alkaloids more soluble.

So in other words what you should have done was get your cactus pieces, chuck them in say a half or 1 litre of water with some citric acid. Simmer this and stir around for 2-3 hours, then strain it out. And be sure to really squish the moisture out of the chunks. Put the liquid into a seperate pot. Then, chuck the chunks back into your original pot and add another half litre of water and some more citric acid. Repeat the first step, and add the juice from that boiling to the stuff you collected the first time. If you want you could do a third boil, although that time only 1 hour would be necessary.

Then you'll probably have more liquid than what you really want to drink. So you can put that stuff onto a low heat and evaporate some of it off until you have a drinkable amount of liquid.

Thats how we did it when I was over in Peru...where cactus is legal and rather plentiful. They know how to get a good trip going on over there!

OfflineEkstaza
stranger thanmost
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: failed peruvian torch trip attempt [Re: day_tripper]
    #4456153 - 07/26/05 05:25 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

day_tripper said:
just to clarify, you actually boil it? I assumed boiling would degrade the actives.

Youy really do boil it. Mescaline is very stable and can withstand heat. Cactus needs the prolonged boiling to allow sturdy cellular walls to break down and release the goods.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Offlinerock_ten
Re: failed peruvian torch trip attempt [Re: Ekstaza]
    #4459458 - 07/27/05 11:07 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

well, its now been 52 hours since ingestion lol, so it should have come on by now.

surely i should have felt SOMETHING, even if not full effects? Ive kept all the solid material anyway, and when its dried out ill recover it from the cloth i used to filter it, and also soak the cloth in water to remove and chems that have crystalised out onto it. Then some time (will be months probably) ill try eating the solid shit. I know other people who have just eaten it, and theyve had effects from it - so I should too I guess

btw i did add an amount of... well some weak acid, I cant remember what it is - its used in cooking and shit apparently. In the solid material I have left I can see lots of the grains of this acid so it apparently didnt really dissolve.

--Joe

OfflineMagicalMystery
turn off yourmind

Loc: Here, there and everywher...
Re: failed peruvian torch trip attempt [Re: rock_ten]
    #4459468 - 07/27/05 11:10 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Boiling it with a weak acid helps form mescaline salts that are soluable in the hot water. An acid-base extraction is the best, turn that powder into crystals.

--------------------

"Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest."
From the Declaration of the Continental Congress

"We can have peace and security only as long as we band together to preserve that most priceless possession, our inheritance of European blood."
Charles A. Lindbergh,"Aviation, Geography, and Race", Reader's Digest, Nov. 1939

"We must secure the existance of our people and a future for White children."
David Lane

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Peruvian Torch, San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience