Home | Community | Message Board


SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Toilet Paper

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleveggie

Registered: 07/26/04
Posts: 13,985
Ten die after eating wild mushrooms in Nepal
    #4449215 - 07/25/05 02:41 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Ten die after eating wld mushrooms in Nepal
July 25, 2005 - hindu.com

Kathmandu (AP): At least 10 people, including five members of a family, died after eating poisonous mushrooms in a southwestern Nepal town, officials said Monday.

The dead had all eaten wild mushrooms on Saturday picked from a forest in Tansen, a town 280 kilometers southwest of the capital, Kathmandu, the officials said. Four people died on Saturday and six others on Sunday, they said.

Another 12 people have been admitted in hospital, including one in serious condition, they said. Police were investigating how the mushrooms had been picked and consumed, the officials said.

Local authorities used loudspeakers to warn people not to eat wild mushrooms, they said.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Registered: 12/24/99
Posts: 8,946
Re: Ten die after eating wld mushrooms in Nepal [Re: veggie]
    #4457216 - 07/26/05 09:58 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

that's a bummer.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinesander
learning

Registered: 10/04/04
Posts: 394
Loc: MA and IA
Last seen: 6 years, 6 months
Re: Ten die after eating wld mushrooms in Nepal [Re: veggie]
    #4457393 - 07/26/05 10:47 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

veggie said:
Local authorities used loudspeakers to warn people not to eat wild mushrooms, they said.




haha thats just funny, what an odd country


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleveggie

Registered: 07/26/04
Posts: 13,985
Re: Ten die after eating wild mushrooms in Nepal [Re: veggie]
    #4485186 - 08/02/05 02:11 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Mushroom poisoning in Palpa caused by Amanita: experts
August 2, 2005 - peacejournalism.com

Twelve people who died in Palpa last month were victims of poisoning caused by Amanita Mushrooms, experts said.

According to a report of biologists and botanists issued after visiting the site, the poisoning happened after consumption of a mixture of mushrooms collected in the local Katus-Chilaune (Castanopsis indica and Schima wallichii) forests in Tansen, headquarters of Palpa.

The forests at Tansen contained a large diversity of wild mushrooms including some very poisonous species of Amanita, they said.

After consuming poisonous mushrooms, twelve persons died and 40 others were hospitalized in Tansen Mission Hospital last month. Of the deceased, five were members of a family.

Amanita mushrooms are large ones with slender stipe and a cap with brown, green or reddish colours. The under surface of the cap is covered by white lamella and the whole mushroom is covered by a skin-like veil in the young stage which remains as a volva near the base of the mushroom when it matures, the report jointly prepared by Morten Christensen, Shiva Devkota and Sanjeeb Bhattarai said.

Christensen is a Biologist (Mycologist) and a PhD-student at the Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Copenhagen, Denmark while Devkota is a botanist from Tribhuvan University and Bhattarai is a forester, ComForM project at the institute of forestry in Pokhara.

Recommending people not to consume mushrooms they cannot identify, the experts have also suggested people to immediately visit a doctor in case of illness after consuming mushrooms.

According to them, initial symptoms of an amanita poisoning are vomiting, diarrhea and headache often followed by some improvement in patient's condition.

--------------------
When in doubt, throw it out!


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Toilet Paper

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Man, 82, dies from eating wild mushrooms [CA] veggie 2,878 16 03/13/09 02:57 PM
by shroomzey
* Health officials warn against eating wild mushrooms [NY] veggie 1,822 9 07/27/08 01:28 PM
by Ophanim
* Ministry warns against eating wild mushrooms motamanM 2,438 8 02/08/05 05:27 AM
by veggie
* Poison centre warns against eating wild mushrooms Wronguy 1,143 2 09/30/06 10:07 PM
by Anarchyz0r
* Woman dies, one sick, after eating poisonous mushrooms [UK] veggie 2,390 3 09/18/08 01:04 PM
by Irieforester
* Local residents ill after wild mushroom ingestion motamanM 1,317 1 01/15/05 02:17 AM
by veggie
* Six go to hospital after dining on wild mushrooms [CA] veggie 1,980 3 01/07/07 10:59 PM
by veggie
* Molalla Couple Hospitalized After Eating Backyard Mushrooms (OR) thetonebone72 1,794 9 05/22/09 02:13 PM
by Pandorok

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: motaman, karode13, Alan Rockefeller, naum, Mostly_Harmless
1,271 topic views. 3 members, 6 guests and 0 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Toggle Favorite | Print Topic | Stats ]
Search this thread:
RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2016 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.047 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 14 queries.