Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Pressure Cooker

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineiambobby
I am what I am
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
naturally avoiding contaminations - how?
    #4449191 - 07/25/05 02:30 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

After reading some teks it seems that growing in natural formula such as horse poo makes it much easier because there are good bacteria to help fight off contamination. In a completely synthesised environment its essential to have no contamination what so ever and you need to be anally clear of bacteria otherwise your growing is doomed.

Can somebody clarify this for me cause I don't want to care about negative bacteria invasions. Is this whole process really just a matter of good versus bad bacteria?

Does anybody know how to make a culture or to do a colonization without fears of contamination? As in, do you know how to make a really awesome positively geared bacteria environment that will kick the arse of any evil bitches that come along?

The honeywater colonization method seems like a great idea because honey apparently creates H2O2 (hydrogen peroxide). The honey that I have had mushrooms preserved in for 6 months has little white fury patches on the top that I think is mushroom colony waiting to happen(I have taste tested and smelt the honey at times thinking its infected but it smells just like mushrooms and there's no pungent taste). This makes me think honey is a good additive to create a naturally positive environment. I am adding this honey concoction to some grain mix (barley and corn soaked overnight in water) and I hope something magic happens.

Any comments or criticisms greatly appreciated.  :rasta:

--------------------
Yesterday, the world was flat. Today, the world is a round ball. Tomorrow? The world will not be defined so easily with words...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineiambobby
I am what I am
 User Gallery

Re: naturally avoiding contaminations - how? [Re: iambobby]
    #4449216 - 07/25/05 02:41 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Just another comment is I see this contamination stuff like the immune system.

Its no good to just avoid the diseases of the world. Like you can't avoid breathing air that has the cold in it and you can't avoid touching the door knobs in the bathrooms etc. You expect to take in a certain ammount of baddies and your body can handle it.

People with AIDS die from a cold or something small like that because they have no internal power to fight the disease. The key to good health is to create a good defensive system that can overpower any potential harmful threats. This is what i'd like to make happen with the way I grow mushrooms.

I see it as:
1) Firstly creating a positive bacteria grain environment capable of overpowering any negative bacteria (by negative, i mean anything capable of killing the mushroom)
2) innoculating it with the spores

I hope I don't offend anyone by thinking such things but I just don't really want to goto the lengths of sterilization in order to grow shrooms. Its just not my style. I am relaxed and things happen naturally in my world. Gloves... boiling jars... brushing teeth.. No thanks.

Whats the easy natural solution to all of this?

--------------------
Yesterday, the world was flat. Today, the world is a round ball. Tomorrow? The world will not be defined so easily with words...

InvisibleThumpaCap
Beer Taster

Loc: Shroomwhere Out There
    #4449273 - 07/25/05 02:57 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

:shrug:

--------------------
:bongload: Look into my heyes !! :bongload:

Offlineultralight
fury 762 where are you?

#4449305 - 07/25/05 03:06 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

"I see it as:
1) Firstly creating a positive bacteria grain environment capable of overpowering any negative bacteria (by negative, i mean anything capable of killing the mushroom)"

The problem is First you would have to sterilize it anyway because its its already covered with endospores. Sterilization would be the only way...

"2) innoculating it with the spores"

To have great success rates you would need a sterile enviroment to do this. You could be lax in sterility but you would not have a consistet high success rate.

As far as the honey, mushroom spores will germinate in honey given enough time (diluted even faster,couple days-LC) as will contaminants.
Which is why we must sterilize it too.

Good to think about, Im sure someone else will have something really good to say. Im sure I will learn something in this thread too.

Take care n be safe...

OfflinemyCo_psyCo
a mycologist inthe making
Male User Gallery

Loc: own private hell
Re: naturally avoiding contaminations - how? [Re: ThumpaCap]
    #4449306 - 07/25/05 03:06 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

i was wondering some of the same things good bacteria that would live and coexist with myc

--------------------

InvisibleFooManM
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #4449676 - 07/25/05 08:13 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Agar says he has created a substrate that displays the properties that you are talking about. Check out the thread here: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/3797303/page/0/fpart/1/vc/1/nt/17 .

You will find it VERY interesting :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlineiambobby
I am what I am
 User Gallery

Re: naturally avoiding contaminations - how? [Re: FooMan]
    #4454433 - 07/26/05 08:04 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Thankyou so much guys! The response quality at this forum is incredible...what... have you got some love power or something? :wink:

I didn't even know there was such a thing as endospores. I thought pretty much every organism was killed in good ol' fashioned boiling water.

I don't have a pressure cooker - can I just steam my jars or boil them for a while?

Thanks for the link! I'm reading it now... p.s wicked revolving yin yang its a trip in itself

--------------------

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

Loc: somewhere else
    #4454508 - 07/26/05 09:15 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

you can boil brf cakes to sterilize them, any grains though should really be pc'd. this makes sure that you kill off any of those endospores.

lets see, it is not only bacterium that you want to kill off with sterilization, there are a many molds that you also want to kill off. some of these molds can be much more detrimental to ya than some bacteria.

these sterilization steps are taken for specific purposes otherwise do you think people would be doing it? you can go ahead and not sterilize but you will probably end up with major contams and then get nothing for your efforts or rather you just may end up sick as hell or even die. depending on what types of contams that you do get.

sure there are those that don't pasturize or sterilize the h poo but there again as you said it naturally has beneficials in it that take care of the bad ones to a degree. outdoors these beneficial microorganisms are present and keep nature in check as well as the myc's ability to produce antibiotic like enzymes to keep itself healthy. yes they can do this indoors as well but they usually are only contam resistant once they reach 100% colonization.

good luck with whatever you do, just make sure when you get some contams that you first and foremost find out what it is.

peace

Offlineultralight
fury 762 where are you?

#4454514 - 07/26/05 09:16 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

For doing grains a PC is a must, though there has been a couple shroomerites working on Fractional Sterilization if you want to do some research. Agar had a post that he was experamenting with deli type containers for the microwave, if you wanna look it up..

Take care n be safe...

Offlineultralight
fury 762 where are you?

Re: naturally avoiding contaminations - how? [Re: ultralight]
    #4454527 - 07/26/05 09:22 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Here's the link to Agar's "contraption" ... http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rue#Post4221218
Good luck.

Take care n be safe...

Offlineiambobby
I am what I am
 User Gallery

#4454718 - 07/26/05 10:29 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for the advice. I can see I'm taking this bacteria thing a little lightly. Its just I don't get sick and I know its cause I don't fear bacteria. I take in enough positive stuff. I realise however that it took time to build up to this level of health as does a fully established colony.

Its just that...I have a tendancy to find the weakness within a system I am inhabiting (currently mushroom cultivation) and make a better pathway.

I will try anything... even some sort of cellular akashic record method:

The cells in my body have faced every contaminant ever to exist in this body or another form and I call upon this cellular wisdom now to teach me what I need to do, in order to externalise my ability to combat these evil forces, so that I can grow an abundance of magic mushrooms.

Ahh... I can feel it. My cells are telling me this is possible. They say "You can do it just like Agar".

Are those deli type containers thin plastic type that make a sort of crackety sound when taking the lid off?

I know this might sound a bit out there but do you think adding colloidal silver to the mix would add a strongarm to the good guys?

Have you learnt anything in this thread yet ultralight? If not, there must be more information still to come...

--------------------

Offlineultralight
fury 762 where are you?

#4454795 - 07/26/05 10:53 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Here is a thread from Advanced Cult. on Colloidal Silver.. http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/4027648/an/0/page/10
No not really much I havent read yet, I read ALLOT, its terrible, I spend every free second I have on here.loll..

Take care n be safe..

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #4454870 - 07/26/05 11:30 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

5 shrooms for bobby and ultralight, you guys seem to have a pretty good handle and understanding on the topics at hand.

BTW...easiest natural solution is to just use BRF cakes, no PC required. Boil the jars, then pasteurize poo (heating it to 165-175) and you can use a cheese grater to break up the cakes into the poo. No PC required, but you get the benefits of using poo, and you should easily be able to keep sterile. Everything you said in your first few posts seems to be pretty right bobby, there are a few spores everywhere and the grow can take it, fight it off with its immune system (mycelium has one too, not just firefang [the good fungus in poo that fights off contams]).

Oh one other thing, honey doesnt create h202, it contains small amounts, making it a good preservative. However with honey water, it must be PCed first, and at those temperatures, h202 breaks down making it no different then any other sugar. Good luck!

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlineiambobby
I am what I am
 User Gallery

Re: naturally avoiding contaminations - how? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4456807 - 07/26/05 08:03 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

oh look at those shrooms!!!! :laugh: Thanks brothers you have cleared some things for me and I'm feeling more confident about this. I will begin the process soon and post my progress...

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Pressure Cooker

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation