Home | Community | Message Board


Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSweetMaryJaine
underwear
Registered: 09/26/00
Posts: 363
Last seen: 12 years, 4 months
my america
    #444909 - 11/02/01 05:36 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

AMERICAN PRIDE

american pride is a sham. we, as americans, have no reason to take pride in this great country of ours. we lamely watch the government slowly taking away our freedoms as human beings. the constitution has been amended so many times it really cannot be considered the same document it was 225 years ago. we had the inalienable right to put anything into our own bodies, we had the right to care for our children any way we wanted to, we had the right to live however we wanted, we had the right to persue happiness. as it stands at this point in time, we may not put anything into our bodies that the government of the united states does not approve of, we may not discipline our children unless it is a government-accepted punishment or the government will take our children from us, we may not persue happiness, to be able to do that, we would have to run our own lives, make our own decisions, think our own thoughts.

it was once said that it is not only our right to question an unjust and corrupt government, but our duty as american citizens. not anymore. whatever our government thinks best shall be. our government says a 13 year old boy is old enough to be a man, but only if he kills his school teacher.

we no longer take part in our country's inner-workings; the congress and senate are only mid to high class men (speckled with women) who have gone to harvard, princeton and all the other ivy league schools. they do not know, nor can they know what the american people want. yet, these are the very people who decide our lives on a daily basis. they chose our freedoms, and we let them.

there was a law passed recently that stated a policeman had the right to take a person to jail for a simple traffic violation. this is not justice. if i had a broken tail light and a policeman pulled me over, a fine is just, jail is not. in the past presidential election, president george bush won, with less than a majority of the votes. al gore had the people's vote, bush had the electoral college's. THIS IS NOT DEMOCRACY! our citizen's have chosen their leader for the past 225 years, and for the first time, our government has done it for us. there was no uprising of citizens to argue their rights as americans, there was no senator, congressman, or political official who spoke out. all we saw was the whole of the united states laying down for an injustice.

our american government is corrupt and injust. a select group of people run our lives and tell us what we can and cannot do. we know it, we acknowlege it, we do nothing about it. we fear our government so much, that to question it, is taboo. we are merely sheep, being idly led to our deaths by a shepard named the US government.


this is an essay i just wrote, because i can. i have a severe hatred for the us government, and the us people for letting the government do this. i hope we'll learn before it's too late. Make love, not war. later


--------------------
??
k ? ? ? ? ? ?
just go with the flow.
everyone's gotta have a lil fun


Edited by SweetMaryJaine (11/02/01 05:39 PM)


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Registered: 11/05/00
Posts: 3,998
Loc: (God's Country) - USA
Last seen: 11 years, 5 months
Re: my america [Re: SweetMaryJaine]
    #444932 - 11/02/01 06:00 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

In all honesty, I do agree with almost all of what you stated. However, the events of 9-11 have forever changed America. Our freedom will never be the same. Our freedom is what allowed them the ability to destroy our WTC.

I'm very much a liberal. However, I do believe that Americans are ready to give up some freedom (and we have) if it can stop this shit from hapening again.

I'm also very nervious that the American Goverment will mis-use there new power and fuck with us peace loveing people. Lets hope that dosent happen.


--------------------
>>Jammer>>


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSweetMaryJaine
underwear
Registered: 09/26/00
Posts: 363
Last seen: 12 years, 4 months
Re: my america [Re: Jammer]
    #445032 - 11/02/01 07:32 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

wtc? wtc? what the fuck about wtc? what are we doing? sitting here saying how bad we'll get bin laden. oh no, he'd better watch out or else we'll say something else bad about him. see ...when the time comes, our country can't even stand up for itself. and as for our country giving up freedoms to stop that from happening again ...all i have to say is ...when the holocaust 2 happens right here in america, you'll be wishing that you hadn't given up those freedoms so nonchalantly. i'll be outta this shit hole we call a country by then. so you enjoy your limited freedoms, and follow the herd just like the rest of you.

Make love, not war. later


--------------------
??
k ? ? ? ? ? ?
just go with the flow.
everyone's gotta have a lil fun


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
Registered: 06/05/00
Posts: 3,442
Loc: nowhere
Last seen: 11 years, 5 months
Re: my america [Re: SweetMaryJaine]
    #445348 - 11/03/01 02:31 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

American pride was never really installed into my philosophy, as others have been taken into, noticing their act of commiting themselves into an army that they have no control over only for the sake of money, something that the bible voraciously preaches against. But still people who revolve around myself the few indians left of us, trying to sue the government for a small piece of land that they stole and killed my ancestors for, and not having it won because instead of inbreeding my generations bloodline has dwindled to less than a fourth, pisses me off. Maybe its time for people to acknowledge the presence of a new world order made up entirely for the purpose of peace. The only problem is...


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleMokshaMan
enthusiast
Registered: 03/13/01
Posts: 280
Re: my america [Re: SweetMaryJaine]
    #445394 - 11/03/01 04:44 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

>> the constitution has been amended so many times it really cannot be considered the same document it was 225 years ago
>> THIS IS NOT DEMOCRACY! our citizen's have chosen their leader for the past 225 years

You know what you're right, 225 years ago your opinion wouldn't matter. Well, I'm assuming that you're female based on kristen and your username. So let's review some of the amendments that are so awful and "stole" your rights. Well there's the 15 amendment which says: "The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude." Now I don't know about you, but I'd say the fact that the Amendment tries to allow more than white males to be represented is fairly good. Then there's the 19th that states: "The right of the citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by ant State on account of sex." Now not only males over 21 are represented, but so are females. Amendment 24 repealed states rights to issue a poll tax, essentially a racist tax("The right of citizens of the United States to vote in any primary or other election for President or Vice President, for electors for President or Vice President, or for Senator or Representative in Congress, shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or any State by reason of failure to pay any poll tax or other tax.") Now all people over 21, not just those that were able to pay for the right to vote, were allowed to vote. Then there's the 26th Amendment, stating:"The right of citizens of the United States, who are eighteen years of age or older, to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of age." This allowed all people over the age of 18 the right to vote. Perhaps I'm not reading the same document as you, but how is that worse? How is the less representative? And how was it the "people" were being repressented if most of them weren't even allowed to vote? Shall we review some of the other issues that were so awful and so un-democratic. How about Amendment 17("The Senate of the United States shall be composed of two Senators from each State, elected by the people thereof, for six years; and each Senator shall have one vote. The electors in each State shall have the qualifications requisite for electors of the most numerous branch of the State legislatures."), which allowed the people to vote for Senators instead of being elected by each state legislator. Of course there's also Amendment 18, but I don't really think we should count that one since Amendment 21 repealed it. Of course, how can we forget about Amendment 13("Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction."). And of course Amendment 22 which limits the amount of time that a president may reside over the US("No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once.") and makes it so there's a greater diversity to the repressentation of the US. So there are 27 Amendments, 10 are the bill of rights(ratified 225 years ago with the constitution) and I've listed 10 that I hope you would agree made the republic more representative(well ok 8, 2 don't really count). That means you've got an issue with 7 Amendments. One deals with pay of Senators/Repressentatives, one deals with removal of the President, one deals with a change of dates, one... well I think you get point. There's the one that allows the government to have an income tax, but then everyone has to do their part to support the government. If you want I'm sure that there are groups that wouldn't mind going back to the way it was 225 years ago(mainly white males over the age of 21 that own land); I'm sure there'd be many, many people that would be just as upset(women, africans, asians, etc).

>> this is an essay i just wrote, because i can. i have a severe hatred for the us government

You're right again, you can because the US gives you the right to dissent. This is because you have the right to think(and say) what you want, which is vastly different than most authoritarian regimes that would just kill you. If you hate the US so much, might I recommend that you show your displeasure with your feet and leave? If you are a "skilled" worker there are plenty of countries that would love to have you I'm sure. My wife often tells me that Canada needs "skilled" workers(nurses and doctors especially). I disagree with more things that you've said(your stance on children, pursuit of happiness, etc), but I think I've said enough to make a point.


--------------------
Men can only be happy when they do not assume that the object of life is happiness.
-- George Owell


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleisis
addict
Registered: 05/16/01
Posts: 484
Re: my america [Re: MokshaMan]
    #445663 - 11/03/01 02:15 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I fully agree with MokshaMan.I feel the Amendment changes have only added to our freedoms. The KKK would love to go back to how it was 225yrs ago. MokshaMan has already pointed out what live was like then. Don't get me wrong,I have many disagreements with our laws. Some I feel are unjust.No one can argue that many of our laws are unjust, but I still love this country. I feel blessed to live here.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleisis
addict
Registered: 05/16/01
Posts: 484
Re: my america [Re: isis]
    #445973 - 11/03/01 08:42 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I say we can still fight for those freedoms we still lack and fight the injustice, but still love this country. There's nothing wrong with questioning or not trusting the government.Actually, I don't think anyone should blindly trust the government. You should try living in one of those countries were you have no freedon. It may give you a different perpective. I think this country offers great opportunities. There are bad things about the goverment and there are good things. Maybe I have a different perspective since I did not grow up in the mainland. I swear everytime I return to the mainland of the US, I just want to kiss the ground.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineD_Tox
Boddhisattva

Registered: 10/31/01
Posts: 239
Loc: Lab 23
Last seen: 14 years, 11 days
Re: my america [Re: isis]
    #448377 - 11/06/01 12:32 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

There are problems inherent in the Constitution though. At the time it was written, the large majority of the populace was uneducated. The founders held back a lot, because they didn't trust a lot of power to uneducated people. However, a lot has changed in the 225 years, and now the government holds a severely overweighted portion of power. Not to mention the fact that I feel the government ignores the Constitution's spirit at will almost constantly. Not that I can do anything about it. I


--------------------
-----------------------
D_Tox

to understand other people….to be aware
to understand animals….to be a decent person
to understand plants….. to be a refined individual
to understand the mushroom…to be enlightened


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleMokshaMan
enthusiast
Registered: 03/13/01
Posts: 280
Re: my america [Re: D_Tox]
    #448539 - 11/06/01 02:29 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

>> Not to mention the fact that I feel the government ignores the Constitution's spirit at will almost constantly.

This has little to do with the actual Constitution, it has much more to do with the fact that the government has become corrupt. Corruption of those in charge is hardly the Constitution's fault. Of course if the corruption were that awful, the people(masses) would vote those in charge out and the corruption would leave... for a little while. There is some form of corruption in any government. I fully agree that the federal government has taken more power than it was rightfully granted under the Constitution.


--------------------
Men can only be happy when they do not assume that the object of life is happiness.
-- George Owell


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineupupup
guardian

Registered: 08/25/01
Posts: 889
Loc: George "I love Hitler" Bu...
Last seen: 12 years, 11 months
Re: my america [Re: MokshaMan]
    #477670 - 12/02/01 11:12 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

<>>

You have got to be kidding. The "people" have been sleeping. They are glued to the low frequency box and kept in a semi comatose state by the alcohol that is the accepted american legal drug which accounts for more crime than what you are here about but for which you could spend part of your existance for incarcerated. Ramble, ramble. You have of coarse heard that if you put a frog in a pot of boiling water it will jump right out but if you put a frog in cool water and slowly turn up the temp you will have a cooked frog.


--------------------
Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblePGF
square

Registered: 07/21/00
Posts: 8,642
Loc: Malaysia
Re: my america [Re: SweetMaryJaine]
    #478116 - 12/03/01 09:29 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

american pride is a sham. we, as americans, have no reason to take pride in this great country of ours.


you said great country, lol, after you said you do not take pride in america.

the constitution has been amended so many times it really cannot be considered the same document it was 225 years ago. we had the inalienable right to put anything into our own bodies, we had the right to care for our children any way we wanted to, we had the right to live however we wanted, we had the right to persue happiness. as it stands at this point in time, we may not put anything into our bodies that the government of the united states does not approve of, we may not discipline our children unless it is a government-accepted punishment or the government will take our children from us, we may not persue happiness, to be able to do that, we would have to run our own lives, make our own decisions, think our own thoughts.



The Constitutional Amendments are not so bad. I think you are confusing the Constitution with various federal and state laws.



I basically agree with the rest of your essay, but I do not think you will get an A.


--------------------
***The Real Shroomery nigger


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleMokshaMan
enthusiast
Registered: 03/13/01
Posts: 280
Re: my america [Re: upupup]
    #478408 - 12/03/01 04:57 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

>> The "people" have been sleeping

What does this have to do with the Constitution and whether it has increased or decreased people's rights? As for your frog example, there are enough people not sleeping that are and have been for years yelling and screaming, if the masses were really that concerned these people that have been shouting from the mountain would have been listened to. I'm not saying that I approve of everything that the government does, I do not. But to say that everyone is worse off than in previous generations because of the Constitution is foolish at best. If there was something else you took issue with, please be more specific.


--------------------
Men can only be happy when they do not assume that the object of life is happiness.
-- George Owell


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Registered: 08/12/99
Posts: 22,678
Loc: Trump Train
Re: my america [Re: MokshaMan]
    #479508 - 12/04/01 02:54 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

For the record, Gore was the third president to lose the electoral vote and win the popular vote, not the first.

Corruption can be stopped with serious campaign reform.

Those in power are still slaves to public opinion. The only thing is that public opinion only changes on the issues that are spoonfed to them by the media.

The best way to change the government is to be active in it.


--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineupupup
guardian

Registered: 08/25/01
Posts: 889
Loc: George "I love Hitler" Bu...
Last seen: 12 years, 11 months
Re: my america [Re: Senor_Doobie]
    #479718 - 12/04/01 06:16 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

My previouse post was supported by your answer to it. There are people who have been screaming ( Noam Chomsky for example) and nobody hears or cares. Apathay and ignorance. Mass media has america by the balls dir sir.


--------------------
Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Involuntary Servitude Minstrel 1,413 11 08/08/08 08:09 PM
by Seuss
* Who Rules America? Who Owns The Media? - The Facts usefulidiot 1,505 13 01/18/05 08:00 AM
by GazzBut
* Amerika ?ber Alles vs. America, Land of the Free Ancalagon 663 4 11/17/04 09:40 PM
by Gijith
* America sets global example by agreeing to scrap all nuclear weapons.
( 1 2 3 all )
FecalDildo
2,272 44 10/30/07 09:32 AM
by BrAiN
* An English article on America
( 1 2 3 all )
Anonymous 2,571 44 01/22/03 08:09 PM
by Xlea321
* Brit reminds Europe of ‘a world without America’
( 1 2 all )
Luddite 2,635 38 01/04/17 03:54 PM
by jakefake
* Has America done anything right?
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Innvertigo 5,721 93 03/05/05 11:25 AM
by Great_Satan
* What I love about America...
( 1 2 3 4 all )
JohnnyRespect 3,856 77 05/13/03 11:43 AM
by Evolving

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Prisoner#1, Enlil
1,061 topic views. 2 members, 1 guests and 6 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Toggle Favorite | Print Topic | Stats ]
Search this thread:
Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2017 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.089 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.