Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecalavera
dog gamit.
 User Gallery

Loc: a little blue gren planet...
is it wise to trip while you sleep?
    #4177253 - 05/15/05 04:58 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

greetings.

i am really into dreams.i like dearms very much.
so what it would be like if i would aeten like 0,5-1g of cubensis just before go to bed..would i tripp while i sleep, and dream crazy stuff, or would i just wake up and unable to sleep back as the shrooms kicks in?

thanks for any advises, calavera

--------------------
share and enjoy

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

Re: is it wise to trip while you sleep? [Re: calavera]
    #4177262 - 05/15/05 05:10 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

dont think youd be able to sleep

if you rearrange some letters in your name you get calea

http://www.erowid.org/plants/calea_zacatechichi/calea_zacatechichi.shtml

Offlinecalavera
dog gamit.
 User Gallery

Re: is it wise to trip while you sleep? [Re: fresh313]
    #4177265 - 05/15/05 05:19 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

thats serious man:)

thanks.grear new info.this plant looks like salvia.

all the best! cal

--------------------
share and enjoy

InvisibleChikitta
    #4177292 - 05/15/05 05:59 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

You probably wouldn't be able to sleep, but I don't think it's wise. You'll have no control over what's going on as you would if you were awake.

Could be worth a go with 1g though - let us know how it goes if you try it!

Offlinecalavera
dog gamit.
 User Gallery

#4177376 - 05/15/05 07:40 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

if u are on the tripp you wont be able to sleep, but if u eat it and sleep shortly before the shrooms kicks in, it possible to stay sleep.i guess..

i searched the net about this topic, but no result, so i think i will go with 0,5g first and tell u what happened..

the only bad thing that could happen is to have a nightmare.that woul be creepy:)

cal

--------------------
share and enjoy

Offlinetoofew
curiouslyincomplete
Male

Loc: sudbury, ontario
    #4177926 - 05/15/05 11:08 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------
lime and limpid green the sound surrounds the icy waters underground

Edited by toofew (05/15/05 11:09 AM)

Offlinegmand38
Stranger
Re: is it wise to trip while you sleep? [Re: toofew]
    #4447358 - 07/24/05 04:11 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Who knows, dont you sleep because your mind needs to recharge? Maybe if you slept while tripping youd just end up unconcious, but you wouldnt actually be able to gain any rest because your mind isnt capable of doing whatever it normally does while sleeping.

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
Re: is it wise to trip while you sleep? [Re: gmand38]
    #4447388 - 07/24/05 04:18 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I think your body recharges when you are awake, and your brain is most active when you sleep, or something like that...

I have never been able to sleep whilst tripping, good luck.

OfflineJabbawaya

Re: is it wise to trip while you sleep? [Re: Lysergic_Milkman]
    #4447477 - 07/24/05 04:46 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I think it would be terribly scary. I would never do it to myself.

I also don't fully understand the neurological changes that go through the brain when one sleeps, and whether or not it could be mentally distressing to trip while sleeping (or sleep while tripping). I think it would be, but that's my opinion.

--------------------

OfflineFungi_x
Firekeeper of OTD
I'm a teapot User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Michigan Flag
    #4447672 - 07/24/05 05:48 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I think that during deep sleep your brain makes serotonin. One of the effects of mushrooms on your brain from what I understand is to release massive amounts of serotonin. My guess is you will wake up as soon as you start tripping. That is is you can even fall asleep knowing you have shrooms in you :smirk:

Invisiblerod
Ψ
 User Gallery

Re: is it wise to trip while you sleep? [Re: Fungi_x]
    #4447708 - 07/24/05 05:56 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I dont think you can, tripping, your brain is alive, on fire.

Offlinepsychomime
o_O
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4447716 - 07/24/05 05:57 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

In my experience, the mushroom's have had a mild stimulant effect such that falling asleep is often hard after a taking them. Once after a particularly good trip I fell asleep with some amazing closed eye geometric patterning. on the question of tripping while sleeping, I don't think it would be dangerous. dunno if you'll remember anything the next morning though, I know I hardly ever do.

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
    #4447722 - 07/24/05 05:58 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Psilocin (psilocybin) is a serotonin inhibitor, so it stops the production of serotonin (or replaces serotonin with itself, i dont know which), which leads me to think that you cant sleep while tripping because of the body's inability to produce serotonin. But i really dont know, thats a comlex area to make speculations about.

OfflineReal_Poopypants
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Loc: Surrey, B.C.
    #4448336 - 07/24/05 08:31 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I took a very small dose once before going to bed. It wasn't even one whole mushroom, just the stem. About half an hour later I awoke from a dead sleep. I went from deep sleep to wide awake - there was no in between. The trip lasted less than an hour before I fell back to sleep. I had some very mild CEVs - just flashes of colour and there were no crazy dreams.

--------------------
Salvia Experiences:

First Time With Salvia

A Visit With The Queen

Mushroom Experiences:

My first mushroom trip changed my life.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Re: is it wise to trip while you sleep? [Re: Real_Poopypants]
    #4448971 - 07/24/05 11:22 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

It replaces it (the serotonin receptors). You probably just couldnt sleep.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinethaiiisticks
Stranger
Re: is it wise to trip while you sleep? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4449200 - 07/25/05 12:34 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

one time i had a party and all of the sudden it was 2:00 and everyone left except me and a friend... we cleaned up and made a drunken decision to eat the shrooms and sleep all the next day... well that didn't happen and i fell asleep on the couch while coming up.. i woke up at about 8 in my bed coming down. i still had that huge pupil rolling feeling and my blanket obviously felt so cool.. it was the best sleep ever.. i slept for another 2 hours (which was like solid logish sleep, which i never do) then went out for breakfast, smoked a bowl/cigarette and felt so energized i wanted to run a marathon...(much like when you get a bad bomb.. or one cut with way too much coke) anyway i think its safe unless you are really unstable, or deep into the everyday game realities such as jealousy, love, materialism.. that your brain (i don't want to say clears itself of, but more like processes) during i think its R.E.M. sleep... anyway dreaming is nuts and i don't think anyone has really figured it out.. but anyway...

--------------------
Hey, me no worry, hashish keep my eyes Chinese
Rollin two Phillies together make blunts Siamese
I meant it, I represent it, descendant made of
early natives that were captured and taught to think backwards
Trapped us in a cracker psychiatric, it's massive
A Million Man March, alert the masses
Ten glocks, Armani in small print, upon my glasses
Don assassins, armageddon, the wettin'
Never freakin the beast, seven heads, got the righteous threatened
Life Was Written, the plot curves behind the settin'

OfflineOakbear
Trust me, I'm anurse!
Male

Loc: UK
    #4449518 - 07/25/05 02:38 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Lysergic_Milkman said:
Psilocin (psilocybin) is a serotonin inhibitor, so it stops the production of serotonin (or replaces serotonin with itself, i dont know which), which leads me to think that you cant sleep while tripping because of the body's inability to produce serotonin. But i really dont know, thats a comlex area to make speculations about.

Psilcin isn't a serotonin inhibitor, but binds to serotonin recptors, and in some ways mimics serotonin. This MAY cause some reduction of certain serotoninergenic action, but i'm not aware of any evidence of this. (If people know more please enlighten me, the decent evidence is sparse!)

Serotonin's role in sleep isn't anywhere near a simple as 'Serotonin makes you sleep', and could actually have the opposite effect, depending on recptor type and neural pathway.

I've tried to sleep on a trip, but if i come up before going to sleep I can't get to sleep, and if i get to sleep, wake when i come up.
The only way it works for me is tiny doses to get some dreams, but i don't really get too much from it.

--------------------
UK Gathering? http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/6108350/an/0/page/0/gonew/1#UNREAD

"I'm no fucking Buddhist, but this is enlightenment"

Offlineiateshaggy
i haxor 360s
Male User Gallery

Loc: 612 Warf Avenue, next to....
Re: is it wise to trip while you sleep? [Re: Oakbear]
    #4449690 - 07/25/05 06:43 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

well, i guess i'm the exception to the rule, i've slept on cid, shrooms, foxy, tabs, and k (well who hasn't slept on k?) it was just like sleeping. sometimes you dream, sometimes you don't. with that said, here is how to sleep on drugs. you have to do alot of them for a while...so much that you don't even care you are on what ever drug you are on that night...and then go to sleep. sometimes that is the best rest you will ever get. every one hour is like 3. sometimes you sleep for 3 days strait. you're better of not wasting drugs on sleep unless the drugs are sleeping pills.

--------------------
You are a filipina sex goddess who wants to fuck me until I fall asleep, so then you can tickle my balls and see if the legend of my diamond filled nutsuck is true.  I am a white man from costa rica, who smells like lime jello.

I can flash/jtag/repair 360's, pm for details.

OfflineTurricaN
Grasshopper
Loc: Amersfoort, Netherlands
Re: is it wise to trip while you sleep? [Re: iateshaggy]
    #4449974 - 07/25/05 10:06 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I've wanted to try this too, having been interested in lucid dreaming for quite a while, I figured it might make them more likely to occur, longer, more vivid, etc.  I posted a similar topic a while ago.  I've also heard one report (though I can't remember where) who said that his sleep trip was so good that he would rather be asleep whilst tripping than awake, though there were no details as far as I can remember.  I don't know really though, I haven't tried it yet, but I will get around to it one day. :smile:

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: is it wise to trip while you sleep? [Re: TurricaN]
    #4458108 - 07/26/05 11:32 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

i believe melatonin is converted into seratonin during REM (active-dream sleep).

So if you wanted to sleep on shrooms you'd probably need to take an abornmally large supplement of melatonin (i'd say sublingually [chew it up, hold it under the tongue for 15 mins, then swallow]) shortly before the shrooms were taken. (or even an hour or more after?) and then hopefully the melatonin has you relaxed enough to fall asleep. You hit REM about 3 hours after going to bed [usually] so if you could time the shrooms to come up 3 hours after taking them, you could potentially have insane crazy dreams... but there is a lot of bad stuff that could happen, like you could wake up during REM TRIPPING BALLS and still be in SLEEP PARALYSIS and have no control over anything.

this is all just speculation.... but serotonin is at highest levels right before you wake up in the morning... and lowest at night, which is why shrooming probably wouldn't work well before going to bed.

and MJ seems to inhibit REM sleep, maybe tons of MJ with shrooms might help you fall asleep succesfully? I think mary messes with dopamine, but I'm basing that on hearsay and haven't looked it up.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Edited by leery11 (07/26/05 11:34 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies