Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
new species from Seattle,
    #444528 - 11/02/01 08:42 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Not sure if this will work. from digital camera, all psd files. Cannot figure out how to make them jpegs or bmaps.

I'll try to post one,

a gif,

the cap was coffee-light brown similar to a light P. stunzii, the small caps were conical and becoming flat and slightly campanulate with a small barely nitcible umbo, hygrophanous becoming straw yellow and bluing with golden tinges.

The stem was pure whit and bued quite softly as I will post in some photos later when they are developed since I have no access to camera in my home.

I will try to post a few more gifs of this image.

I have one print for Workman. It was growing in mulc

mj

Edited by mjshroomer (11/02/01 08:59 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: new species from Seattle, [Re: mjshroomer]
    #444539 - 11/02/01 08:51 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Sorry they are so small, I cannot figure out how to post them as big jpegs. And the color is not correct.

The blue looking ring on the second mushroom from the right is not the remnanats of a veil but an indent from my fingernail to cause an oxidation, and as previously mentioned, the color is off some what. This mushroom has no chestnut-reddish-caramel color like Psilocybe cyanescens.. They were found in Kent, Wasshington inan ofice building mulched garden.

Here is another shot.

At first they resembled a flat P. stuntzii, especially in the light brown coffee color of the cap, but they do not turn up becoming wavy like P. cyanescens nor do they have a ring. The stem as noted is pure white. I was not able to photograph them for several hours after collecting them so the color started to chang.

If I could convert them to jpegs they would be bigger and more interesting.

MJ

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #444542 - 11/02/01 08:55 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Here is another shot of the group which I will send some to Guzman and some to gartz.

mj

Edited by mjshroomer (11/02/01 09:00 AM)

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #444553 - 11/02/01 09:01 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #444558 - 11/02/01 09:08 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

oops!

observe the gold color of the quarter. COuld not get the color right so try to imagine a cooffee color-light brown tan changing color to a straw color. Ignore the chestnut color it is not the tryue color. Will have some photos in a few days.

mj

InvisiblePsylosymon
Carpal Tunnel

#444625 - 11/02/01 10:33 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

holy shit john,nice find!!!!!!
your luck amazes me,one day you get fucked around by your landlord and 3 days later you discover a new species!!!!! :)i hope this is a sign things will get better for you friend.

peace

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #444661 - 11/02/01 11:21 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

uhhhh..thats.. uh, ..alot of of new discoveries happening as of late.

i hope you got better close-up detailed pics with true color.

As always, thanks to M.shroom John for sharing another spectacular discovery with us!~

Keep shroomin,
gg

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: new species from Seattle, [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #444719 - 11/02/01 12:37 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Greatone, I am now homeless and without a camera. By the time I got to a friends business store to use his digital, which I did not know how to use, the color was already changing. I did get a few photos from a friends camera but have no idea yet what they will look like.
I am trying to see if my sister or brother in Florida will let me move in to their homes.

I am pretty freaked by all of this shit. Today the judge upheld the restraining order and not allowing me into my home until the thirteenth of the month. The managaer came to court with this girl and they said my constant typing drove everyone in the house crazy and I was up at all hours of the night watching movies and disturbing other members of the house.

I am allow to go there today for one hour to get a few things so I have some sporeprints to mail but cannot carry them around on the streets with me.

My life is really being fucked with by those around me and I only have a few serious real friends in this city and they are all out of town.

Evenmy ex partners from Raver Books will not help me or return over 900 mushroom books to me and they owe me some money but I cannot afford to fight anyone in court.

Later. I still havent heard from my sister in florida . she is pretty sick with cancer and chemotherapy.

Bye for now.

John

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #445655 - 11/03/01 12:07 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

:) ..u can live with me & Annie!!

im real damn serious too.
sarasota florida.

shroom on!~,
gg

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck