Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleyousuck
Stranger

Trip Quality: Species Vs Substrate
    #4446655 - 07/24/05 11:55 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I have only ever tripped on cubensis, i have only ever grown on grains. I had bought shrooms prior to growing them, and yet the experience between the bought ones has always been different than my grain cubes. My grains (millet) cubes can be described as a mindfuck, far more intense of a headhigh, 5g's being intense. All the ones ive ever bought, all being from seperate vendors have had more of a transcendental quality. Whereas 7g's of grain grown gave me a near death experience, ive taken 10g's of the purchased mushrooms and the trip could be described as much more peaceful and magical. So im led to believe what i purchased were poo based cubes, the caps being enormous and the trip being much different, and objectivly weaker.

So my question is:

1. has anyone observed a difference in trip quality and potentcy among grain and poo substrates using the cubensis species? how about wood?

2.Has anyone observed a difference in trip quality between (pann/psilo)cyan's, cubes, and azures?

It is my hypothesis that the different levels of psilocybin, psilocin, and baeoctycin(sp?) present in different species with the influence of different substrates produce the different qualities in trip IE transcendental, magical, mindfuck, body high etc...

now it must be figured out which of these 3 chemicals produce which effects.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBetaDelta
Stranger
Male
Re: Trip Quality: Species Vs Substrate [Re: yousuck]
    #4446662 - 07/24/05 11:57 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

It's a general understanding that cakes cased too Poo produces "stronger" mushrooms just the cakes alone. Also Pan Cyans's are usually and almost always stronger the cubes.
Take care

OfflineBigBallZMaN
Knowledge Quest

Loc: Washington, USA
Re: Trip Quality: Species Vs Substrate [Re: BetaDelta]
    #4446817 - 07/24/05 01:06 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

It doesnt have a whole lot to do with the substrate or anything. It comes down to strain of mushrooms. Mushrooms have an entity. Each entity is different. Mushrooms come from different parts of the world. You most likely had 2 completly different strains from the venders to yours. While what you grow them on might affect potency, the difference in the trip comes down to what strain they are and what part of the world the strain comes from.

--------------------
Our body is light, we are immortal.
Our body is love, we are eternal.
Eternal..

Omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent, without judgment.

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: Trip Quality: Species Vs Substrate [Re: BigBallZMaN]
    #4446831 - 07/24/05 01:10 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Many things factor into "potency".

Cubes will always slighy vary in pysilo/ben/cin and beocrystin...Whether it's you screwing with subs. or the mushroom blueing or a million other damn factors.

Cyans will ALWAYS have more than cubes, BUT, everyone you eat, will pretty much always diff a little bit in each chemical.

Pretty much the same with every other Genus :wink:

I'd like to know which has what type of an effect as well.

I kno what you're talking about and damn, I miss that kind of trip. And that's why I haven't done mushies in awhile...:shrug:

-Gnostic

Invisibleyousuck
Stranger

Re: Trip Quality: Species Vs Substrate [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #4446993 - 07/24/05 02:09 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

I kno what you're talking about and damn, I miss that kind of trip. And that's why I haven't done mushies in awhile..

which one, the mindfuck or the transcendental?

Quote:

It comes down to strain of mushrooms. Mushrooms have an entity. Each entity is different. Mushrooms come from different parts of the world.

ill have to agree with you on that one, but i havent tried any more strain than the cambo's ive been working with to know that for sure, though i did manage to take a print from the fields of florida and am experimenting with that. Either way ive kinda thought that the species would have different entities, and not the strains.

Ive heard too that poo produces stronger shrooms, but whether i pick em from the fields or aquire poo grown ones, they always seem to be weaker than my grain grown ones, almost as if you can only get so high off of them, like a potentcy cap, IE increases in trip levels must be achieved by logarithmic/exponential increases in dosage.

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: Trip Quality: Species Vs Substrate [Re: yousuck]
    #4447088 - 07/24/05 02:45 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I was referring to the one where everything feels so beautiful and so on...Where it's more so an experience of life than just getting "fucked up"...

Quote:

Ive heard too that poo produces stronger shrooms

More nutes = More chemicals.

But like I said, the chemicals in each mushy vary, No matter what it's grown on...So it's hard to say what the trip will be like.

It all depends on state of mind, what you ate before hand, why you're taking them, what you grew them on, and what they produced (chemical wise...not HOW MUCh, but of how much of each Chemical...)

That's about as simplistic as it gets.

-Gnostic

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds