Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKingkole
im not a noob...im a a doob

Loc: canadiana
just hoping to clear up a few questions.
    #4445817 - 07/24/05 03:01 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Hey i had some random questions about bulk grows and building a good fruiting chamber.

My first questions are about spawn, in this grow log Here the guys uses instant white rice and says it colonized quite quickly.

-Because the mycelium grows fast through the rice would this make it a good spawn for H-poo?

-after the rice colonizes can i just break up the spawn and mix the spawn and the H-poo in a regular zip lock freezer bag, then toss the bag into the incubation chamber? I remember reading that plastic bags let some gas exchange through.

So my plan is to use Either a Eq or B+ LC to colonize the rice then spawn to H=poo then case and fruit in 4 cup plastic containers with tape or some other way of keeping light away from the clear sides.

I would put the casing in a fruiting chamber and i had some questions about that too.

-I was wondering what the lowest temp a fruiting chamber should be.

- is using perlight on the bottom of the fruiting chamber going to be to moist for the casing? I read some where that casings don't need as much Moisture in the air.

-If i hook up a fish tank bubbler to the fruiting chamber will that move the air around enough that i wouldn't have to fan? Or should i fan 2-3 times a day still?

thanks in advance and if i can get this right ill post a nice big grow log.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSaitama
A Life Of Optical Delusion
I'm a teapot

Re: just hoping to clear up a few questions. [Re: Kingkole]
    #4445887 - 07/24/05 03:35 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I dont think you need perlite if your are going to case.

--------------------
Find helpful teks:
A.M.U. Teks

:mushroom2:MonoTubs Are Life:mushroom2:

"I am the watcher, and the watched, I bring me together."

OfflineBenKenobi
Enlightened 1
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: just hoping to clear up a few questions. [Re: Saitama]
    #4445934 - 07/24/05 04:11 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Cant help u much with the spawn questions but in regards to the casings...

Casings dont need as high a RH as cakes but they will be fine at a high RH even so. They get a lot more moisture from the casin layer and hence dont need to absorb as much from the air. Perlite and a fish tank bubbler will work fine (PMP). I have my casings in a PMP with a relativly high RH and get ok results. Even thou u got the fish tank bubbler i would still recommend fannings.

--------------------
Old Ben

I beleive that my job in mappin the impulse pathways of a single neuron can allow us to open a mecca into the quailitative functions of the human geno...

Please support your local free spore ring by sendin back prints from successful grows, FSRE

OfflineKingkole
im not a noob...im a a doob

Loc: canadiana
Re: just hoping to clear up a few questions. [Re: BenKenobi]
    #4445968 - 07/24/05 04:26 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Okay IL fan too, but the area I'm doing it in is all musty and full of dust, it i spray with a bleach/water solution and let it settle before i open and fan will it be fine?

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
Re: just hoping to clear up a few questions. [Re: Kingkole]
    #4445987 - 07/24/05 04:37 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

You can use any colonized substrate to spawn to horse poo.

Just break it up really good...or grind it up if need be.

If your gonna use Ziplock bags...poke some holes in the bag with a pin after you put it in your incubator.
Plastic bags don't allow gas exchange without holes.

--

lowest temp that I like to fruit at is 73 degrees F.

you don't need perlite for casings...you can just mist the sides of the container.

a bubbler system in the fruiting chamber will move the air around pretty good.
I have used them.

tc

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix