Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Website Announcements and Feature Feedback

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in
Related Threads box
    #4445788 - 07/24/05 04:50 AM (12 years, 30 days ago)

sorry if this has been asked befor but how come most of the related threads are so OLD?!
i like reading trip reports but i'm too lazy to dig'em up most of the time but when i see a trip report on the related threads box its just easy but then i find out it's like two years old so even if i had anything to contribute to the thread i wouldn't want to dig it out...

can you maybe make the related threads more relevant by adding some sort of time frame/prefrance or something?
i bet there are more then ten related threads to each thread so make the box prefer new ones over old ones

how DOES it work anyway?

oh and this is off topic but i was also wondering if you can fix the fact that every time i post something on a "favorit topic" it says there's a new post... the problame is that you have to actualy use the link from my home in order to make it appear as if there's no new post on that thread so you'll know when someone alse HAS posted on that thread (obviusly i don't care to know I posted on that thread i already know THAT)

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:

Edited by simisu (07/24/05 04:57 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleYthanA
٩(●̮•̃)۶
Male

Loc: NY/MA/VT Borderlands, USA Flag
Re: Related Threads box [Re: Simisu]
    #4446076 - 07/24/05 07:51 AM (12 years, 30 days ago)

Hey,

The related threads functionality works by parsing a thread, pulling out the most common keywords, then searching for the closest matches in the forum. I'm hesitant to add a date limit because a lot of times there are relevant posts from months or years ago. It would be possible to do this on a forum by forum basis though, maybe it would make sense to search only recent threads for certain forums. I'd like to hear other members' thoughts on this. Is it a good idea, what's a good time-frame, which forums should be included, etcetera?

Also I will look into the favorite topic problem, I vaguely remember this coming up a while ago and I thought it was fixed but apparently not.

Edit: Okay, I think this should be fixed. Please let me know if you notice any more problems with the favorite threads.

Thanks for the feedback!

Peace,

-Y

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in Flag
Re: Related Threads box [Re: Ythan]
    #4446729 - 07/24/05 02:23 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

i have no doubt there might be more related stuff that go way back i was thinking it should be something like this...
lets say you have 6 common key words right so i guess not all ten related threads use all the key words... so lets say that all related threads with ALL the key words matched get put on the list but THEN you give prefrance to newer posts? (for matches under the full match?)

i also like the idea of making it a forum by forum thing... certenly at the pub, S&P, music art & litrature, marketplace and OTD you'd like to keep it as time relevent as possible IMHO anyway...

well... thanks alot
i should also add that this is THE most user friendly BB i've ever been to and all of you are doing a very good job which does not go unnoticed so THANKS!

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Website Announcements and Feature Feedback