Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Hemp

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineKairoAnnunaki
Stranger
This has opened my mind.
    #4445427 - 07/24/05 02:51 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

You don't have to respond to this post. Just read if you want. It's just sort of a revelation to me. Or a realization in a way. Something.

But I think. I don't really understand it. I don't know if it's a fact either. But I believe that cannabis has opened my mind more than my mind has ever been in my life.

I understand why it's illegal. It's because if everyone got high all the time, no one would do their job. The economy would fall. No one would have money to buy it. Alcohol is like, the #1 abused drug in America. I'm pretty sure if weed was illegal it would be too. Alcohol closes the mind, it's no wonder the drug is legal also. It closes the mind. What were people thinking when they made alcohol legal? They probably had closed minds!

I know people are worried about ego sometimes. I didn't really get it as to why. I guess it is having to do with the wrong ego. The wrong self esteem. The wrong confidence, too much confidence too.

And that so much things can happen in this life and this world, people saying negative things with real negative attitude like, "YOU ARE WRONG BLAH BLAH CURSE CURSE", can bring someone's confidence down. But I believe that when someone realizes this eventually, their confidence can never be knocked down again even through the roughest of times. They just get back up and keep fighting. They may have done some wrong things in their lives, but they have righted the wronging. Something all these other people in this world don't take into consideration, and it separates us.

That night when I broke down crying because of so much stuff that went on in my life. I came to realize at the end, I was mortal. I reached for a drug thinking it would go away and make me numb. When it turned out that wasn't enough. And I kept wanting, and wanting, and wanting more and more. Because that's what we do. We want. We reach for more. We are reaching for something. Because we ARE mortal. Until finally after that last reach we've grabbed something that we know for a fact is true. And we hang onto it. Because it's positive. It's strong and we know it will never let us go.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: This has opened my mind. [Re: KairoAnnunaki]
    #4445442 - 07/24/05 02:55 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I'm pretty sure if weed was illegal it would be too.

Soon it will be.  :stoned:

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineDrink_Punk_Soda
Now with ExtraVaganza!?
 Arcade Champion: Maeda Line, Moon Patrol

Loc: Nowhere fast
    #4445480 - 07/24/05 03:06 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

First, your avatar is awesome, it looks like a wicked pissed off Mog or something.

As for your post- Knowing that you are mortal is a powerful thing. The phrase "a race against time" sums it up. You've only got so many days to walk on this rock, so make the most of it. You can think of it two ways:

Live every day like it is your first
or
Live every day like it is your last

Either way, Incubus says it best with "Don't ever let life pass you by."

--------------------

Kumbayah my lord, Kumbayah...

OfflineKairoAnnunaki
Stranger
Re: This has opened my mind. [Re: Drink_Punk_Soda]
    #4447554 - 07/24/05 07:15 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks very much.

Yeah I couldn't agree with you more on that actually. That's true, very true. Sometimes though it's kind of fun to live a day like it's the last, if you know what I mean. Sort of, it gets so boring you wish there was some sort of adventure. But then again if that sort of adventure came you probably wouldn't want it. Hm. Even if nukes did fall, it's not like that's the end of the world either, if you think about it.

But no, I couldn't agree with you more.

Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
    #4447568 - 07/24/05 07:22 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I like what you wrote. I often think the difference between the good people versus the bad people and the non-assholes versus the assholes is self awareness for instance, good people know they're bad so they try to be good, non-assholes know they really are assholes so they try not to be.

Similarly, people who feel they are in hell feel compassion for others and try to ease their load, while people who think they're in heaven or going to heaven step all over others and treat them like dirt.

Self-awareness.

--------------------
...or something

Offlinecrunchytoast
oppositional

Loc: aporia
Re: This has opened my mind. [Re: eve69]
    #4449440 - 07/25/05 03:56 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

damn that sucks eve69
that's so depressing for me to read

why do i try to be good to others? i need to feel connected
the feeling of connection to everything around me from drugs- there's nothing like it
and coming down, i now know i'm connected, but how do i feel that way?
i've got to be good to others for one thing
i've got to treat my life as though it's part of a whole
treat my body as matter that flows into the star system the earth is a part of at my death
be able to point and say, hey i did something good for somebody, and here are the effects, and i'm part of this cause and effect chain bigger than myself

but i dunno, that's what it is for me
and i wonder about people in general, maybe everyone has a benevolent quality

like, love is a part of us or something
uh, i dunno

despite all the fear, i think people are basically good, i guess that's what i'm trying to say

but to hold this hypothesis, a person would have to believe that fear saturates basically everything, otherwise there's no way to explain all the cruelty, television, anorexia, materialism etc

--------------------
"consensus on the nature of equilibrium is usually established by periodic conflict." -henry kissinger

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: This has opened my mind. [Re: crunchytoast]
    #4449522 - 07/25/05 04:40 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

"
Fear saturates everything"

Well, not quite everything, wouldn't you agree? :smile:  I think love is the creative energy/force of our known universe. I have proposed this before. Fear is love. Sounds weird huh. :grin: Well it is. My guessing from thinking and experience is, the Universe is in a flow state, like a river.  When that energy is dammed or eddied and unable to flow freely for some temporary reason, that stuckness feels like fear, or hate, or the dark side.Once you free it again and it flows it becomes what it was, Love.  That's why a human can be hurting/fearing/hating based on what happened in a tramatic childhood lets say. And through some means, let's for example say a dose of psychedelics or therapy or something totally different, the have a breakthrough. That fear driven person changes and becomes a loving one. They had a "breakthrough", they freed up that energy flow in their lives. Or something like this. :grin: :heart: What you think? :mushroom2:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

#4449713 - 07/25/05 09:27 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

KairoAnnunaki said:
I understand why it's illegal. It's because if everyone got high all the time, no one would do their job. The economy would fall. No one would have money to buy it.

yeah, wouldn't that be great. everyone sitting around stoned, not doing anything.

i don't agree with any substance being illegal. alcohol was never made legal; it was made and accepted into culture from the beginning, like any drug should be.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: This has opened my mind. [Re: alsey]
    #4449764 - 07/25/05 10:28 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Alcohol was illegal, Prohibition! If you're an American at least.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Edited by Icelander (07/25/05 10:28 AM)

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #4449792 - 07/25/05 10:49 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

KairoAnnunaki said:
I understand why it's illegal. It's because if everyone got high all the time, no one would do their job. The economy would fall. No one would have money to buy it. 

I think this is an incorrect assumption, that marijuana usage inevitably results in irresponsibility and inaction in everyone. Why, some of us get high specifically to do our jobs. :wink:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlinecrunchytoast
oppositional

Loc: aporia
Re: This has opened my mind. [Re: Icelander]
    #4450075 - 07/25/05 12:41 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

i can see that, i mean, fear is basically like wanting to protect something, it comes from a positive drive in that sense

how does fear turn into love? im not sure but dont doubt that it can

--------------------
"consensus on the nature of equilibrium is usually established by periodic conflict." -henry kissinger

OfflineDoom
Rogue

Loc: ghost-train city
Re: This has opened my mind. [Re: crunchytoast]
    #4450248 - 07/25/05 01:31 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Alcohol closes the mind

ah, so this explains why so many amazing writers were alcoholics.

OfflineKairoAnnunaki
Stranger
Re: This has opened my mind. [Re: Doom]
    #4460350 - 07/27/05 04:14 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I was thinking though, when watching the History channel. The China opium crisis. And I thought, "Well hmm". But then I thought, well if they made pot as legal as alcohol I don't believe there would be a problem at all, and if you enforced the same laws as alcohol.

About alcohol closing the mind. I know it does it you abuse it. But then I may be wrong, it may just be the person after all. I did to me though.

Edited by KairoAnnunaki (07/27/05 04:15 PM)

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

#4460369 - 07/27/05 04:20 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Drugs don't close or open your mind. You open or close it yourself.

--------------------
PsyPost - Psychedelic Research

OfflineNignugnot
Funkphiler
Loc: Northwest Ar
    #4704403 - 09/24/05 10:29 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

On the illegality of cannibus, this plant was legal in America before 1937. During the prohibition people smoked in hashish bars. I want to say this year 1912, at this years world fair the prince of Saudi Arabia sent gifts to the World Fair and America in the form of Hookas and hashish confections, hashish chocolates. You should actually buy something like "Russel Stovers" chocolates with hash in them. It wasn't untill 1937 and the depression which brought in a bunch of illegal immagrant from Mexico into the Southwest that the National Government started considering "marijuana", which acutally is a made up word that was used to sound illicet and hispanic. If you could see the communities that the hispanics built to live in SW you would find lots of hemp and Cannibus sativa/indica. The general thought was that these immagrents would take white jobs, and to provent that they needed to go. One thing they all had in common was cannibus. If you made cannibus illegal then you can legaly deport those "crimminal" miscreants. That is the frist reason of three. Second being the availability of hemp for making all sorts of products. Hemp can make paper, oil, gas, food, rope, building materials and lots more all along being a renewable resource... William Randolf Hurst, or better known for being the journalism mougal in the early 1900's, also owned a lot of timber cutting land and companies for his newspapers. Hemp would have brought those to a level on inefficenty to the extent that he couldn't economicly keep them... So he calls his friends in Washington, to which he helped get ellected with corrupt journalism and loads of money, and they remembered the friend with the newspapers and started thinking some more on this wierd and lovely plants. Reason three, and I'm dead serious you can find this out for yourselfs, In congress there were hearings in which "experts" and other activists called congress to crimanlized cannibus because black jazz artist were seducing white women with this evil incarnate. If you watch "Reffer Maddness" you will find a joke to this extent in the background. There are recorded minutes of these proceedings and you can find them. And for those of you who don't know cannibus is legal in one state: Alaska. You can grow/own up to an ounce of the finest cannibus, in your private residences only. What's so fucked up about this? You police came to your school and lied to you when you were 5 years old! They know nothing on the effects of Delta 9-tetracannibonol. A study put out by Daina Biel who used to work for the DEA, I believe or some other gov. drug agency, has linked THC to the production of Gluterol or Glutamate, I forget. Now go ask a psycologist what gluterol doesn and he will tell you that this neurotransmitter is linked to learning capacity and taste! Anyone see a why food tastes so good with smoke??? This is too long for anyone person to read. But I feel it was necessary becaue we have enough people giving in to the bold lie of the downsides of marijuana. I'll give you that each individual will treat a substance different but chemically cannibus is very very safe for you even the smoke. One note on the smoke, Daina Beil also states that the carcinogens in cigerettes actully will keep your lung cells alive so that the poisons can mutate the cells, wereas THC and other cannibus metabolites will kill your cells thus not leting cancer seep in! Lung Cells REGERERATE. Anyway PLEASE to all that is holy DONT HELP THE LIERS AND GIVE THEM BENIFIT OF THE DOUBT. THEY ARE WRONG. CANNIBUS HAVE BEEN USED FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS. WAY BEFORE BOOZE. As our emperor of hemp will tell you "Peace, Love and Hempiness."

--------------------
I'm an asymtope, neva gonna catch me!

Edited by Nignugnot (09/24/05 10:32 AM)

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #4704421 - 09/24/05 10:41 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

you did, "blame the drugs".. :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Hemp

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology