Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleBi0TeK
elephant man

Loc: Yorkshire Moors, Great Br...
earliest dream you can recall from childhood
    #4443941 - 07/23/05 05:40 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Whats the earliest dream you can recall from childhood?

The first dream I can recall was when I was only 3 and living in Delaware.

It was night time and I was being chased along the road outside my house by a giant.

He was so tall I could only see up to his shoulders, his head being obscured by clouds lol  :grin:

My friends say they can't remember any of their dreams from childhood. Strange that as I remember quite a few vividly..

--------------------

--------------------
PROMOTE BACTERIA. THEY'RE THE ONLY CULTURE SOME PEOPLE HAVE.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: earliest dream you can recall from childhood [Re: Bi0TeK]
    #4443944 - 07/23/05 05:42 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I remember this one where I had planted a buncha chile plants on the hill behind my house. and when I went up there to water them one day t-rex was munching them down. I was sad.

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: earliest dream you can recall from childhood [Re: CptnGarden]
    #4443950 - 07/23/05 05:46 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I shoulda hired him to guard me ganj. :wink:

InvisibleBi0TeK
elephant man

#4443951 - 07/23/05 05:46 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

ShroomieOfDoomie said:
when I went up there to water them one day t-rex was munching them down. I was sad.

shit, I'd have been more worried about the t-rex than the chillies lol

--------------------

--------------------

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
    #4443957 - 07/23/05 05:49 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I remember quite a few very vividly. I had two 'themes' One was snakes. They usually killed me in my dream and I'd be all dead, hearing and seeing the things that go on through my dead eyeballs. I wasn't afraid of snakes in waking life, tho. Just in my dreams.

2: A nightmare on Sesame Street. I'd be partying it up with Big Bird, Snuffalupagus and the gang with my family and stuff, and then we'd get kidnapped by bad guys and taken to a dark cave. Sometimes people would try and find a way out of the cave and die. Or they would fall in a bottomless pit or something. I remember Big Bird trying to fly out the roof, but he never learned how to fly, so it didn't work out for him too well.

I guess I had a lot of nightmares as a kid. My mom told me that when things get scary, chances are...it's a dream. As soon as I realize that it is a dream, I can control it! All I had to do was stand still and swallow the spit in my mouth three times. 1 and 2 was always easy, but #3 was a challenge. I'd be starting to panic and doubting myself, trying to swallow my spit for the last time....and I did it!

Then I wake up. Never failed. Three spit swallows = saftey of reality.

Yea dreams are fun. Moreso before adolecence.

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #4443983 - 07/23/05 05:56 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Mine is a recurring nightmare I had every night for a week, when I was about 4-5.

In the dream my mother, brother, and myself lived in the same house we did at the time but my without my father. We also had no electricity. In the dream I knew I was never supposed to go into either the basement or attic, because they were haunted.

Every night for 5-6 nights the dream was EXACTLY the same, and involved the three of us sitting down in the kitchen to eat by candlelight. There was a perfectly circular hole cut into the floor, going down into the basement, in the corner of the kitchen. A matching hole was cut in the kitchen ceiling, leading to the attic. Each night the dream would end with a ghost (a white bedsheet with a flaming halloween pumpkin for a head) floating up through the hole in the floor and up into the attic. I woke up every night at this point screaming, and it usually toke both my parents to calm me down :smirk:

Then, on the LAST night I ever had this dream...it was all different. Same house, same story...but instead of dinner time it was afternoon. My little brother and I were standing at the bottom of the staircase leading to the basement, in front of the door that ALWAYS stayed closed. I wanted to know what was in there, and was trying to convince my brother to go in and look.

Finally I convinced him. He opened the door and went into the basement, closing the door behind him. Only a few seconds later the door opened back up and my brother flopped out into my arms. He was convulsing and pasty white, and I knew he was dying because of something he saw in the basement.

I woke up again screaming, except this time I had to be convinced that I had not, in fact, killed my little brother :crazy:

Never had the dream again, after that...but the memory of those nights has stuck with me as fresh as if it happened yesterday.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflineTwister
Lucrative
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: earliest dream you can recall from childhood [Re: CherryBom]
    #4443999 - 07/23/05 06:03 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

The first dream I remember is also one of the most frightening I've ever had. First, I was walking along a road and it was pitch black out except I could see that there was a line of trees on each side of the road. Suddenly I came upon an old run down house and I was already pretty scared so I headed in to the house for safety. So I went into the house and looked around and it was just as scary as outside so I tried to get out but I was trapped. Then weird dark beings started to show up outside of the windows and I tried my hardest to scream but absolutely nothing came out. I woke up hysterical soon after that.

Invisiblethegatewaydrug
my burning sunwill some dayrise

Loc: wherever i may roam
Re: earliest dream you can recall from childhood [Re: Twister]
    #4444004 - 07/23/05 06:05 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Twister351 said:
The first dream I remember is also one of the most frightening I've ever had. First, I was walking along a road and it was pitch black out except I could see that there was a line of trees on each side of the road. Suddenly I came upon an old run down house and I was already pretty scared so I headed in to the house for safety. So I went into the house and looked around and it was just as scary as outside so I tried to get out but I was trapped. Then weird dark beings started to show up outside of the windows and I tried my hardest to scream but absolutely nothing came out. I woke up hysterical soon after that.

o shit dude.... i was just about to write the same thing... (without the screamin part). i swear to god that sounds exactly like the first dream i can remmeber...wierd

--------------------
May God have mercy upon my enemies, because i won't.

General George S. Patton
:paranoid:

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: earliest dream you can recall from childhood [Re: thegatewaydrug]
    #4444012 - 07/23/05 06:06 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I tried my hardest to scream but absolutely nothing came out

I've had that happen many times in dreams! Not being able to scream is almost more terrifying than whatever it is that's making me want to scream in the first place :smirk:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #4444013 - 07/23/05 06:06 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

My first nightmare.

I was a farmer. I was carrying this bucket from the little shack I lived in to go get water at the top of the hill with a metal bucket.

I went back and forth probably a dozen times before I realized the bucket had a hole in it.

No matter WHAT I did, I could not stop the hole from leaking. So it's like all my trips to the top of the hill were worthless. And I kept trying to get more water, but it would leak out everytime, no matter what I did to repair the whole.

I woke up sobbing.

I think I might have been close to 6 or 7.

OfflineTwister
Lucrative
Male User Gallery

Re: earliest dream you can recall from childhood [Re: thegatewaydrug]
    #4444018 - 07/23/05 06:08 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Thats crazy. I'm not sure when I had it but I think I was either 4 or 5. The screaming part was the worst because I knew that if I could only make some noise I would be saved, but no matter how hard I tried not a squeak came out.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: earliest dream you can recall from childhood [Re: MOTH]
    #4444023 - 07/23/05 06:09 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I guess it's not surprising that some of the most memorable dreams always turn out to be nightmares.

--------------------

OfflineTwister
Lucrative
Male User Gallery

Re: earliest dream you can recall from childhood [Re: trendal]
    #4444033 - 07/23/05 06:11 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

trendal said:
I tried my hardest to scream but absolutely nothing came out

I've had that happen many times in dreams! Not being able to scream is almost more terrifying than whatever it is that's making me want to scream in the first place :smirk:

Not being able to scream has being a recurring element in alot of my nightmares.  Also, if I'm trying to get away from someone or something in a dream I can't run.  I have to  bend over and pull myself with the grass to to move at more than a snails pace.

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
    #4444035 - 07/23/05 06:12 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

i was in my old house with my dog and the count from seseme street wanted in, but he was "wrong" he was scary.

i ended up being chased around the house by big bird who came in through the back, then hiding in the pantry till i woke up,,, scary shit man.

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

Invisiblethegatewaydrug
my burning sunwill some dayrise

Loc: wherever i may roam
Re: earliest dream you can recall from childhood [Re: Todcasil]
    #4444038 - 07/23/05 06:13 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

sesame scares me even when they arent evil :shiftyeyes:

--------------------
May God have mercy upon my enemies, because i won't.

General George S. Patton
:paranoid:

InvisibleBi0TeK
elephant man

#4444040 - 07/23/05 06:13 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Anyone ever had those nightmares as a kid when your being chased but its like your trudging through glue or something and they're catching up on you?

--------------------

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

#4444043 - 07/23/05 06:14 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Also, if I'm trying to get away from someone or something in a dream I can't run. I have to bend over and pull myself with the grass to to move at more than a snails pace.

Something pretty similar happened to me in my first salvia breakthrough. I was trying to run, to get away from my bedroom, but my feet were kind of attached to a zipper on the floor. I tried moving as hard as I could, but could only shuffle my feet along the ground :frown:

--------------------

InvisibleBi0TeK
elephant man

#4444053 - 07/23/05 06:15 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Twister351 said:
Also, if I'm trying to get away from someone or something in a dream I can't run.  I have to  bend over and pull myself with the grass to to move at more than a snails pace.

haha, got there before me!  :grin:

--------------------

--------------------

OfflineAvatarofAtavism
Stranger

Loc: canada
    #4444104 - 07/23/05 06:25 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Can't pinpoint the earliest, they all seem to meld together.

There was this beast made entirely of crude oil, and other black bits of stuff.  Tickled me to death in my bed.

There was an endless expansive field of 'spongy' material.  Depending on how I moved around the field, the degree and texture of the spongyness would change.  Like, if I was trying to walk, it would feel a certain way.  But if I picked up speed, it would feel entirely different.  If I tried a different gait, it would feel different yet again.  Crawling,rolling,hopping,ect..  all different qualities of 'sponge'.  For whatever reason, all I wanted to feel was to have NO sponge qualities at all.  Be no matter what I did, it would only -change- the qualities.  Weird thing to find frightening I think.  Certainly weirder than getting tickled to death.

I can think of a few more, but those stick out as being really early.  The sponge thing happened a few times, although with slight differences.  Maybe I was afraid of my mattress while sleeping. :laugh:

--------------------
Do not despair, said the mystery. You will always have a friend in me. Untill the day you break my code. Then I will be gone, and you are free...
to manifest another.

OfflinePuZuZu
Board Bum
 User Gallery

Loc: Idaho (USA)
Re: earliest dream you can recall from childhood [Re: AvatarofAtavism]
    #4444557 - 07/23/05 08:09 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Angels sitting on red carpet. Pretty ones that look like cherubs in a painting with alot of gold on. Or ones of me in my grandparent's pool drowning with my parents laughing at the sittuation. I almost drowned in the pool once lol.

--------------------
"If you worried about falling off the bike, you would never get on."
Lance Armstrong

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order