Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJutboy
I guess I'm cool

Help Please!!!! (Air Exchange/Humdifier Problem)
    #4435047 - 07/21/05 06:50 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Ok...well my first grow went alright...I got about Oz's off 16 cakes.

Some cakes didn't grow all - all of them did sparce growing and at all different times.

So (as I covered in a post before) I went down the list (temp, check, light, check, humidity, check, air exchange ????)

I have a setup just like the Magic Mushroom Grow Guide but expanded to four chambers...

Magic Mushroom Grow Guide Link

Heres a pick (click on for bigger one)

I'm using a ultrasonic humdifier with four tubes (as you should see)...now I was thinking of putting a computer fan that blows into four tubes that blow into each chamber...I was told in the chat room it would dry things out.

They said use a cool mist humdifier, sweet, I went to the local salvation army, there were two of them but they were both ultrasonic humidifiers. (One clearly said Cool Mist on the top and then a little ultrasonic humidifier on the sidea (and it looked just like mine), the other said Ultrasonic humidifier with Cool mist spray....anyway....

Sorry for the long post but please tell me what you think....I want better results with my 16 new golden teachers waiting to be born!!!!

Peace- Jutboy

p.s. I was thinking increasing the tube size???? I'm using 5/16 inch inner diameter vinyl tubing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinearchetypal
Stranger
Re: Help Please!!!! (Air Exchange/Humdifier Problem) [Re: Jutboy]
    #4435058 - 07/21/05 06:53 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

aquarium pumps or computer fans or some way of forcing air exchange is a must... It may be difficult with several coolers, try a greenhouse to get enough air and space for your fruit

OfflineJutboy
I guess I'm cool

Re: Help Please!!!! (Air Exchange/Humdifier Problem) [Re: archetypal]
    #4435126 - 07/21/05 07:06 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

It would be nice but its not good with my roommates...not that it would matter THAT much but I figure safety is best and what they don't know they can't tell

I found the shroom WIKI and what I think I found at the salvation army was a miss name (or falsely named) humidifier....it didn't have any fan on it at all.

What I want (I think) what I found at another salvation army....it looks like a fan with a resevour of water below it and then a filter to the side of it...I know I looked at them and the filters were pretty shot....is that ok...should I just get a new one?

Thanks again

OfflineHippieChick
Chicks can do it too!
Female User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Trusted Cultivator
    #4435206 - 07/21/05 07:23 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Hey, what's up ?

Why don't you go ahead and get one of thoses "coolmists" you saw.
You can splice it into your current line with about $.75 worth of PVC.

I believe the one that says coolmist on it might be like a regular coolmist, as far as air goes, but might also produce a little more humidity then a regular one ?

At least you will get air exchange. You're doing cakes . I don't believe it can be too humid for cakes.

Good Luck.

Peace,Love,Happiness and Harmony.
:heart: Hippie Chick  :mushroom2:

--------------------
Peace,Love and Happiness
:heart: HC :mushroom2:

Freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose..............

I LUV My Greenhouse
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5545848#5545848

My First Pans
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6212058#6212058

OfflineJutboy
I guess I'm cool

Re: Help Please!!!! (Air Exchange/Humdifier Problem) [Re: HippieChick]
    #4435288 - 07/21/05 07:40 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

My humidity is perfect..I have a nice digital measure for it....

OfflineHippieChick
Chicks can do it too!
Female User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Trusted Cultivator
    #4435651 - 07/21/05 09:12 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Jutboy said:
My humidity is perfect..I have a nice digital measure for it....

Great. So hook up the coolmist humidifier to take care of your FAE problem. The added humidity won't hurt. Cakes can be fruited between 95% - 100% humidity. It'll be different if you were doing casings.

Peace,Love,Happiness and Harmony.
:heart: Hippie Chick  :mushroom2:

--------------------
Peace,Love and Happiness
:heart: HC :mushroom2:

Freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose..............

I LUV My Greenhouse
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5545848#5545848

My First Pans
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6212058#6212058

Offlinered914
Minion
Loc: Utah
Re: Help Please!!!! (Air Exchange/Humdifier Problem) [Re: HippieChick]
    #4435839 - 07/21/05 10:04 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Ya all tensed up, Son! Ya gotta relax! Ya went down the list? right! Which one was off? Take a chest and concentrate on getting each exactly right. RH to 100, little bit of air flow... You relaxing... Spawn nice and clean, no funny smells or colors? Good! Ya let the cakes sit there til there ready to pop. Myc growing all over the place again. Take a cake, in the morning, with a little water in a plastic bag, put it in direct sun light for about 10 minutes. Take it out of the bag, tag it, put it back in the box. Look at it tonight, should have some pins! Ive tried all kinds of light. I finally did as I discribed, and BEFORE my eyes, pins poped out! Some lights work, others don't, the sun always does. Only 10 min!
You maybe want to think about trying edible oyster mushrooms. (with roommates and all) Your all set up! IT is good practice, they taste wonderful, and buys cover! Just a thought.

Offlinelardnar
Pu Pu Platter
Male

Loc: Behind what appears
Re: Help Please!!!! (Air Exchange/Humdifier Problem) [Re: red914]
    #4435947 - 07/21/05 10:30 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

red914 said:
Take a cake, in the morning, with a little water in a plastic bag, put it in direct sun light for about 10 minutes. Take it out of the bag, tag it, put it back in the box. Look at it tonight, should have some pins! Ive tried all kinds of light. I finally did as I discribed, and BEFORE my eyes, pins poped out! Some lights work, others don't, the sun always does. Only 10 min!

Good idea! I'll try this tomorrow.

--------------------
If your soul is sence this life is lost ...

Offlinemky
MadMan
 User Gallery
Loc: If you know tell me
    #4436018 - 07/21/05 10:48 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I had to use a garden hose instead of the 5/16 inch hose described in mmgg to get enough volume of air in my cooler. I also eliminated all the expansion 2-litres.

--------------------
http://www.coopamerica.org/

Offlinelardnar
Pu Pu Platter
Male

Loc: Behind what appears
Re: Help Please!!!! (Air Exchange/Humdifier Problem) [Re: mky]
    #4439331 - 07/22/05 05:50 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

dang red you know what I tried it and 3 hours latter i checked nad have knotting

thanks bud :smile:

--------------------
If your soul is sence this life is lost ...

OfflineJutboy
I guess I'm cool

Re: Help Please!!!! (Air Exchange/Humdifier Problem) [Re: lardnar]
    #4440607 - 07/22/05 10:48 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks guys but I really lucked out...

I went to the same thirft store today to get the humdifier and look what I found!!! 10 bucks!!!!! I think I'm all set. I'm guessing this will take care of humidity...I think I'm going to do all casing this time so I need to watch my humidy

[img src="https://proxy.mind-media.com/proxy.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fi9.ebayimg.com%2F01%2Fi%2F04%2F73%2F91%2F97_1_b.JPG"]

OfflineJutboy
I guess I'm cool

#4440610 - 07/22/05 10:49 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Whups here it is again....

InvisibleDragonaut

#4440629 - 07/22/05 10:58 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Does anyone think that's a good one? How would one hook it up? Could you put it say, directly inside a martha? I've been seeing these on eBay and I'm thinking about getting one. Although, I think I'm gonna hit up the thrift stores first. Does that one work fine, Jutboy?

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Help Please!!!! (Air Exchange/Humdifier Problem) [Re: Dragonaut]
    #4440667 - 07/22/05 11:11 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I don't know that make/model. But, it appears to be the type with a holding tank, an evaporator circular wick type pad & a fan in it. I have eyeballed similar type humidifiers & would not recommend there use to anyone. But, they are better than NOTHING.

Coolmists are only about $20 retail & run about $2 to $4 at thrift stores. They are available just about everywhere in the USA, are inexpensive, functional, almost silent, very long lasting & toilet flush simple to pipe into anything - with PVC pipe.

If needed for automated set-ups, supplement a coolmist with an ultrasonic on a timer.

--------------------

OfflineJutboy
I guess I'm cool

Re: Help Please!!!! (Air Exchange/Humdifier Problem) [Re: agar]
    #4443623 - 07/23/05 03:47 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I guess the real question is What the fuck is a Cool Mist. Arghhhh....your right agar....this is just as you described it. Yet all the cool mists I've seen are either just like my ultrasonic (which is not providing enough air ciculation) or like the one I have.

I think what I'm going to use is both if I can't get the humidity right with just cool mist (if thats what it is). To answer you Shroomer/Skater Look at the setup I have on the first post...I'm going to do a simple setup to that using a gallon bottle to this new one....Just use hot glue and maybe a thick freezer bag to fill in the gaps.(kinda like a skirt for the bottle).

I'm gonna run the new 3/4 tubing I just got straight to the coolers and if I need humdity pipe the ultrasonic (through the condensation chambers) into the big gallon bottle.

Any comments?????

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates