Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinephishhead
down to fragglerock...
 User Gallery

Loc: roswell, georgia
P. Caerupiles in Georgia?
    #4437642 - 07/22/05 10:51 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Wanted to get this out there and see how many responses I get on the subject of finding these little guys here in georgia. I have not myself seen a post of anyone finding these until today and wanted more feedback on how many people had. I do know the "Blue Foot" grow here in Georgia but in what kind of environment? I did a search and found general info but wanted a little more detail so please anyone with experience in finding them let me know...

--------------------
"Moderation is the key to life..."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinephishhead
down to fragglerock...
 User Gallery

Re: P. Caerupiles in Georgia? [Re: phishhead]
    #4437652 - 07/22/05 10:53 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

And sorry bout the mispelling its actually caerulipes...

--------------------

OfflineRamuh
Finder of thesubbs

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
    #4438024 - 07/22/05 12:48 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I myself have never found any, but I really would like to try and find some, and hope to find some one day. Here are my opinions on the mushroom at the moment.

They seem to basically be a LBM looking thing at first, growing probably off a dead tree, or some beauty bark or stuff of that sort (Anyone know if mulch is a possibility here?). The first thing that should probably seperate it from other ones would be the blue bruising, ane perhaps the blue foot. Other than that...just sporeprints and other stuff I guess to help ID it. They seem to be pretty hard to find.

Anyone have any comments on my opinions on this mushroom? Im not 100% sure Im completely correct, because as stated before, the info out there isnt AS extensive as other mushrooms (although there is still a good chunk).

*edit - oh, and if anyone could supply some dosage info on these too, and how the trip was on them if they have had them before. The UFG says 1-3mushrooms fresh, but that is kinda vague.

--------------------
Radio is down for a day or two to transfer all my music, and do some other work.

"Light, coming from my mind. We are one, the night has just begun"

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
Re: P. Caerupiles in Georgia? [Re: Ramuh]
    #4438187 - 07/22/05 01:31 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I'm checking my patch today and will take my camera so you can see the habitat for yourselves. Its not strictly bark mulch, but highly fertilized, highly acidic soil to be more general. My patch is in a cow pasture under a collection of pine trees for example, and there is extensive ground cover (some type of invasive vine by the looks of it, not ivy or kudzu though). Ill post some pics whenever i find the cable to transfer pics to the computer, but i think they look very similar to Psilocybe cyanescens. The best representative pics i have seen for the strain that grows in North Georgia are at Mushroomjohn's website. They aren't hard at all to ID when you find them. I immediately knew they were psilocybe (from the purplish brown gills), and concluded that the only thing that they could be are Ps. caerulipes, because Ps. cyanescens don't grow around here. I concluded my ID after a bit of research. The only mushrooms in the same habitat that look similar have white to rust colored gills.
The reason that they may be so hard to find is that they camouflage them selves nicely, in the same manner that weilii do. the blue foots were at level as well as under the ground cover, and could be mistaken for fallen leaves.

I will have a proper dosage for you soon, i have found someone who will bio-assay.

Offlinephishhead
down to fragglerock...
 User Gallery

Re: P. Caerupiles in Georgia? [Re: Lysergic_Milkman]
    #4438220 - 07/22/05 01:41 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

thanks for ur reply lysergic, I cant wait to see pics. I will have to keep a close eye out for them when I go out to hunt next time. Also could be cubies too but im not saying you didnt find caerulipes, Also what county did you find them in? Again thanks for the reply...

--------------------

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

#4438682 - 07/22/05 03:10 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Cobb county. They are for sure Psilocybe caerulipes, i got some good pics and ill post em asap.

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

#4438872 - 07/22/05 04:02 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I CANT FIND MY DAMNED TRANSFER CABLE!!!

Ill post em in a new thread when i get the pics up. I also have some nice pics of cubes and some random boletes.

EDIT: My brother just ingested 5.72g fresh, 4 shrooms. He described the taste as, "sour ass with a hint of psilocybin," then he told me that if he started throwing up, i was to rush him to the hospital immediately.

Edited by Lysergic_Milkman (07/22/05 04:10 PM)

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

#4440294 - 07/22/05 09:46 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

TRIP REPORT:
Trip took off at about +45 minutes, average time, normal peak time, +2 hours. Overall the trip was a level 3, lasting ~5 hours.

My brother described the trip as, "really smooth and euphoric. Very easy rolling. good visuals... goooood visuals....."

I cant wait to get my hands on some more of these!

Edited by Lysergic_Milkman (07/22/05 09:52 PM)

OfflineBetaDelta
Stranger
Male
    #4440743 - 07/22/05 11:33 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Wow sounds interesting. Whats going on in Georgia, it's like the Mycelium gods are shining down on all of you! can't wait for pics,
Take care

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Re: P. Caerupiles in Georgia? [Re: BetaDelta]
    #4442424 - 07/23/05 11:03 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

bump

OfflineRamuh
Finder of thesubbs

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
    #4443385 - 07/23/05 02:30 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Wait...5.7g FRESH gave him a level 3? Wow, nice!

--------------------
Radio is down for a day or two to transfer all my music, and do some other work.

"Light, coming from my mind. We are one, the night has just begun"

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Re: P. Caerupiles in Georgia? [Re: Ramuh]
    #4443610 - 07/23/05 03:41 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

yeah, much stronger than i expected.
Also, my brother has no abnormal sensitivity to psilocybin, so the dose is comparable to the average person's dose.

OfflineBetaDelta
Stranger
Male
    #4443784 - 07/23/05 04:42 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

wow that is sumthin, Georiga, I tell you man, you guys have some magic spell or sumthin!
Take care!

Invisibleflowstone
blustering

Loc: precious
    #4444936 - 07/23/05 10:18 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Is it normal to be finding them here this far south in N-GA? What is the normal season for these? Can they grow in thick forest too?

I think these would be question that I could spend hours looking for answers for, but maybe an expert on these mushrooms could chime in with some git down. And of course milkman, thus far you are the foremost expert on Georgia Caers, so keep the info flowing man!

--------------------
these long agonizing months without you...have been long and agonizing..
"War Doesn't Decide Who's Right... It Only Decides Who's Left."

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Re: P. Caerupiles in Georgia? [Re: flowstone]
    #4447346 - 07/24/05 04:09 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I don't think that you will find much from searching, and i hope I'm not an expert on Psilocybe caerulipes, because they would have to be very understudied for that to be true. Ive only found them in one spot (with many, MANY almost identical spots near by), so i would have to say that these are either quite rare, or there is some other important factor that I'm missing for growth to be positive. As far as i know, Ps. caerulipes grows in nutrient rich, acidic soil in clear sunlight, or in nutrient rich soil under well spaced pines (as you can see in my habitat shots); probably the former.

Invisibleflowstone
blustering

Loc: precious
    #4447466 - 07/24/05 04:41 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Here is some info I found on them

Quote:

Blue-Foot Psilocybe
Psilocybe caerulipes (Pk.) Sacc.
Strophariaceae, Agaricales
Description Brownish, knobbed cap, fading to yellow, with brown gills; whitish stalk bluish at base; on decayed wood.
Cap 3/8" - 1 3/8" (1-3.5 cm) wide; conical to convex with incurved margin, becoming flat or broadly knobbed; sticky, becoming dry, smooth; watery-cinnamon to yellowish; bruising greenish or bluish, sometimes slowly.
Gills attached, close to crowded, narrow; brownish to rust-cinnamon.
Stalk 1 1/4" - 2 3/8" (3-6 cm) long, 1/16" - 1/8" (1.5-3 mm) thick, enlarging to base; whitish, staining greenish-blue.
Veil partial veil evanescent.
Spores 7-10 X 4-5.5 microns, (but 10-12 X 5.7 microns from 2-spored basidia); elliptical, smooth, with pore at tip. Spore print dark purple-brown.
Edibility Hallucinogenic.
Season August-October.
Habitat Single or in small clusters, on deciduous wood and wood mulch, especially birch and maple.
Range Maine to North Carolina, west to Michigan.

Comments Often overlooked or ignored as just another LBM, little brown mushroom, this hallucinogenic species turns blue on handling, usually after several minutes.

Looks like these are some early fruiters but they should be around any time now.. It says north Carolina, but clearly you've found them in Ga, so woohoo!

Edited by flowstone (07/24/05 04:43 PM)

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Re: P. Caerupiles in Georgia? [Re: flowstone]
    #4447505 - 07/24/05 04:54 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

And not on wood [mulch], or under deciduous trees. This is starting to look suspicious; none of my specimens were "knobby". But i dont want to jump to the conclusion that its a new species every time it doesnt exactly fit the description. Anyone have any insight?

Offlineceoner
Stranger
    #4450487 - 07/25/05 12:37 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

A few hundred miles north of you guys we find them by creeks...I think they seem to be found around the knobs and foothills at the base of mountains...

Invisiblepsiclops
# 1
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: P. Caerupiles in Georgia? [Re: ceoner]
    #4455846 - 07/26/05 01:56 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I saw some pics of what he found. (I'm pretty sure it was a post, from Lysergic)

Definitely a Psilocybian species, but did not look much like Cyanescens (You said they looks alot like Cyans). Very high resemblance to Ps. Stunzii. Pretty 'shrooms.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract