Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLoriath
Needing Practice
Male
Loc: Canada
First time, stealth.
    #4439992 - 07/22/05 08:31 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Hello everyone, this is my very first post here at the shroomery. I am very new to this, and have not even began to purchase supplies. I have a question before i begin. Are there any guides on how to grow shrooms in your room. I live with my parents and would like to grow shrooms in my room without my mother and father finding them. Is it possible to grow them in a drawer of a dresser, or some other small enclosed location? Could someone give some tips on how i could do this so i know whether to start getting supplies or to wait till i move out.

thanks ahead of time

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan Flag
Re: First time, stealth. [Re: Loriath]
    #4440005 - 07/22/05 08:33 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Wait til you move out. It's not cool to grow without your parents permission.

--------------------

Invisiblewalkclothed
Stranger
Re: First time, stealth. [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #4440041 - 07/22/05 08:42 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

its very easy to do if you have a closet that they wont ever go in for any reason... but id reccommend moving out first. when i was living at home, my mother found my jars one time, and i told here they were substrate jars for growing marijuana...which was fine with her because i have a doctors' recommendation.

--------------------
no i dont. its all real

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: First time, stealth. [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #4440057 - 07/22/05 08:44 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

yup, if something happens and you get busted, they get busted.  Def not a good situation to put them in unknowingly :wink:

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

Loc: somewhere else
Re: First time, stealth. [Re: walkclothed]
    #4440068 - 07/22/05 08:47 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

goin with hella on this one. if they don't know or aren't willing to allow it, then wait till you move out. then you will be able to do what it takes to get some great results.
if you are dead set on doing this then there are some peeps here that have done some very stealthy set ups. a little searching will help you find what you are looking for.
good luck
peace

OfflineLoriath
Needing Practice
Male
Re: First time, stealth. [Re: coda]
    #4440084 - 07/22/05 08:50 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

thanks everyone, i guess i'll have to think about it. Its just i dont think i'm moving out for a year, and this is a hobbie that truely interests me :hippie:

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #4440095 - 07/22/05 08:56 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

better to wait a year, i waited four :smile:.  Trust me, when you have your own space it makes the experience much more rewarding.  Spend the year reading, thats my suggestion.  Cultivating is easy, but there's a lot to learn.  If you think you could pass it off, why not try growing edible mushrooms first (like shitake or oysters).  That way when you move onto cubes or what not you'll be better prepared.  And you'll also have a nice supply of tasty edibles as well. :smile:

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

#4440098 - 07/22/05 08:57 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
better to wait a year, i waited four :smile:.  Trust me, when you have your own space it makes the experience much more rewarding.  Spend the year reading, thats my suggestion.  Cultivating is easy, but there's a lot to learn.  If you think you could pass it off, why not try growing edible mushrooms first (like shitake or oysters).  That way when you move onto cubes or what not you'll be better prepared.  And you'll also have a nice supply of tasty edibles as well. :smile:

:thumbup: nice advice bro.

OfflineLoriath
Needing Practice
Male
    #4440123 - 07/22/05 09:04 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:

wow, that is a good idea. Where can i get spores for edible mushrooms? is there any chance of geting spores from purchased mushrooms or are they not fresh enough and i'll have to buy some from a web site? Any tips would be appreciated.

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

#4440129 - 07/22/05 09:06 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

check with the sponsors. someone is bound to have some edibles.
good luck
peace

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #4440131 - 07/22/05 09:07 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

www.shroomery.org/sponsors.php

thats a list of shroomery sponsors.  Some of them sell edible syringes.  Always go with a shroomery sponsor, this way you wont have to worry about getting screwed over :smile:

--------------------

-JG

OfflineLoriath
Needing Practice
Male
    #4440372 - 07/22/05 09:58 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
www.shroomery.org/sponsors.php

thats a list of shroomery sponsors.  Some of them sell edible syringes.  Always go with a shroomery sponsor, this way you wont have to worry about getting screwed over :smile:

THANKS!, i have been looking for it but apparently suck at searching...so there is no way to get spores for edible mushrooms wihtout buying them or knowing someone who grows them?

Offlinered914
Minion
Loc: Utah
    #4440950 - 07/23/05 12:27 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Edibles are legal, so you usually buy tissue rather than spores. (works the same anyway!) Just be there the day the mail shows up so they don't cook in the mailbox. (if you have the road side type) Look on the edibles forum.

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: First time, stealth. [Re: red914]
    #4441030 - 07/23/05 12:49 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

so there is no way to get spores for edible mushrooms wihtout buying them or knowing someone who grows them?

if you find them growing in the wild you can print/clone them :smile:

--------------------

-JG

OfflineBetaDelta
Stranger
Male
    #4441165 - 07/23/05 01:28 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

yea if you're under 18 and you get busted for manufacture, they can loose custody,
Not cool!
Take care

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: First time, stealth. [Re: BetaDelta]
    #4441849 - 07/23/05 06:39 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Definatly forget about illegals for now. Wouldnt be cool to get your parents in trouble for something they dont know about. I waited over a year after getting into this hobby, reading here and there, and buying everything I'd need except spores. Then I moved out, and within the week I had my setup running, spores here and over the last year Ive had great successes because I waited and read and learned. I would have probably had more success if I had started with edibles and other legal mushrooms, mushrooms are just fun to grow. Id definatly start there until you can move out.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures