Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
In-Laws.....do you like them?
    #4439545 - 07/22/05 09:04 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

For all those who are married, how do you feel abour your in-laws? You always hear the classic joke about 'mother-in-laws' and what bitches they can be. But I gotta tell ya, I must be a lucky one! I love my mother-in-law! She is a blast to have around. She is staying with us this week and I forgot how much I enjoy her. We (the wife and I) lived with her for a year and I always got along with her. I feel sorry for people who have shitty in-laws, because mine rock!

--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: In-Laws.....do you like them? [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #4439549 - 07/22/05 09:05 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

my in laws are 50-50 just like the rest of the world :smile:

though there not technically my inlaws anymore i still see them all the time, and they dont give me any shit and i dont give them any shit.

:heart:

i like the ones i see the most :smile:

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: In-Laws.....do you like them? [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #4439851 - 07/22/05 10:05 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Because my husband's parents are divorced, I have two sets of inlaws. 

Inlaw Set One Kevin's mother's side. I really think that the woman can't stand even to look at me.  Sometimes I worry that she'll stage this entire elaborate kidnapping operation and steal my husband from me.  She's probably rich enough to do it too.  Speaking of that, she moved Kevin's inheritance back from when he was 30 to when he is 40, because she believes I'm after her son for his money or something.  She can't stand me, and to be honest, while it would be great if we could make a sincere human connection, I doubt this is going to happen.  I do whatever I can to avoid her but sometimes (at family gatherings) this is unavoidable.  I have been called "crazy girl" by her, as well as "psycho."  But from where I'm standing, I don't really think it's ME that's the crazy one.  :confused:

Her husband shows no predominant feelings towards me either way.  He's called me "sweetie" before, and the like, which is cool, but he has also chased me with a chainsaw while drunk.  And I did not find that very fun. 

This family is sort of like monarchy, and the grandparents are on top.  Kevin's grandfather is an okay guy, but I've learned not to underestimate him.  He's done a few things that really upset me, such as threatening to kick Kevin out of the family if he married me.  It proved to be an empty threat.  He's been known to kiss me on the mouth from time to time.  He has also been exceedingly supportive financially.  And I'm talking EXCEEDINGLY.  He's used the family company (which Kevin owns a part of) to buy a car for us, and soon he will be buying us a duplex.  He has also paid for my college and sent us checks ranging from $200-$1200 randomly, about every 2-3 months.  I think his wife (Kevin's grandmother) likes me, but again, it's hard to tell.  I think she just mostly wants Kevin's happiness, which is something we have in common. 

Uncle Greg and Aunt Laurie are interesting.  All you have to do to socialize with Greg is hand him a glass of wine and ask him how his son is doing in football.  The man WILL NOT SHUT UP about his kid.  They have three kids, from ages 17-11, who I think are getting used to seeing me around.  Aunt Laurie is *awesome.*  Everytime I talk to her, I like her more.  She is a devout Catholic, and does a lot of volunteer work for the church and community.  She's the coolest Catholic I've ever met.  She makes you feel right at ease, which is why I like hanging around her at family gatherings.  She is just a fun lady to talk to.  I think she understands my position since she married into the family too. 

Inlaw Set Two These are two of my favorite people in the world.  It took a little while before I could really start appreciating them, just because I wanted them to like me so much that I hid a lot of my personality from them.  Soon it hit me that these people were so awesome, it's okay to show a bit more of who I am.  Kevin's father (David) is a total weirdo.  :laugh:  I love it, I can see a lot of Kevin in him.  He sometimes freaks me out when he gets in his angry moods.  Overall, he's a pretty angry guy but yet incredibly chill at the same time, if that makes any sense.  He was the first relative Kevin and I told about our kinship with shrooms and he's done them before too.  He also tries to help Kevin and I out a lot.  He got us a used car which I drive, and is always getting us useful shit, like bookshelves, binocculars or fans. 

His wife, Constance, is a shroomer.  I've tripped with her 3 times now.  She is AWESOME.  I sometimes feel like she is my long-lost older sister.  She is so groovy.  The other day, her and David came down to see Kevin and I, and Constance and I were just chilling in the living room, talking about religion, sprituality, etc., over a good joint that got us both STONED as fuck.  She's very practical and isn't afraid to tell you what she really thinks. 

That's about it with them.  THey don't bombard me with family everytime I go up there.

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan Flag
Re: In-Laws.....do you like them? [Re: MOTH]
    #4439968 - 07/22/05 10:25 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I've got an uncle greg too!

--------------------

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: In-Laws.....do you like them? [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #4440509 - 07/23/05 12:24 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

My in-laws are Satan's step-children :projectile:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds

Community >> The Pub