Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Loc: new england
eatin some shrooms next week(updated with trip report)
    #4387811 - 07/09/05 07:42 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

so i'll be eating some shrooms next week with a few friends. eighths just dont cut it for me anymore. i picked 1/2oz of shrooms for myself a few weeks ago, and another 1/2 oz for some friends. i ate an eighth by myself on the 4th of july and it was a typical eighth trip for me, not very intense, i was in complete 100% control the entire time. i even spent some time with my parents who didnt know i was trippin because i had that much control over it.

i've eaten 5 grams before and while it was a fairly intense trip, i thought i couldve handled more. so i have 3 eighths left. i'm thinking i want to eat 1/4 of shrooms. but i've never taken any more than eighth when i'm tripping with other people, and i don't want to completely lose control and have to be babysat 3 other kids who are all trippin hard.

you think i would be better off eating an eighth and a half, and having another eighth and a half for another trip, or should i just go for the full quarter? i think i should be able to control it alright, and i'm looking to have an intense trip as i haven't had one in a long time.

any comments, opinions, advice?

thanks, happy trips

--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

Edited by nightkrawler (07/21/05 07:02 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineYenpop
Midnight Toker

Loc: Georgia, US
Re: eatin some shrooms next week [Re: nightkrawler]
    #4387941 - 07/09/05 08:28 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Your choice...if you can handle a eighth you could probably handle a quarter but I doubt youll be in total control...If you really think you need the whole 7 grams to have a memorable trip then go ahead but expect it to be VERY intense

--------------------
"The infinite vibratory levels, the dimensions of interconnectedness are without end. There is nothing independent. All beings and things are residents in your awareness. " Alex Grey

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Re: eatin some shrooms next week [Re: Yenpop]
    #4388074 - 07/09/05 09:27 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

well, i have no idea what a quarter could possibly be like. i dont know if it's gonna be like an eighth the first 2 or 3 times i ever shroomed, or if it's gonna be more intense than that.

i just dont want to put my friends in a situation where i'll be trying to do something stupid and have to be looked after by my friends who will be trying to enjoy their own trips without worrying about me.

an eighth is a very light trip for me. very minor visuals, no mindfuck at all anymore. trippy thoughts come and go, but they aren't dwelled on at all if i dont want them to be. there's only been one trip on an eighth where i've actually seen something melt(and it was the most beautiful thing i've ever seen before, seeing a poster melt down the wall, into the carpet, and the strings on my hoody melting away into the bed). i haven't gotten into any thought loops on an eighth since the 2nd time i ever tripped.

me and my friends will be in a pretty big house that we will have all to ourselves. theres a pretty big backyard with some woods. i definitely want this to be a memorable trip. i want to learn something from the trip. lately on eighths i haven't been getting anything out of them.

i want to get feelings like i got on my first few trips. i want to forget what time is. i want to not be able to comprehend how money works.

--------------------

Edited by nightkrawler (07/09/05 09:40 PM)

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

#4412207 - 07/16/05 04:02 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

anyone else have any input?

i'm going to be eating them wednesday afternoon. i'm starting to think that maybe 6 grams would be good, so i would have 4.5 grams left to eat some other time.

is there much of a difference between 5 and 6 grams? or 6 and 7 grams? i'm not too experienced with higher doses.

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #4412292 - 07/16/05 04:37 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

nightkrawler said:
i'm not too experienced with higher doses.

My advice...

Maybe you should first evaluate WHY 3.5 grams of shrooms are not tipping your boat anymore. 

1. How often do you shroom?  For me, whenever the shrooms start withholding from the glory-dunk, I take that as a hint I need to take a break. 

2. Do you mix up your setting a lot?  (i.e. trip in different places)  Keeping the setting new and interesting is a sure way to get the most out of your shrooms. 

3. Are you on any medications or drugs?  SSRI's have been known to inhibit psychoactive substances. 

4. How is your sober life?  Are you satisfied with it, or is there something more you wish you could be doing? 

5. How is the potency of your mushrooms?  Maybe the potency has decreased and that is why you need to dose higher.  Were they dried well, cracker dry? 

You say you want meaning out of your trips, but maybe you are looking too hard.  Your expectations of what the shrooms SHOULD be giving you might be at the root of your problem.  In my opinion, they give what they give.  Try going into the trip prepared to accept whatever happens.  :smile:

Now my honest opinion is that I think you are playing with fire.  You've already mentioned that you are inexperienced with higher doses, and six grams is POWERFUL dose for some people, and often not in a pleasant way. 

If you did get results with 3.5 grams of shrooms when you first started, and then suddenly you are finding you need to dose higher and higher to get the same effect, ask yourself the questions above.  It may be the answer lies in adjusting your mindset rather then dosing higher and higher to fully appreciate them again. 

IT'S POSSIBLE you could be one of those people who just need a high dose to get off.  But the fact that you flew high early on in your tripping career with an eighth makes me wonder. 

It MIGHT be that you are simply ready to go further with the mushrooms.  Only you know the answer to this.  Sometimes ones gets the feeling he is prepared to swim deeper.  Nothing wrong with this, as long as you accept the possiblity of drowning.  (egodeath)

My suggestion would be to ask yourself the questions above, and if everything checks out experiment more around the 5 gram to 5.5 gram level.  Where 5 grams did not get you, 5.5 might. 

Either way, hope I could help. 

Good luck in whatever you decide to do and safe travels. 

:heart:

OfflineFreshpickz
Festy

Loc: Jax, Fl
    #4412306 - 07/16/05 04:41 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

If you think you can handle 7 g's then go for it, if an eighth isnt doin it for you anymore then then I dont doubt that a quarter would get too out of hand. I've eaten upwards of 7 or 8 ounces wet, I even split 2 pounds between 3 people making tea. I would just eat as many cubensis as I could after picking them, the trips were extremely intense. I'm sure you could handle it,I say go for it.

--------------------

"Psychedelics often produce psychotic and even violent behavior in those that have never used them"
-Timothy Leary

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Re: eatin some shrooms next week [Re: MOTH]
    #4412393 - 07/16/05 05:12 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

i've shroomed i think 9 or 10 times in the last 15 months or so. i took a break for a couple of months, up until the 4th of july where i ate an eighth of the shrooms i have now just to test the waters with them. i wanted to make sure they weren't more potent than the ones i was used to, as i wouldn't want to take a high dose of these shrooms and find them to be a lot more potent.

i always mix up the setting. sometimes i have solo trips in my apartment, sometimes people come over and trip with me in my apartment, sometimes i do it outside at night with a bunch of friends, sometimes it's outside in the day. i like to keep it mixed up. this time it's going to be at a friends house that we will have to ourselves for a week. i've tried tripping there before last summer, but the LSD we had gotten turned out to be bunk, so this will be my first time tripping there.

not on any medications.

i'm satisfied with my sober life. since may i've cut back on pot a lot, only smoke once a day now, don't drink too often. i've been spending more time sober now than i have in a year. been keeping myself busy with work and all, things are going well.

the shrooms i have are 100% dry. they always are, they appear to be normal cubes to me, the only kind i've ever eaten before.

with every trip i've been taking, i've gotten much more accustomed to go along with it, and totally let go, because i have a much greater understanding of what they do to me now than i did on my first few trips. on my first few trips there were times when i just crawled up into a ball and wanted it to end. but it has never been like that since. i always have the time of my life, i've just been let down on the strength of the trips. i'm always a little disappointed that i didnt take a higher dose.

when i did take 5 grams once, i was at the point where my eighth trips were still fairly strong for me. the 5 grams were strong, but i still couldve handled more. thinking back on it, i think i may have started to get disappointed with the eighth trips after my first 5 gram trip. i've made a similar post like this awhile ago asking for advice on what to do, and most people said i should go with a nice high dose, 7 gram trip.

i think i'm ready to go furthur with mushrooms. i've had complete ego death once before with salvia, and it was the most intense, powerful, scary, but amazing thing that has ever happened to me.

i guess i could kind of explain the differences in eighths now and before a little better. when i tripped off of an eighth before, time meant nothing to me. i would look at a clock and i would think to myself, what does this mean? i could not comprehend it. same thing with money. i took a few dollar bills out of my pocket, and i was looking at them and thinking, why does this mean so much to me? they're just pieces of paper. it doesn't do anything. i didn't understand laws. pot seemed legal to me. i would pull out my bowl and start smoking it, not thinking twice about how could be watching me and who could be calling the cops. it didnt make sense to me that it was illegal. i saw it as what it was, a plant.

the littlest things would baffle me. now, i still get trippy thoughts, i think about things, but i still have a firm grip on reality. i still remember that it's illegal to smoke pot. i still remember that in 6 hours i won't be tripping anymore.

i think mushrooms are extremely beneficial when you aren't with reality anymore. when time doesn't mean anything because you can look at the world in a completely different way, and it makes you realize things about yourself, and about the world you live in.

thanks for the post, you really made me think about a lot of things as i was responding.

:mushroom2:

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

#4412417 - 07/16/05 05:21 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Nightkrawler,

It sounds like you are in the right place and time to do this.  You're going into the experience with a great attitude.  :thumbup:  Thanks for taking the time to go into detail on your psychedelic experiences. 

I wish you the best of fortune on your journey!  :heart:  :mushroom2:

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

#4412429 - 07/16/05 05:26 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

thanks Elle, that means a lot to me :smile:

i'm definitely excited about wednesday.

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

#4412435 - 07/16/05 05:29 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

My thoughts will be with you!  :heart:

OfflineRaiden333
Born Hippy

#4412719 - 07/16/05 07:39 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Have fun and stay safe, can't wait to hear how it goes.

--------------------
Some folks trust to reason, others trust to might
I don't trust to nothing, but I know it comes out right.

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Re: eatin some shrooms next week [Re: Raiden333]
    #4425406 - 07/19/05 08:42 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

well tomorrow's the big day. i've decided i'm going to go with around 6 grams. i don't have a scale, and the shrooms i bought were in eighth bags. i judged it by eye, and it looks like i'm going to be eating 6 to 6.4 grams tomorrow. decided i'd rather overshoot 6 by a little instead of undershooting it.

there's going to be 3 of us, maybe 4 of us. one person is still up in the air. we're going to be in my friends aunts house. it's a nice house, very plain though. we're planning on eating them at noon. gonna watch yellow submarine while we come up. my friends aunts dog is going to be there, a husky, and he's a little crazy. i was over there last night and he hasn't calmed down much since the last time i saw him. he's always jumping at everyone, always trying to play. he's so big, he can get a little rough sometimes, so we're planning on keeping him tied out, but if he starts going wild outside wanting to come in, we may have to let him in. shouldn't be a problem though.

there's a nice big back yard, with a tree house. there's also a good amount of woods behind the house, but it's not so deep, you can't go deep enough to not see any houses.

yellow submarine is the only thing we have planned, we're just gonna ride it out and see what we want to do when we start tripping. there's a huge set of speakers in the living room, probably going to put on some old pink floyd, some beatles(sgt peppers, magical mystery tour, and/or abbey road), and probably some dead. this all depends on if we can figure out how to use the cd player and everything while we're trippin haha. it's a pretty complex setup.

i'm excited, should be a blast. i'll let you guys know how it goes :smile:

:mushroom2:

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

#4425442 - 07/19/05 08:52 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Safe journeys!  :heart:  Can't wait to hear the report.  :smile:

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

#4435107 - 07/21/05 07:01 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

what a trip :wink:. it went very well, got exactly what i wanted.

the four of us ate the shrooms at around 2 oclock yesterday afternoon. we smoked a little bit, and i started to come up around 15 minutes after i ate them. we were sitting down about to watch yellow submarine, then they decided to hold off on yellow submarine till we all started tripping. i knew that was going to be a bad idea cause i know that there's no way you can sit down for a movie while you're already tripping.

so i was sitting down, already feeling the mushrooms while we were sitting there watching the dvd menu for another 15 minutes. eventually the movie got started, and i was practically already tripping by that point. we started watching it, then went outside for a break to smoke in a tree house that was in the back yard. the tree house had been our smoking spot because we didn't really want to smoke inside, but there were neighbors around outside so the treehouse gave us plenty of cover from the neighbors. the tree house belonged to my friends aunts kids, who are around 10. there was a sign at the bottom of the tree that said no girls ever!!!, except they spelled a few words wrong. i thought that was really funny, especially when tripping.

so after we smoked it was really starting to get nice and strong. we stayed in the yard for a little bit, swinging on the swings, which feels crazy  with the wind hitting you while tripping. we tried to kick a soccer ball in the yard around, but that didn't really work cause i suck at soccer to begin with, never mind trying to kick a soccer ball while on shrooms.

we started lounging around by the swing set, and i started to think that the neighbors thought we were tripping. i didnt know how to act normally. i wasn't sure what normal was. i was thinking, how would we be acting and what would we be doing in this yard if we weren't tripping right now, and i had no idea. the trip became reality for me.

we went back inside and put yellow submarine on again. two of my friends got up and left a couple minutes later, not being able to handle the rest of yellow submarine(just as i predicted). me and one of my other friends stayed there and finished the movie. he had never seen it before and said it was the best movie ever. i was quite out of my head at this point, and somehow managed to quote good old jerry garcia and said "today, it's the best movie ever." i don't know how i remembered something that jerry said when i was so far out from reality.

after the movie had finished, i could not feel my face at all. below my eyes, i couldn't feel anything. i couldn't tell if my mouth was opened or closed. this lasted the whole trip.

i started thinking about what it was like to not be tripping, and i couldn't remember. i started thinking about people that i wasn't with, and what they would be doing at that time. i thought of my mom, and all i thought about her was that "she is", i thought of my dad too, and the only thing i could say about him in my mind was that "he is". all i could remember was that they existed.

so i got up from the comfortable leather chair and wandered into the other room to see what the other 2 guys were up to. they were laying on couches in the other room with the dog laying on the floor. just before we started tripping, the dog had broken his leash outside, so we had to leave him inside with us. i started to pet him and he jumped all over me. my whole body felt very disconnected from my face, and i was just letting the dog jump all over me, she wasn't bothering me at all. i remember getting all kinds of visuals in the dogs fur, seeing patterns form. i was starting to wonder if the dog was tripping too. one of my friends brought that up too, and we could've sworn the dog was tripping too because she was acting just as weird as us.(of course she didn't eat any mushrooms, but just being around trippers probably makes you trip)

i eventually got a little tired of the dog jumping all over me and wondered what life would be like without the dog. so i went over to the stairs, where a gate was up preventing the dog from going upstairs. i saw one of my friends laying on the half way of the stairs. i went all the way to the top and just sat there. my friend started going on about how crazy everything was, and he was saying random tripping stuff. i remember saying all kinds of stuff about everything being one and connected and stuff like that, but i dont really remember what i said exactly. i stood up and looked off the stairs and saw the white walls of the stairs, and the living room below. i noticed that everything was white, and it looked really strange.

i was thinking about what someone with us who wasn't tripping would feel. i was convinced that they would be tripping too. if they were surrounded by people who were walking back and forth from room to room, babbling incoherantly then they would probably start to lose touch with reality too.

i wandered around upstairs and went in my friends aunts room. i opened a door that was in there, planning on it being a closet. i was right, it was a closet, but the closet was practically the size of her room. i was baffled by this, it was so weird expecting there to be a small closet there, then it turns into a whole nother room. i went back downstairs and layed on the couch. i starting talking to the other trippers, and they all had ideas like going outside to smoke, going skateboarding, stuff like that. we all realized that these were good ideas(except skateboarding for me, i dont know how) but when we leaned up a little bit to actually do it, we were like nah. everything seemed like a good idea at the time, but it was so tough to get up from our comfortable positions.

eventually we went back outside to smoke in the tree house. we had already smoked the two joints i had rolled the night before, so we packed my bowl. we started smoking that, but eventually we just forgot all about the bowl. it just sat in the treehouse half full and nobody thought about picking it up to smoke it again.

we headed back inside and i started looking at a picture that was on the wall. it was of a water fall surrounded by trees in the forest. the water started moving, steam started rising out of the water. i was amazed. i originally thought that it was one of those moving pictures like they sell in most malls, but then i realized it was just an incredibly realistic visual.

i started exploring the house more, and i started looking out the window. i saw some people walking around, and they looked over at me in the window, and i immediately thought, they must think i'm tripping. why else would be just sitting there looking out the window. i started thinking about all the neighbors, and what they were doing. i realized that we were all on this world together, and everybody does their own kind of thing. we all use the time that was given to us in our lives differently. while this doesn't seem like a big revelation, it seemed to mean a lot while i was tripping.

i eventually wandered back to my comfortable chair and sat there for awhile. i started talking to my friend and i was going on about "not being able to do normal stuff" in the state i was in. apparently i had said this a lot. my friend responded "that sucks, atleast i can still do stuff." i thought that was incredibly funny and got a good kick out of that.

he decided to go out skateboarding. he was gone for awhile and i started to think maybe he got into some trouble and the cops could be coming. i was thinking, what if the cops did come, and they asked me what was wrong with me. i wouldn't know the answer. i think i had forgotten i had eaten mushrooms. tripping just became reality. i thought life was always like this. i was thinking about a story someone had said earlier. he was telling me about some kids he knew who were tripping in his friends appartment, and they were making noise and someone called the cops thinking someone was getting beat up. the cops barged in, found a bunch of tripping kids, and bongs and all kinds of paraphenalia out. they put it all in a trash bag and smashed it all in front of these kids while they were tripping.

i don't remember too much more about the trip. although there was one point where i was peaking, and then i pinpointed the exact second when i started to come down. i thought that was really weird. i think i forgot a lot about what happened during the trip.

all that i know was that i had a blast. the only thing that i didn't enjoy(which used to happen to me the first couple of times i tripped) was that i couldn't remember anything. i got a little nervous because of this, but it turned out alright.

i thought doing the 6-6.4 grams was a good dose. next time i'll probably do around 4.5 grams, see how that goes, and i'll eventually find a good dose to stick with until i'm ready for another high dose. i don't know if i'll do a full 7 grams for awhile. i could handle it, but i'd be afraid i would forget a lot about the trip, kind of like happened this time. i'll probably experiement with another high dose when winter rolls around.

thanks for reading :smile:

--------------------

Offlineharpd
Passing By

#4435865 - 07/21/05 10:11 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Great report. You picked a nice strong dose for this one! I'm glad everything turned out well for you.

Peace,
DHarp

--------------------
When you get the blanket thing you can relax because everything you could ever want or be you already have and are.

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Re: eatin some shrooms next week [Re: harpd]
    #4439163 - 07/22/05 05:07 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

hey thanks, was a great trip :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

#4439291 - 07/22/05 05:36 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Wow!  Spectacular trip report!  I'm glad you got what you were looking for.  :thumbup:

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #4441191 - 07/23/05 01:33 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Way to go nightcrawler... great advice ellemysh!

I know where you are coming from night... I had to take 7g to ultimately see what I wanted to see.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order