Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleAyrios
Stranger

Re: Followed MJ's method of san pedro preparation with no avail [Re: neuro]
    #3285938 - 10/27/04 06:07 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Alright, but any scientist who has studied psychedelics will tell you mescaline does act on serotonin receptors. I've never heard anyone argue that.

It doesn't matter why the cactus alkaloids vary, just that they do indeed, therefore it is possible to not trip off that amount of cactus.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: Followed MJ's method of san pedro preparation with no avail [Re: Ayrios]
    #3285979 - 10/27/04 06:15 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Ayrios said:
Alright, but any scientist who has studied psychedelics will tell you mescaline does act on serotonin receptors. I've never heard anyone argue that.

While everything I've read does suggest this, I've not been able to find true proof on mescaline or related phenethylamines and this.

This could be because most information available online is on studies relating to LSD, if you search for mescaline and related terms, you'll usually get something like:

'LSD and related drugs (Mescaline, Psilocybin) act on the 5HT2 receptors, etc, etc, etc...'

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

InvisibleAyrios
Stranger

Re: Followed MJ's method of san pedro preparation with no avail [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #3286162 - 10/27/04 06:48 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I was under the impression that all PEAs are known to act primarily on serotonin, as well as some (all?) tryptamines.

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

#3286196 - 10/27/04 06:53 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quite possibly. I'm just saying I've never seen it proven for Mescaline, which holds a different enough structure than tryptamines. Like neuro said, much closer to dopamine.

As for all phenethylamines acting the same, I'm fairly sure MDMA has some different attributes. Amphetamine and methamphetamine are also phenethylamines, but I'm assuming you meant all hallucinogenic PEAs.

InvisibleAyrios
Stranger

Re: Followed MJ's method of san pedro preparation with no avail [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #3286520 - 10/27/04 08:00 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I did, though methamphetamine has considerable serotonergic properties compared to the other strictly stimulant amps. I for one find it very empathic and the chemistry agrees.

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #3287364 - 10/27/04 10:20 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

The studies haven't been done, we need to do things like immunocytochemistry and autoradiography to determine exactly what's going on. Current theory states that there is serotonin cross interference, that is agonist of the 5-HT2, but direct binding is questionable. The lift and excitement from PEAs comes from NE and DA agonist action most likely by competitive binding to the receptor.

MDMA and Amphetamine are serotonin agonists, but it's not proven, or even theorized that they bind to the receptor. Literature states that methamphetamine and mdma stimulate the release of serotonin. LSD stimulates 5-HT2a receptors, they're both classified as agonists, but sometimes people wrongly infer that agonist implies direct receptor stimulation. Agonists have many different mechanisms of action.

InvisibleTeragon
Noddy

Loc: Lost in the Patterns
Re: Followed MJ's method of san pedro preparation with no avail [Re: neuro]
    #3293944 - 10/29/04 01:45 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for those posts, neuro. :grin:

--------------------
need that cash to feed them jones.

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: Followed MJ's method of san pedro preparation with no avail [Re: Teragon]
    #3295911 - 10/29/04 11:49 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Followed MJ's tek today. It worked VERY well. Still tripping hard now, but its been going on for quite a while. Very hard to type correctly, yet somehow easy. Words on the screen.. are even tougher.

ah.. zorack is cool.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
Re: Followed MJ's method of san pedro preparation with no avail [Re: HidingInPlainSight]
    #4407832 - 07/15/05 01:25 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

ledzepln86 said:
-Me and a friend took a 14" San pedro cactus and chopped it up into stars.
-Chopped the stars into fourths.
-Put one cup of cactus water to a cup of cactus and blended it thoroughly.
-Did the same with rest of cactus bits , added all to a large pan.
-We then added a little more water to the pan and slowly brought it to a steady boil.
-Boiled down for about 3.5 hours until there was only a small amount of liquid left, then strained

My friend drank what was strained and got zero effects. Next day we took the stuff we strained and re-boiled it but for 9 hours (we thought we didn't boil long enough the first time).. my friend drank the product from the second try with no effects.

What went wrong?

Pedro isn't that strong. I never get much from it. Not compared to Peruvianus. just my two cents.

Oon another note, I just had to cut down a Cardon Grande which was starting to rot at the base, and I licked it but it wasn't the slightest bit bitter. I'll bet the whole foot of it which is fairly thick wouldn't do squat.

--------------------
...or something

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #4436930 - 07/22/05 02:57 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Mescaline is also an indole as well as a phenylethylamine.

I should also like to point out that some people buy cereus cacti which have nothing to do with trichocereus cacti which contain mescaline.

I have, over the years, prepared hundreds of potions of san pedro and everyone who did the sam pedro I prepared all reported a most rewarding experience from the chimora juice.

And many members here have alsop prepared it this way with positive results.

mj

Offlinebluelou
NUTCASEdrugbucket!
Male User Gallery

Loc: $hroom Central
Re: Followed MJ's method of san pedro preparation with no avail [Re: mjshroomer]
    #4438218 - 07/22/05 01:41 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Shit men???

Hate to hear any BAD news i got a cutting years ago and now
have several feet to try finally on some fine accation soon i hope!

MJshroomer,i have read many good reports also could you come back
and give the tek here in a nutshell id like to try this i LOVE mescaline!!!

--------------------
Have you tried my(black kow) pile style tek outdoors!!!!!!!!

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Followed MJ's method of san pedro preparation with no avail [Re: bluelou]
    #4438252 - 07/22/05 01:48 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

The tek is posted here somewhere but a refined posting of it is atr erowid.org.

Not sure of the exact URL but it should bnot be that hard to find over there.

mj

and have a colorful day

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: Followed MJ's method of san pedro preparation with no avail [Re: mjshroomer]
    #4442491 - 07/23/05 11:16 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I've only had great success with mj's method. My girlfriend recently used it and had a very strong experience. She was kinda out of it for 2 days after as well ;P

As for the cactus that licked and no bitterness.. sounds pretty bad, never had one like that. Where'd you get it from?

--------------------

Offlinebluelou
NUTCASEdrugbucket!
Male User Gallery

#4443440 - 07/23/05 02:48 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Thanx MJ!!!

Can anyone else add maybe a GOOD RESULT!

--------------------

OfflineCyano
Stranger
Re: Followed MJ's method of san pedro preparation with no avail [Re: bluelou]
    #4446001 - 07/24/05 04:46 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

MJ?s Method works but, in my case, I have problems getting enough mescaline into my system for a full trip.
Therefore I dry the cactus, cut out the wodden core and grind it in a coffeegrinder. I let the powder steep in 96% alcohol for at least 2 weeks. Then I filter out the, by then, darkgreen alcohol. I let most of the alcohol evaporate in front of a fan. Then I add acidic water to it. (made acidic with white vinegar)Now I let evaporate the rest of the alcohol from the water. Then I put the now green water in the freezer overnight.(with a minimal amount of alcohol left in the water, the water will not freeeze in the freezer) The Green (the chlorophyl) is soluble in alcohol but not in water. In the freezer it sinks to the bottom of the glass. After this has happened (usually within 24 hours)I warm up the water a little bit to dissolve any mescaline that also might have been sunk to the bottom. (cold water does not hold alkaloids easily) The chlorophyl will not again dissolve in the water. Now I filter the chlorophyl out of the water with a coffeeefilter. A brownish water remains. This water is extremely! bitter. I then let the water dry up and ingest the remaining powder. (from 100g of dry cactus the powder weighs 2 grams at the most) I assume the powder to be approximately 25% pure alkaloids. The powder works quick and is for me the only way to get enough alkaloids for a full trip into my system.

OfflineCyano
Stranger
Re: Followed MJ's method of san pedro preparation with no avail [Re: Cyano]
    #4446005 - 07/24/05 04:49 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

??I let the powder steep in 96% alcohol for at least 2 weeks.??
I meant:I let the powder sit in the alcohol for at least 2 weeks. I don?t use any heat.

Invisibleyousuck
Stranger

Re: Followed MJ's method of san pedro preparation with no avail [Re: HidingInPlainSight]
    #4447102 - 07/24/05 02:49 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

ledzepln86 said:
Not sure... I'd think with 14" of it you would feel at least a little something. he experienced no effects whatsoever and fell asleep about 2-3 hours afterwards.

you got effects. mescaline at low dosages puts you to sleep. i ate a 5yr old peyote and this happened.

the learning curve on successful cacti processing is extremely steep, here is something a skilled person told me about this process:

Quote:

I've been doing San Pedro since god knows when, and i use to drink it but i didn't really feel the strong effects like the tar base. i just got off work and now I'm bored and stoned, so I'll just tell you what i do hehe; i take the cacti and put it in the freezer for a day then i pull it out and let it thaw, then i cut it up in bread slices, then boil it in a big pot of water w/ a whole lemon/lime for 8 hours(yes 8 hours) and add water when it gets low (you'll do this only a couple times), after the 8 hours i filter the San Pedro bread slices thru a t-shirt and squeeze it hard to get everything out into the the pot of water, then i throw that San Pedro slices away and boil down the San Pedro water until it forms into tar(really really thick stuff) be careful not to burn it(constantly stir the tar or it will burn, the color should be brown to almost a black color), then pour the tar into a baking pan/dish (you will need to add in a little more water and boil that down into tar to cuz there some tar that sicks to the pot you'll probably do this a couple times and make sure to spray Pam onto the pan or the tar will stick like glue) pour it on there nice and even then put it in the freezer for a week (it takes forever for the tar to freeze) after a week take the tar and roll a little bit into aspirin size pills or gumball size (hurry up with this cuz the tar melts quickly and gets all over your hands), after rolling them into balls put them back into the freezer for a day or two and they should be frozen inside and out. and swallow each tar ball with some orange juice thru out an half hour, so the tar can settle. that's what i do, for some reason when i cook San Pedro down into a drink form and drink it i usually throw up, but with the tar base form i never do and for some reason the effects are stronger. i use 3 pounds of San Pedro per dose and after i boil it into tar i get 30 grams.

apparently MJ's method doesnt work, or you better have some potent ass cacti. He mentions using 3 pounds of cacti, does anyone know the avg weight per foot of cacti? also, use a few drops of food grade phosphoric acid whenever you do a plant/water extraction.

Other factors aside, you'll want to do it this way, because if you've ever gotten to the last step in MJ's method, it yeilds as nasty substance akin to that of sticky snot. Ive drunk ayahuasca, eaten straight shrooms, even eaten straight cannabutter, but theres no way in hell that i would ever eat that snot.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Followed MJ's method of san pedro preparation with no avail [Re: yousuck] * 1
    #4448059 - 07/24/05 07:16 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

You Suck said,
Quote:

apparently MJ's method doesnt work, or you better have some potent ass cacti. He mentions using 3 pounds of cacti, does anyone know the avg weight per foot of cacti? also, use a few drops of food grade phosphoric acid whenever you do a plant/water extraction.

Other factors aside, you'll want to do it this way, because if you've ever gotten to the last step in MJ's method, it yeilds as nasty substance akin to that of sticky snot. Ive drunk ayahuasca, eaten straight shrooms, even eaten straight cannabutter, but theres no way in hell that i would ever eat that snot.[/img]

There is no snot left in the liquid drink at the end of the strain job. The only snot is when the pulp is separated in the blender from the water. One substance on top (the snotty pulp from the cactus is at the top of the blemder and is poured into the pot for cooking. The water liquid in the bottom half of the pot stays below for about 20 minutes into the boiling. When the two remix, they becomes a liquid form. And it is much easier to swallow a gulp of liquid than to chew fresh or dried peyote buttons which do taste like shit in your mouth. San pedro is very gentle on the system compared to the many alkaloids in peyote.

There are only a few alkaloids in San Pedro with mescaline being the primary active alkaloidal ingredient in the San Pedro. Peyote has dozens of various alkaloids in them. sometimes peoples body rejects them (causing vomiting and nausea), and while chewing buttons is gross, swallowing a drink of liquid without touching the top of your tongue to the bridge of your mouth, hardly leaves any nasty taste except a slight bitterness.

As for 3 pounds, the average dosage for San pedro is a one to one and a half pound one foot long and two and a half to three inches or so of thickness.. That is the equivalent of 300-500 milligrams of mescaline sulfate or what is considered to be a clinical dosage.

I have dose hundreds of people with this cacti if not a few thousand people over a thirty year period.

If you have the right cacti you will get off and you will not get sick.

Some people buy a cereus cactus which is not the same as a thricocereus cactus.

have a shroomy day

mj

Invisibleyousuck
Stranger

#4448558 - 07/24/05 09:23 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

you quoted yourself.....
Quote:

There is no snot left in the liquid drink at the end of the strain job.

well, i got a snotty nasty substance when i did mine, but i believe i used a cereus by mistake, so of course it didnt work, but either way the result seems to yeild snot, as is pictured in your tek. or does the pedro have different physical properties than other cacti? maybe i boiled mine down too far, but if i hadnt i would have been left with a quart of burnt broccoli juice.

Quote:

As for 3 pounds, the average dosage for San pedro is a one to one and a half pound one foot long and two and a half to three inches or so of thickness..

so are you saying your prior reccomendation of 3 pounds is incorrect?

this is a method i tried that may have worked had i used the right cacti: once you aquire the sticky snot, stick it in a dehydrator on one of the plastic fruitroll sheets that comes with it and leave it their till its like one big crystal. break it up and mix it in a shake. you cant taste it and it doesnt turn to snot immediately.

Offlinebluelou
NUTCASEdrugbucket!
Male User Gallery

Re: Followed MJ's method of san pedro preparation with no avail [Re: yousuck]
    #4450193 - 07/25/05 11:14 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Ok now were getting some were!!!!!

Maybe ill try the frozen tek,thanx for that mun!

MJ reply a little better???what was that..

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag