Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinevonelab
Stranger
Colonizing stopped?
    #4437924 - 07/22/05 02:27 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I've had three half pint jars for 17 days now. I can swear one has been completely done for a few days but no signs of any pins. The other two seemed to just stop colonizing. There are a few slight spots it hasn't filled in, as small as a pinky nail, but it still hasn't filled in days. Someone please give me some adivice.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Colonizing stopped? [Re: vonelab]
    #4437960 - 07/22/05 02:35 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Ok, im assuming your attempting an invitro grow right? You want to see pins in your jar before you birth them? Remember after full colonization it can take up to a week, and sometimes longer, before you see any pins. I skipped the invitro step myself because i saw it as a waste. Your much better off birthing the cakes and then dunking them. Produces a much bigger flush with bigger fruits.

About your other jars. Do you still have tape/alum foil over the holes in the lid? If so take them off (im assuming you're following pf tek) and flip the jars. That should release the co2 buildup and finish off the colonization.

GL

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Offlinevonelab
Stranger
    #4438006 - 07/22/05 02:44 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

So your saying to skip waiting for the pins and just take um outta the jars and dunk them then put them in the tank?
And as for the other ones, I have a lid with 4 holes in it, turn um over for how long?

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #4438040 - 07/22/05 02:51 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

>>So your saying to skip waiting for the pins and just take um outta the jars and dunk them then put them in the tank?

yes. IMO its just a waste to fruit in the jar. When you dunk you rehydrate your cakes which gives it more water to produce bigger fruits.

>>I have a lid with 4 holes in it, turn um over for how long?

Til they are 100% colonized. The reason some jars stall at the end is because a lot of co2 builds up in the bottom of the jar. Since co2 is heavier then air flipping the jars allows it to sink and flow out of the holes in the lid. GL.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Offlinevonelab
Stranger
    #4438090 - 07/22/05 03:01 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

so i gatta put um on something then to let it flow, cuz if i turn it over the lids just covered

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation