Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleNewbie
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Suburbia
Incubating question
    #4437907 - 07/22/05 02:21 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I have my 1 day old inoculated jars in a rubbermaid container, lid on, on top of a comforter on the floor of my room, and a pillow on top.  My room is small and easily heats up when the sun comes up each day to around 80?-83?.  Will this be sufficient to promote colony growth or should I built something better?  My friend said he could get me a space heater, since their in jars the small draft from it won't hurt right? 
I'm just concerned because I have no way to make a TiT just yet, and if anyone knows an easier way to keep up to temp I'd appreciate it.  Thanks guys. :stoned:

Edited by Newbie (07/22/05 02:28 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Incbating question [Re: Newbie]
    #4437930 - 07/22/05 02:27 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

the only thing you need to worry about is your temps dropping below the 80 degree mark at night.  The space heater is a good, and a bad idea.  Its good because it can keep the heat constant at night, its bad cuz it can cause a fire.  If you want to make a cheap tub in tub, just buy a second rubbermaid and fill it with warm water and change it every day.  Its a pain in the ass but it will help keep things as close to optimum as possible without burning down your house :smile:

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

InvisibleNewbie
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Re: Incbating question [Re: coda]
    #4437952 - 07/22/05 02:33 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Would it reduce the possibilty of burning down my house if I elevated the heater on a desk with tin foil underneath? Also, is it necessary for me to keep it in complete darkness or is a rubbermaid container opaque enough to stall fruiting if I just close my curtains and heat the room with the heater?

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #4437976 - 07/22/05 02:37 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

total darkness is best, but, a little light wont hurt too much. It might slow things down a bit. I cant answer your question about the fire hazard. All i know is those things cause a lot of fires every year so to leave one running over night unattended seems like a bad idea. Just my opinion tho, you might be able to run it fine without any problems.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

InvisibleNewbie
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Re: Incbating question [Re: coda]
    #4438080 - 07/22/05 02:59 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Cool, thanks for the advice.  Man this is one of the most patient forums I'm a part of :thumbup:

InvisibleTrippingDuality
cult classic
 User Gallery

#4438256 - 07/22/05 03:48 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

i put my rubbermaid on top of a shelf over my cable reciever (it's in like a glass front tv cabinet) and it really works well. 
fire hazards make me crazy nervous.
i didn't want to deal with a tit either.
good luck :laugh:

--------------------
turn off your mind relax and float downstream

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Incbating question [Re: TrippingDuality]
    #4438517 - 07/22/05 04:33 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

i dont see what there is to "deal" with in a tit. Its just h202 and a heater. the only problem is the cord coming out of the bottom tub but you can hide that easy. If you're worried about temps buy a wireless therm, they're like 12 bux at wal mart. Mine works great and i can take it with me all over the house if i need to keep an eye on it.

--------------------

-JG

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation